Thread: Worsening morning sickness

Unhappy Worsening morning sickness

I hate that I feel like I'm always complaining or needing lots of help. This pregnancy has been so different from my others that I'm just struggling with how difficult it's going. I'm glad though because I at least have a sense that my baby is healthy since I'm so...not.

My m/s seems to be getting worse. Everything I eat/drink comes up now. Even if I haven't eaten in hours I still throw up. It was just once or twice a day but now it's more like 4-5 or more.

It's never been a stomach-emptying kind of vomiting so I feel like I'm at least retaining some nutrients and fluids. The zofran doesn't keep me from vomiting at all, so I don't bother taking it since it makes me constipated.

I used to get a sense of relief after vomiting but now I feel awful and drained and sometimes like I hurt, especially in my eyes.

I'm putting myself on a pretty strict fluid intake regimen to try and prevent dehydration. I just don't know what else to do. I feel like the B-6 is definitely working since I don't really feel nauseated anymore...just a stomach discomfort that immediately precedes the vomiting.

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I was soooooo sick like that with DD I feel for you hun! Too bad you can't take Diclectin. It really helps!! With DS #1 and now 2 I was lucky to not get too sick at all......

Hugs. With dd2 I threw up until 26 weeks. But only once a day. However I could eat and drink almost normally. Now I am nauseated but don't throw up though at times it feels like it would be better if I did! !
    I would bring it up with a Dr - may be give a call to him/her? Sorry you are having such a tough time!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Ugh, Natalie , I sure hope this is the storm before the rainbow for you !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Maybe itīll be over in a few more weeks, I hope you get some relief soon

I'm starting to wonder now if my increased m/s the few days was actually a sign on impending illness. Yesterday I started coughing, shallow, could just be a cold, kind of cough. Then later in the day it turned into a deep chest barking, really hurts, cough. I took my pulse and temp (my mom's a nurse, so is my SIL and I used to be a certified nurse assistant...lol) and both were fine. Temp was 99.1 which could just be high b/c I'm pregnant or trending high b/c I'm sick.

I slept through the night ok, no coughing because I forced myself to sleep sitting up, and only got up to pee.

This morning now temp is 99.8, and pulse is high 90-100 and the cough is getting worse. I'm really worried (freaking out is more accurate), I've had pneumonia before so I'm more susceptible to that. I also have lots of history with bronchitis because of my RA. Which is another point...when I get sick --which isn't all that often--it comes on hard and fast and just gets worse and worse until I get the right treatment.

I called the nurse line at my ob to see if I should see them or my pcp. I thought about taking some tylenol for the temp but I'm going to wait to talk to the nurse.

ETA: the ob can't see me b/c they are so booking from the holiday they are sending me to the pcp. Thankfully that is my university health center and they can do chest xrays and give me iv fluids if needed so I won't have to go to the er or anything.
    Last edited by Geneari; 12-02-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Hope you feel better!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Oh, Natalie I am SO sorry you're having such a rough time. I really hope that you get better soon and start to be able to enjoy the pregnancy!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Ok, I got a flu test (it was neg...and the doc was less than thrilled I haven't had a flu shot...not happening). Chest xray showed inflammation but no fluid. I got 2 bags of iv fluids, a cough medicine called tessalon pearles??? And some lovely phenergan so maybe I can stop vomiting.

I lost almost 3 pounds in the week and half since my 8 wk appt.

I've taken those cough meds before and they seem to work well. I haven't had a flu shot yet either and infact my OB hasn't even suggested it yet. I don't plan on getting one either and I did with one of my pregnancies though. Its common for morning sickness to start to get worse. Mine always seems to around 9 weeks. The Phenergan will make you tired so be prepared for that. If your morning sickness does not start to get better though you need to talk to your OB about your options. There are other meds they can give you and they do have Zofran pumps. Mine has never been that bad but I knew a few other moms from APA and outside of APA who has had them. Try and stay hydrated!

I know Wikipedia isn't the best source, but I heard about this when Princess Kate was pregnant. Have you or your OB thought about this as a possibility?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperemesis_gravidarum
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Ugh, So sorry you're so miserable. Hopefully the new meds will help.

Anna (36), DH (47), Little Man (4), , Little Lady (brand new!)

Just a little update. Today I woke up wit ha fever of 100.9. I got it to come down with tylenol but it went right back up to 100.6 after 4 hours.

My ob called in zithromax and some heavy duty cough syrup.

Thankfully I haven't vomited at all since yesterday and I stopped the fenergan in the afternoon and still can keep all my fluids down. No cramps or bleeding so I think the little bean is hanging in there.

Its been a rough few days but I feel like I'm turning the corner on feeling better.

Oh my word Natalie ...I missed this !! I am so sorry you're going through all of this, ugh !!! I sure hope your meds help you feel 100% soon !!

Thinking of you ♥!

How are you doing today?? Any better?

Hope your feeling better soon!
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

So far since taking the first dose from the Zpak my temp hasn't gone over 99.5! My cough is still really awful and will be for a few more days at least. But I have some codeine cough syrup which is just so wonderful.

Also still no vomiting, which is great and so weird that is was 4-5 times a day one day and then just gone the next. Maybe the fenergan was all I needed to break the cycle.

Back to the couch with some soup for me.

Sooo glad the meds are keeping you as comfortable as possible...praying within the next few days you'll start feeling much better !

It could be the phenergen but I would guess the iv fluids were probably paramount . The fluids flush the irritating toxins and hormones faster and being adequately hydrated just makes everything work better.

Sorry you are ill! Speedy recovery!!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

How are you feeling today?

t&p!!!

After all day of normal temps, I spiked a temp of 100.00 overnight. I caught it when I woke up at 2:45 and took some tylenol. It's still down now but that was really odd.

Going to have to go the store to pick up more stuff to drink and eat. I've fallen in love with Imagine Organic creamy tomato soup. It's bland enough I can eat it plain but now I'm starting to add rice and other stuff to it.

I'm down another pound but what can you expect on a liquid diet? I wish I would get hungry for something substantial but it's not there yet.

Weight loss isn't bad as long as you're staying hydrated and weight gain is what the 2nd tri is for .

I love Imagine soups...yum, now I want some creamy tomato too !!!

How are you doing Natalie?

I went out for a United Way Pancake Breakfast this morning!!!

And threw up half of it thanks to m/s in the parking lot... I have had m/s only about 1x day now and it feels so different from before when I was getting really dehydrated.

I'm so much better now but needing to regain strength and energy. Everything I do is such a task and I need to lay down for awhile afterwards. Bleh. I have a huge paper to finish (ok start) before Wednesday and being down a whole week was not great.