Thread: BFP or BFN?

Default BFP or BFN?

So... First we are not TTC. But are "trying" to prevent if possible. We "pull out and I breastfeed. Saturday I realized I was later for AF than normal~last AF was Oct 2. I usually have AF every 35+ days. Every time I have been prego the baby is weeks younger than I think she/he/she should be. Saturday I took a hpt and it was a bfn-but that was as soon as I got home in the evening. Took another hpt Sunday morning and it was also a bfn. I usually save all hpt until AF started or I get a definite BFP. This morning after I shower, I pull the tests out to “look” at them again. The one from Sunday morning (yesterday) has the control line where it should. Where the bfp line “should” be it looks like it is outlined on either sides with very faint pencil lines.

Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else?

Symptoms:
    VERY sensitive nipples~so bad that I quit nursing Saturday (She turned one in Oct.)
    Late AF
    Dizziness
    Headaches
    Increased libido
    Tiredness (several times have taken a few hour naps.)

That sounds like evap lines. If a line did not show up within the allotted time for the test than I would not consider it a BFP.

I have taken soooo many hpt when I was TTC and always kept them until a BFP was evident or AF showed up. This has n-e-v-e-r happened in 6 years... I also use dollar store tests so I can test frequently.

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/...ncy-test121916

That was my test this pregnancy... that looks like you described... it turned out to be positive but the test was faulty. I've also had other dollar store test that show faint lines that turn out to be negative...

I would pee again and see if anything pops up. If you are pregnant and it was a positive it will certainly show more clearly within a few days.
    .~Becky~.

Becky~this looks just like mine!!! Well husband and I have talked and we are kind of excited about a fourth child. We are even looking at cars that would seat our family... If I can hold out I'll test Friday.

I would consider that an evap and probably test again in a couple days (okay, lol, I'd test every day for a week, lol, but I'm poas crazy like that ).
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Yeah, I'd call it an evap too, and test again in a few days. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

Well here it is Friday and I thought it was Thursday till around four. But I did go get more dollar tests.

Today my boobs are very tender... I quit nursing last Fri, nursing only once Sunday. Until I quit she was nursing 1-2 times a day, but it was usually for comfort...

I have been cramping off and on for a good week. With my last pregnancy I thought I was 11 weeks along based on my AF. I went to the Dr that week and the Dr said that the baby had just started its heart beating- like last night or that morning... So I knew at conception.

66 days late today. Took a HPT that was another BFN. Thought AF started but nothing... Boobs-nipples hurt so much it hurts to take off bra.

Any thoughts?

I would probably give the dr a call for a beta tomorrow .

Any amount of bfing can cause irregular cycles. Also, ovarian cysts, which are common and typically resolve on their own, can cause a late period and pg symptoms (which are a result of elevated progesterone levels).

If the beta is negative you could request provera to induce a period.

I hope you get it figured out soon !

Thanks Kelly!

I agree, until you are completely done breast feeding, prolactin remains in your blood stream and can screw up or even prevent ovulation. Not in all cases though!