Thread: Could I be?

Default Could I be?

I've been off birth control for 5 months. Since coming off the pill my cycles have been 31 or 32 days. My last period started October 22nd. On a 31 day cycle, I should have started the 22nd. It's the 26th and I haven't started yet. My fianace and I DTD on Nov 4th and 7th, which according to every ovulation calculator I can find would be fertile days for me. Since the 20th or 21st I've been having light cramping in the lower abdomen. I have had terrible breast tenderness since about the 10th. And today I got really hungry all the sudden, and shakey. And I'm going to the potty all the time!! Oh, and I gag everytime I brush my teeth...
    What are we thinking. Could I be? I haven't taken a HPT yet.

Yes you could be. Take a test! KUP
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Well I took a test yesterday, and one today just to be sure, and both had Big Fat Plus signs on them, so now I guess I need to make an appt with the Doc.

Congrats! Feel free to join us in the July DD room!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Blog Entries

Congrats!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

So, I've never been pregnant before, and this is all very new to me! Hopefully I can get a hold of the Dr office Monday (they weren't open on Black Friday..LOL!) What should I expect at my Dr appt? And if I had 2 test come back positive, what's the chances of them being wrong? I really don't want to get my hopes up..

There's little chance of getting a false positive on hpts. If it will make you feel better, get a different brand of test and use it.

Your first appointment may not be scheduled until you are sometime between 6-10 weeks pregnant, for some it's even as late as 12 or early as right away. If you get an early appointment though, they will likely just do a urine test, take your medical history, and give you information to help you make any lifestyle chances that may be necessary for the health of you baby. And then schedule you for an appt later in the first trimester.

If your appointment is later on (ex: mine was at 8 weeks), they will do an ultrasound to make sure the baby is growing, give you a due date and possibly urine tests to make sure you're healthy (they check for protein and other stuff in the urine). Also they will keep giving you information and possibly ask your preference on having a doctor or midwife, if the practice has them.

If you haven't already, start taking some prenatal vitamins, drink some extra water and get a few more hours sleep!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Thanks I have no clue what to expect with any of it... I have no clue if what I feel is normal, and I'm trying not to freak myself out... LOL!!!

Congratulations !!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ok, so for all of you who have been there done this before... LOL... I know a lot of women say they get light cramping around the time that they should have their cycle.. how long does that tend to last? I've been having it off and on for about 2 weeks, but no spotting or anything like that... Is that normal? You know how when you stretch, say your legs before a work out, and that feeling you get when you stretch too far, that's how it feels...LOL! I have a feeling I'm being a worry wart. This was totally unplanned, but unprevented. Fiance and I are getting married in March (good thing I haven't gotten a dress yet) and I have no insurance, so I have so much going thru my brain.

Totally normal and may continue for the first few weeks as baby gets cozy and your uterus stretches to make room for your little bean .

Eta...as long as it's not accompanied by heavy bleeding it's nothing to worry about.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels