Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

less than 200 days to go, woohoooo!!!

Imo, dopplers are so reassuring...so excited to be getting one even though it'll be a few weeks before I can use it.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Ahh, 199 days to go until my EDD! It's really nice seeing numbers less than 200, but also...where did that time go? Oh right, I was puking it away...

I think I will have to tell my boss today about the baby. But if I chicken out a few more weeks aren't going to make much difference. It's not like it will matter or affect anything at all, just I think he should know. Won't be a secret for much longer anyway, this baby is all belly.

Starting to think I'd like a doppler after all. I really need one more thing to make me crazy!
    Yaaaaaay for being under 200 days! That is SO fabulous! I hear you on the belly front! I literally think mine is growing by the day. I told someone 2 days ago and got the first, "yeah, I could tell, I just didn't want to say anything in saw I was wrong!" Response. Yay for Buddha bellies!

So I told my boss and the most amazing thing happened...he gave me my office computer to take home so I can work at home full time! It's like an answer to prayer I didn't even ask. Since my commute is over an hour this is a huge deal. I was always able to work from home, but having my actual computer will make it soo much easier to access my data and run programs I need.

I feel such relief right now.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

OMG Natalie!! That is SO awesome. I wish that was possible for me!!! Ahh! I'm so happy for you!

As far as sleeping on a specific side, I think it really is a matter of comfort and your body. I fall asleep on my right side every night, and generally wake up a few hours later still on my right. I try to lay on my left when I'm on the couch, but I'm also completely fine on my back. I don't sleep that way on purpose, but I have woken up that way... and when I got a facial and massage for my anniversary, I laid on my back for over an hour. I was past 30 weeks at that point. Just listen to your body. If you force yourself to only lay on your left for the rest of your pg, you're going to become extremely uncomfortable.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Natalie that is so AWESOME !!!!!! Wow, best boss ever !!!!

So someone at DH's work gave us baby's first stuffed animal. But when he brought home one of our pups thought it was for her. It's about the size of other stuffed things she gets and so far all the toys have been for her (and her sister, but that girl does not care about toys...) she was so excited for the toy and hard to console when she realized she wasn't getting it.

Poor thing. She'll get some new toys from Santa but that was really funny (and sad).

Aww cool boss

Teddy is the same way, Natalie... he has a hard time grasping that everything isn't for him. I've even caught him in the swing! LOL. I swear he looks extra sad when I say "this is for the baby." It's like he knows... and he is not happy about it. lol

Awww, poor furbabies!! I love that your baby will have a pet to grow up with...I bet it won't take long before they're inseparable ♥.

That's what I'm hoping!!! He'll lay his head on my stomach, and when she kicks, he looks so offended and I'll say "That's your best buddy in there. You just wait." I know he can't understand me... but he looks super skeptical and walks away. LOL

Ps. I'm that crazy person that talks to their dog like they're a human. lol

We talk to them just like people and I swear sometimes they understand exactly what we're saying, because they respond appropriately. But I know that's insane.

Since I'm WFH now, my DH asked if I would find an OB closer to home. I'm torn because I really like my practice, but is it worth driving a hour each way? I guess it comes down to if there is any difference between insurance coverage for the closer hospital versus the farther away one. It really is annoying having this healthcare plan specifically designed for the university because they assume everyone lives there. And trust me, I'm not the only commuter.

I'm also afraid to believe whatever I'm told if when I call the insurance company and ask for help. But what can I do, call 5 times and see if the answers are the same??

ETA: IF (and that's a super huge if) I'm reading my policy brochure correctly, the difference in insurance coverage for the hospital near the university and the one local to me is a $500 deductible, which I've already been paying on seeing my OB. But I really can't feel comfortable with that assessment until I ask them. Because the way I'm reading it, I wouldn't have to pay anything for the university hospital and that can't possibly be right. Can it?

More edits: Ok talked to a super helpful lady who basically read the brochure to me--I'm not being sarcastic, those things are hard to understand, so now I do understand.

So: farther away hospital--no deductible, and charges are covered at 85%.

nearer hospital--$500 deductible (minus whatever I've already started paying) and charges covered at 70%.

I feel like I'll be paying that $500 either way to an OB practice so the real difference is 15% of hospital fees. In my mind, I'd rather be slightly inconvenienced and stay with a practice I like and go to the hospital that will cost me less. Plus I know that hospital is awesome. (The closer one is great too, but I don't have a doctor for it...)

MORE: There is an OB practice with midwives in my town that has a great rep, pediatrics in house and they deliver at the closer hospital. Suddenly an extra 15% doesn't seem like a lot since it could be the same as all that gas money. Better call and see if they are accepting new patients.
    Last edited by Geneari; 12-17-2013 at 02:14 PM.

I know money is always a factor, but finding a practice that you're comfortable with is the most important. So whether the money goes into fees or your gas tank, you just gotta figure out what's best for your care. I hope you figure it out soon!

I was thinking way too small with my numbers. Our out of pocket for the closer hospital is twice that of the farther one (we pay 30% versus 15%). Which means if the hospital charges are $10,000 (just making up a feasible number) we could pay either $3000 or $1500 -- that's not gas money.

I think this will be a compelling enough reason for my husband.

I'm glad I thought of some reasonable numbers, because I was really going to tell him we could easily switch and I was getting a little into the idea myself. But honestly, it's not so practical when put into real numbers.

Thinking of you and hoping you find the perfect fit!

We live 5miles from our local hospital but will be driving 45min or more depending on traffic and weather to go to the larger university hospital. Theoretically, if at some point my pg is no longer considered high risk I could transfer care here but I don't think I will. I feel like I'll have better continuity of care by staying with the same health system (all my drs are here) .

You're definitely early enough to consider your options and imo it's never too late to switch care providers if you're not feeling comfortable.

I don't know why I think everything will be such a struggle. All I had to say was it would cost twice as much, that was all he needed to hear. So we're staying the course. Yay!

How Awesome About Your boss! Congrats on being under 200 days!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I feel like I'm 6 weeks again, except for a bigger belly and slightly more energy. My boobs are super sore again and my nausea has picked up noticeably--nothing intolerable, just like hey, no, go away. Plus I'm having tons of random twinges and stretchy feelings in my belly.

Is this a growth spurt? Is it the last efforts of the corpus luetum before the placenta takes over?

I've never been this far along so I'm in brand new territory. *knock on wood and pray*

Could be round ligaments stretching. It is do different for everyone! My bewbies are OK but nausea and headaches are not good at all. And 2nd trimester is usually very enjoyable for me! Hope you start feeling more comfortable soon!

Id say the stretching feelings are RLP more thank likely. As long as it's tolerable, you're ok. You'll feel those throughout! And the rest, just sounds like hormones! They affect everyone differently. My boobs being tender was the first symptoms I noticed, even before my BFP. However they haven't hurt again until the last week. My friend's have been sore the whole pregnancy. It's different for everyone, and even day to day! lol

Happy 12 weeks to me!

I'm really beginning to embrace this new emotional side. I resisted it so hard because I thought it would feel like the pms crying I used to have--but I realize now that it's very different. It doesn't hurt, it heals me. So now when the tears come, even if it's several times a day, I just let them flow until they're ready to stop. Now if only this baby can sure my social awkwardness...

Happy 12 weeks!

HAPPY 12 WEEKS!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like everything is progressing perfectly...so happy and excited for you to be stepping into new territory! The 2nd tri is so full of wonderful firsts...can't wait for you to experience them all !!!

I love that you're embracing this season of pg...I think it tends to awaken a softer side and I agree, it should be freeing but it can take some time to adjust to the new normal for sure .

Happy 12 weeks!!! That was one of my favorite weeks, becuase you just feel so much more... secure? I'm not sure, but it's great! I never got emotional much, but I agree... embrace it!! I'm so happy for you! I know I say it constantly! lol

Time to add a new symptom to the list: itching. Yeesh. I've never been particularly itchy or have dry skin so this is new and not so fun.

I tried coconut oil and that helped for like a second. There aren't many recommendations for treat that make sense for me right now, since it's winter and I don't use harsh soaps. I do like hot showers which I know are bad anyway but it's like the one thing I do that I just like and it's not going to change. Cortisone creams are useless because it's not a histamine reaction causing the itch. Sigh.

I'm not overly fond of the oatmeal bath idea. Mostly because I'm not a huge fan of baths and it means I'd have to clean a bathtub...lol.

I guess I'll just suffer and complain about it.

Popping in. I have itchy skin on my stomache so I have been using the palmers coca butter oil. It comes in a spry bottle and I put a spray or 2 in my hand and mix it with my lotion and then put it on and it has been helping tons with the itching. I was itching somuch that I would break the skin.

Thanks for the tip!

I don't really have any lotion, what kind do you use?

I have been super itchy too. Mostly my face. And I totally missed your update about working from home now. That is absolutely fantastic!!!

I just use Vaseline total moisture.

So a little off topic, but I applied for a real job yesterday. I had been planning on spending some time once a week job hunting, just feeling out the market and if something really great came along I'd apply. I didn't expect to find a posting that felt like it was written just for me though. It's unclear to me how they will feel if I don't finish my Master's or if they will allow me to work there and finish my thesis at the same time (while being pregnant sound like a feat of strength I don't know I have...).

Personally, if they want to interview me, it feels like a good fit and the money is right, I don't mind not finishing. I did all the coursework, I got all the skills, it's enough for me.

Getting established in a job now, is better I think than trying even a few months from now or after the baby comes. Plus while I know intellectually that I can't be discriminated against for being pregnant...I find it really hard to believe that it won't happen if I interview at 5/6 months.

I have itchy chest for a few weeks now. Vaseline helps.