Page 1 of 18 123 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Natalie/Geneari updates

Red face Natalie/Geneari updates

My TTC journey started in summer of 2012 when baby fever hit me full force and I was convinced that we really needed to start trying to have a baby or it would never happen. My DH was less than convinced and needed some time to get ready. In Dec of 2012 I had my Mirena removed and we officially started trying in Jan 2013.

I wasn't taking any chances with letting things happen in their own time and I started charting right away. But then I realized it's a lot more complicated and difficult to get pregnant than I thought. We were doing it all wrong! Which is hilarious considering that people get pregnant on accident all the time. So I learned about fertility and what to expect and started ovulation tests in March. Then we started doing everything just right and not having success. It was really frustrating and upsetting and feeling like it wasn't going to happen naturally for us.

Surprise! October comes and I start setting us up for tests with doctors and on the 17th I got my BFP! And boy was it no squinter, such as beautiful sight to see.

I'm halfway trough 10 weeks now and it has been a rollercoster so far. Lots of symptoms, morning sickness, actual sickness, worry and fears. Not to mention excitement and joy and feelings of peace and contentment.

My next appt is this Thursday (Nov 12) and I'm very excited to see the progress of my baby.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I've been having weird late night nausea/hunger. I ate some crackers but it didn't really help, so I had some string cheese and that seemed to do the trick. I hope this doesn't continue very long because it's pretty uncomfortable and I don't like eating really late at night.

New food aversion: meat, just any and all kinds -- luckily it's just meat and not all proteins like daily and eggs or that would be miserable

New foods that I want to eat: fruits and veggies, yay!!! Missed those veggies.

You're so pregnant. You said your next appointment is November 12th!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

LOL. I thought that too. Add pregnancy brain to the list, Natalie! haha
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

LOL November... I didn't even notice that!

It's very sad that I've come to realize that there are more pleasant kinds of vomit and less pleasant kinds. Ok pleasant isn't the right word, tolerable is more like it. I've thrown up a lot of stuff in the last 7 weeks and I don't really seem to get used to it.

Only once was I not able to really get rid of the taste of it after vomiting and that is the worst, just having that lingering awfulness with you.

Hoping that this part is over really soon and I can look forward to eating again.

Hope you start feeling better soon! Today is the first day I less nauseated.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

11 weeks, yay!!

My last first trimester appointment is today. Whether I get an u/s or only use the doppler I'll get to connect with my baby again. It makes me cry just thinking about it. I'm going to try and record the hb on my phone for DH. He thinks that it won't work well, stupid guy, I should have no said anything and let it be a surprise.

I'm going to leave early and go shopping and maybe have lunch out and make it a "me" day.

I'm worried about insurance and how much this is going to cost but I suppose I should be thankful that I have any sort of insurance at all.

We recorded Charlie's on our phones! It worked perfectly. We sent it to the whole family and they were all so happy and surprised. I still have it saved, and listen to it all the time. That little thumpity thump can brighten anyone's day! Your DH will love it!!

I'm so happy for you.

Stalking for an update!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Sooo I was worried about the first trimester screening because of cost. I asked what the out of pocket would be because I felt the insurance wouldn't cover it and they said $160...it's not a LOT but it's too much for me now. So I said no that we would do the bloodwork. Well, later the midwife (who was awesome btw I love her) says that its a package deal, you really have to do them together or the results aren't meaningful. Ok fine, I opted out in that case, there are other tests that can be done later.

So the midwife and the medical assistant try to get the hb on doppler and they couldn't do it. They tried to assure me that it was just too early and my uterus was tilted backwards and everything is probably fine. I said that because of how sick I was, I really needed the assurance that my baby was fine and can we do an u/s to confirm. Of course they were willing to do that...and there was a code they could use that would be lower cost since it's just a hb check.

So the sonographer (who is probably my favorite person there, she is really one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life) find the baby and everything is great! Little one was moving around and playing with their arms. ALSO...she told me the two majoe things they check for on the NT ultrasound were fine, the nuchal fold was small and the sinus bone was in place...so it's like I got the screening anyway!

Having no pronoun makes this really awkward...I don't want to call my baby 'it' idk...

Anyway LO was throwing up tiny little arms and then putting the hands on their face and then throwing them up back again. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I think I cried most of the way home, I was just so happy. Thinking about those little T-rex arms, just love them!

So I got charged $75 for the u/s, which I was more than happy to pay. They will still try to get ins to cover it, but I really doubt it will happen.
    Last edited by Geneari; 12-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Awesome news! I hate that you had those moments of concern when they were trying to find the hb, but since the outcome was great I'm sure you're fine. So happy about those t-rex arms!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Awww...what an awesome update !!!!!!

I missed your first post here today until now...bad stalker !

Happy 11wks!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

That's so wonderful you were able to see your baby again and have that extra reassurance. woo hoo!!

Anna (36), DH (47), Little Man (4), , Little Lady (brand new!)

This post makes me so happy!!! Love it!!

How awesome! Glad you got the screening. How is your nausea?

My nausea is pretty much gone, except at night or if I don't drink enough during the day. Only seem to be throwing up once now, at night, which is not great because that's usually my biggest meal too.

So this is my journal, I'm going a little personal...

I can tell I'm feeling better. It's not a specific sense of feeling better or more energy, no, nothing like that. It was the sex dream. A very nice unexpected, much missed, dreams, about sex. See I've had zero interest since being pregnant. The fatigue and nausea and m/s and actual sickness will do that to you. We literally have not been intimate since conceiving this baby. And I only wish that was joke.

And now I feel better.

Draw your own conclusions.

LOL, Natalie...I have soooo btdt..."wet dreams" are great, all the results without the work !! I usually get them when I'm on pelvic rest...a body has needs .

I am so glad the m/s is easing up, wooot !!!!! Better days are coming soon my dear

I've heard that flipping the way you eat can actually help with that. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a queen, and dinner like a pauper. Who knows? It's worth a shot! So glad that you're feeling better at all though!!!

Not to hijack your thread, but DH and I haven't had sex in weeks either. I'm totally up for it, even with the back pain... however, he finally admitted to me that he's totally freaked out. He's afraid now that she's head down, she'll "know" or feel it or something. He said logically he knows that can't happen... but he can't get it out of his head, and therefore cant get in the mood. I'm sure now that he knows I'm dialated... he'll be even less likely. Ugh. Looks like it'll be another 8 weeks or so (counting post partum time) til I get any! and it's already been 6! UGH!

Kasey...my dh is not interested once my bump gets big...freaks him out a little too. My libido goes through the roof during pg though and then plummets during bfing. By the time my pp flow ends I'm like, eh about it so I always tell dh to get it while the getting is good .

Poor Kasey I feel for you!

lol Kelly... I can't wait to see what all these change have in store for me!

How cool that you got another u/s! Your baby is so cute!
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Before I got pregnant I couldn't tell you the last time I had applesauce, but now I can't get enough. And how gross is it that almost all applesauce has HFCS in it??

Anyway, my DH tells all his work friends about the crazy things I go through...
    We live very near "apple country" and the bossed at his work took all the managers apple picking. They made all the employees fresh applesauce for Christmas. Half the people in DH workgroup gave him their applesauce for me. How sweet is that?!

So now I have six half pint mason jars of fresh applesauce. I give it about a week lol.

Awww...that is so sweet !! I craved apples with my first

Yay for sexy time! I totally missed your update about your appointment. Woohoo for seeing baby again and that is awesome that they are able to code it so that it doesn't cost as much. Happy 11 weeks! A lime already!!!

Well it's awesome to feel better, but I traded it for insomnia again. I either can't get comfortable to sleep or can't shut off my mind when I am comfortable. I almost started crying I was so frustrated that I couldn't sleep.

When do the restrictions for safe sleeping positions start?

I can't get comfortable on my right side anymore. My abdomen feels sore and like it's being scrunched in a way that it doesn't like. So I avoid that side.
    Left side is pretty comfortable most of the time and I know that is the preferred side, just not sure when. The problem there is I have to face the middle of the bed to sleep on my left and my DH sleeps facing the same way about 50% of the time and I hate having my face breathed on when I'm sleeping.

So that leaves me with sleeping on my back. Which is the most physically comfortable position but I have never in my life been a back sleeper. I hate it. I feel exposed and face has no way of being shielded from light and I can't seem to settled in that way.

I really need to figure this sleep thing out while I can.

I read sleeping on your left side is best for pg... I have no clue why, accept I feel more comfortable on my left as well.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

There are a few reasons why sleeping on the left is best. It allows better fluid flow through your body and to the kidneys. Also sleeping on the right and on your back (though I'm not sure if it applies if you are propped up on your back) can cause a blockage or closure of a major artery to your lower half, which is obviously something we want to avoid. I just don't know when in pregnancy it becomes really important to pay attention to these positions.

Also if you are doing yoga or other floor exercises, it is important to lay on the left side for most positions for the same reasons.

I was always told it's fine up to 20wks .

Up to 20 weeks back sleeping is fine but not recommended after and in 3rd trimester.

Ahh, 199 days to go until my EDD! It's really nice seeing numbers less than 200, but also...where did that time go? Oh right, I was puking it away...

I think I will have to tell my boss today about the baby. But if I chicken out a few more weeks aren't going to make much difference. It's not like it will matter or affect anything at all, just I think he should know. Won't be a secret for much longer anyway, this baby is all belly.

Starting to think I'd like a doppler after all. I really need one more thing to make me crazy!