Thread: Exercise...

Default Exercise...

I know most of us are still crawling through the 1st tri, lol, but anyone getting regular exercise in or planning on anything specific to stay in shape during pg?

I hope to keep skating for a little while (until I get a belly) and once my 2nd tri starts I'll probably just walk on tbe treadmill. I'd love to sign up for water aerobics or prenatal yoga but I have to see what they offer around here . If there are no prenatal yoga classes maybe I'll get a dvd (any recommendations??). I have a Leslie Sansone walking dvd I used during my last pg...just had to modify it a little.

Ha, "best laid plans"...we'll see how it actually pans out but I'm really hoping to do something on a regular basis . I tend to need variety or I get really bored, really fast and I dread it which means I probably won't do it
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I haven't been using my gym membership as I should so DH has cancelled it for now. I have until March to resign without the joiner fee so I plan to rejoin then so that I can go walking and Ava can start swim lessons again. I had planned to be a lot more active than this but not doing a good job of it.

I was doing prenatal yoga 3x a week through Dailyburn.com, they have a yoga program specific for each trimester with a great coach--called Beautiful Belly. The instructor is great, my only complaint is there are only 3 works per trimester so it can get a little old after a few weeks doing the same routines, especially if one doesn't really appeal to you. It can be streamed on the computer, tv, tablet, whatever. You can get a 30-day free trial and after that it's $10 a month, pretty good. I like that I can do it at home on my schedule and hopefully I'll feel good enough to start doing it again in a week or so.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I'm going to check that out Natalie!

I found out our hospital has a water fitness class for preggo mommas at the Y, yaay ...going to call about the cost tomorrow .

Eta...give yourself some time Rach, you'll get back into it !

I figure baby needs all the extra resources I have available for most, if not all, of the first tri . Loooots of time in the 2nd and 3rd tri for fitness .
    Last edited by kellyowens; 12-08-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I have an awesome prenatal yogs dvd I've used with every pregnancy. I also walk a lot!

If you exercised before pg you can continue almost in the same pace just with longer warm up. Any exercise is a great way to control nausea, blood pressure and prevent many pregnancy related illnesses.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I actually had to stop yoga because I got nauseated and dizzy during one of the practices. I guess you just have to listen to your body and be willing to adjust. I also got nauseated while walking...so I guess exercise will have to wait until I feel better.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!