Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

for viability!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Hooray for viability!!! And I'm having very similar experiences to you wrt movement. My little guy is more active when I'm on my left side (or at least I feel it more), and he likes to stop moving as soon as one of us puts our hand on my tummy to feel him wiggle.

I'm convinced that a full bladder must seem like a fun trampoline to a baby in utero, too!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Hooray for viability!!! And I'm having very similar experiences to you wrt movement. My little guy is more active when I'm on my left side (or at least I feel it more), and he likes to stop moving as soon as one of us puts our hand on my tummy to feel him wiggle.

I'm convinced that a full bladder must seem like a fun trampoline to a baby in utero, too!
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

25 weeks!

Ok I'll admit it, the belly comments yesterday hurt my feelings more than I was willing to admit. I know people say dumb things but they made me doubt myself, which is never a good thing. The fact is I do take good care of myself and my body is doing it's job. So unless one of my midwives gets concerned about my weight or the baby's growth, it doesn't matter what other people think.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I know. pg is hard on us in many ways. And our emotions are raw. Plus you are a mommy so it is extra offensive because that is your daughter in the belly. I fully understand. People are stupid.

But hey congrats on the 26 weeks! You are doing a great job. only 105 days to go for you! Time passes so quickly.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

I had a dream about birth and some of it was good but mostly it was a bad dream.

I got to the hospital and my labor was perfect and wonderful, no pain meds, went pretty quickly. My baby was healthy and everything was great. For about a minute. The my hospital room looked like some creepy old mental hospital that you see in movies, run down, no supplies, dark and just...icky. I had nothing to take care of myself with and there was no one to get help from. Then my baby mysteriously appears in a hospital bassinet with a tube in her throat--despite the fact that she's obviously trying to breathe around it and in distress. She looked red and purple and I felt so helpless.

Ugh. Just awful.

PG dreams can be intense. GOod and bad. And that sound like both. How creepy.

Just noticed my ticker...100 days!

Maybe that's the reason for the dream HAHA.

Sorry you had a dream like that I hate dreams like that but yay for just 100 days left!!! it seems like just a week or so ago I got to 100 days and now I'm already to only 49 or 50 days! Lol.. Hopefully it'll go by fast for you!
    Me(20) DH (20) DD #1 5/6/14
    4/13 & 5/13

26 weeks!!

You're all so super encouraging, thank you!!

Glucose test this afternoon. I don't have strong feelings one way or another whether I will pass or fail. I'm not sure if there are really any warning signs or symptoms and I feel pretty normal. My net weight gain is only 3.6 pounds so far (though I'm sure the doctor's scale will put it +3 pounds above that...whatever, it's wrong) but it's not like I don't eat--trust me, I eat plenty.

Speaking of eating I had a childish moment last night and had a big bowl of ice cream since I didn't think I'd really want to have any extra sugar today. 50g in one sitting is enough, thanks.

Well I was officially denied the position I applied for, can't help but feel that it's interesting that it happened the same day I changed my FB avatar to a huge pregnant belly...but it's ok. I sort of figured that they weren't interested after that last interaction I had with them.

The glucose test wasn't so bad. I actually liked the flavor of the drink (lemon-lime). I was on a super sugar high, then a kinda tired but not really bad, and then I was fine. I had a chicken sandwich after and rested when I got home. The strangest part was some O-pains (well in the same area as that) that would come and go, but lots of water and rest seems to have taken care of that.

They said that I would only get a call if the results were unfavorable.

OH!! I met with a student midwife today and she was so amazing, I wish I could have her the whole time. Sadly her rotation ends sometime in June. Seriously, like the best connection I've felt, she was so sweet and empathetic and concerned about my concerns and made sure that my chart reflected my feelings. AH well. I also met the last of the 3 practice midwives. I think I liked this one the least, she just...didn't do it for me. But they are all good and I'll be in good hands for delivery.

Sorry about the job. Just think of it as a test run and that how it might be difficult to leave your baby after!!!!
    My belly is HUGE but I don't care lol
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

What are O-Pains?
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

Quote Originally Posted by Myssi View Post
    What are O-Pains?
    Ovulation pain, just for short

So sorry about the job. But hope for you that the glucose test was good. The three hours one was much worse than the first one. But you seemed to have done good.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Well I was officially denied the position I applied for, can't help but feel that it's interesting that it happened the same day I changed my FB avatar to a huge pregnant belly...but it's ok. I sort of figured that they weren't interested after that last interaction I had with them.

The glucose test wasn't so bad. I actually liked the flavor of the drink (lemon-lime). I was on a super sugar high, then a kinda tired but not really bad, and then I was fine. I had a chicken sandwich after and rested when I got home. The strangest part was some O-pains (well in the same area as that) that would come and go, but lots of water and rest seems to have taken care of that.

They said that I would only get a call if the results were unfavorable.

OH!! I met with a student midwife today and she was so amazing, I wish I could have her the whole time. Sadly her rotation ends sometime in June. Seriously, like the best connection I've felt, she was so sweet and empathetic and concerned about my concerns and made sure that my chart reflected my feelings. AH well. I also met the last of the 3 practice midwives. I think I liked this one the least, she just...didn't do it for me. But they are all good and I'll be in good hands for delivery.
    I had the same lemon-lime flavor glucose and the cramps after too. I also had HORRIBLE gas. They said it is normal. I love my apprentice midwife too. Her and my midwife are just great. but I prefer the apprentice. I am lucky enough to have them both for my birth. Is there anyway you can request her even tho there is a rotation change? I find that with midwifes they are more relaxed about things like that. FX for you!

Been dealing with some growing pains the last few days. My sides and up by my ribs are sore and dearly in need of stretching out. I looked up some stretches to add to my routine, so hopefully that helps soon.

I got a 1 pound bag of loose red raspberry leaf tea that I should be getting this week. I'm excited for that!

Abby is active more I think...she used to have 4 periods of activity, now it seems to be more like 2 distinct periods and light/moderate activity the rest of the day. So that's fun.

I've been looking around for some part time work, just to save some money, but I'm not super hopeful that anything will come of it. Even if I lie and promise to come back after maternity leave, I can't imagine anyone will really hire a 6 almost 7-month pregnant woman.

Growing pains are normal. My bones and joints are killing me by the end of the day and I am uncomfortable to sleep.
    Hope you find something. Else just give yourself time - there will be a rare occasion post baby to be on your own!

27 weeks!!

I got my red raspberry leaf tea yesterday, so I'm drinking that 2x a day now. I just put 1/2 c pf the leaves in a coffee filter with 6 cups of barely boiling water and let it sit until almost cooled and then add 2 tablespoons of local raw honey. I added about an extra cup of water after that to dilute it slightly. I find that it prefer the taste warm to cold. It's much to astringent cold and no matter what I mix with it, it's not pleasant. But warm, I can drink it straight.

It's finally warm enough to walk everyday, which I am excited about. I definitely sleep better on days that I walk. The only problem--if you want to call it that--is I get so sweaty when I exercise, even lightly, I don't have enough clothes to walk everyday.

My new stretches are also awesome and working. I feel so loose and relaxed afterwards.

On the baby front, I can now feel a tiny little head or butt whenever she's rolling around. I just love holding that little thing in my hand for a minute until she's moved over. It's like..."that's your head!!" LOL I got DH to feel it last night, he was pretty excited about it too.

20. Default

I just keep a set of workout clothes ... the sweat dries by the next day. As gross as that sounds, it's better than missing out on exercise because of lack of clothing and/or doing a bunch of laundry.

Awesome for DH feeling her!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Welcome to 3rd trimester! Yay!

OMG you are on the 3ed tri! Where did the time go?

Woohoo, welcome to the third trimester!!!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Yay to 27 weeks. It's so exciting (and of course I missed it yesterday , so yay to both of us). Hope you can feel your little girl often now, it's such a nice feeling.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

You ladies are the best!!

Last night I had a weird feeling where I wasn't sure if I was hungry or nauseated. This morning I definitely feel nauseated.

Welcome to the third trimester indeed.

I had such a bad feeling of indigestion and nausea today! Ick. Plus heartburn and acid reflux. Thank you, 3rd trimester indeed!

I can definitely tell the difference between her little head (feels like a bent wrist) and butt (feels like a bent knee). It seems that her favorite position to lay in right now is with her back to my belly and her butt allllllllll the way over my right hip. Lots of room for kicking my bladder!! (I swear I think she gets upset when I pee because the fun bouncy thing is gone.) It also explains why my right side and right hip are tighter than the left, got a little weight imbalance going on most of the day.

Speaking of weight (I know I sound like a broken record, sorry), I realized too that to be at average birth weight, she still has about 4-5 more pounds to gain. Aside from wondering where I'm going to put that much weight in my belly LOL, I just hope that I can do it. I'm at +5 pounds now, yay!, and I eat rather a lot but mostly healthy foods (don't ask me about the ice cream or cake obsession I have). DH says not to worry, everything is going very well and things will happen like they're supposed to. I'm glad one of us can be calm about it!

I've been reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" -- I can't recommend this book enough! No matter what your feelings about it are, I think there's something to be gained from it. She has such a calm, assuring, knowledgeable--but not preachy voice. Several of the instinctual feelings I've had prior to reading this have definitely been supported/bolstered:

Giving birth is natural and normal.
    Women have been doing it successfully for a *really* long time.
    My body was designed for this.
    I can do this.

I'm looking forward to finishing the book and reading some others, though I"m not sure which yet. Some I'm thinking about are: Childbirth without fear, Birthing from within, maybe something Ina suggests that I haven't seen yet.

Sounds like a good book.... Truly you can do it! I've never had an intervention of any kind. I don't even think the IV is necessary. I will more than likely deny it this time around. With Preston they really ticked me off taking 30 mins to start one and 5 holes later (plus they blew my vein).
    waiting for our hearts to healBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I keep thinking you willbe done in June lol just a feeling. But might be wrong!