Thread: Embarrassing/Gross (poop talk)

Default Embarrassing/Gross (poop talk)

I was warned...zofran makes you constipated. But did I listen? Nooooo.

I have been constipated to varying degrees ever since getting pg and the zofran just made things much worse.

So last night comes and I feel like I need to go...yay. Only there was a problem...a very solid, rock hard, not going anywhere, problem.

I spent two hours trying to work through it, I can't believe I had to help myself poop. Ugh. Topical coconut oil helped a lot (thank you to my bathroom only jar of coconut oil). I felt at times like I couldn't do it myself and would I have to go to the ER, yikes.

I'm giving my body a break this weekend, no zofran and colace. I might feel awful, but its the weekend and I have no where to go nothing to do.

Next time I'm going to listen better!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Oh man, that's really awful. I usually have the opposite problem when pregnant. When I was taking the phentermine to lose weight I was having major constipation issues though.

Popping in! The Zofran is awful for constipation. Literally awful! I spent hours trying to go, I tried everything! I did an enema and nothing. My mom went to the pharmacy and asked the pharmacist what I could take. He had me drink this nasty stuff I've had it before but I was advised to only drink half of it. It worked! But not for a long time. Since then I take a stool softener every night and now I have no issues. Zofran can be wonderful and a curse all at the same time.

Ugh, Natalie...I am so sorry !!! I'm so glad you got through it but what a horrible trade-off for m/s !!

I hope you turn a corner with the m/s soon !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

So far all weekend of stool softeners and no additional zofran has produced nothing. I feel (aside from sick and awful) that I don't have any blockages because I'm able to pass gas and feel digestive movement/sounds...but there's nothing happening. I have "need to go" feelings but nothing happens.

My liquid I/O seems to be in balance, not that I've been measuring, just by feel.

I don't feel (gosh I'm so feely today) comfortable going anywhere until I get that first bm out of the way. I could really use at least 4 mg of zofran to take the edge off.

Whew, finally some relief. I feel so much better now. Time to get to work, no excuses now! ;)

Ok I need some help, the stool softener (generic colace) is not working. I started taking 200mg/day at night (down from 300/day split between midday and night) on Monday. In the last week I've had only 2 bms: last friday and this monday.

Should I up the colace to 300mg/day?
    Should I start taking something else...and if so, what? My mom told me miralax, but unless something has changed, it was not listed in the Schedule/Section B Safe meds for pregnancy.

I have only had 4mg of zofran this whole week, only because my dh begged me to take something to feel better.

Could you just be using more nutrients? Before I was pg I only went every 3-4 days, now I go everyday but it's green, yes green, as in grass green! which means it's passing through my body so quickly that even bile is being expelled and doesn't stay in my system long enough to even digest properly. YUCK! So maybe your just using all those extra nutrients and have nothing or little of to expel? My tip for going to the bathroom is gross but has always worked... I drink a cap full of vegtable oil and quickly follow that up with 3 large glasses of applie juice concentrate. I am usually going within hours Just don't think about the oil and chug the juice right after.

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Well, Cait, that is a definite possibility. My food intake is so different than before because of food aversions and m/s. I don't eat nearly the same volume of food and I eat mostly carbs, some protein and lots of liquid. I was the opposite of you going regularly every day or at least every other day.

IDK if I could stomach the apple juice concentrate, but I could do coconut oil with diluted applesauce.

I know I could use lots of dietary changes to "fix" this like more fiber and veggies, I'm just not a point where I can do that yet.

Hope things improve. For ones you will stop taking zofran in a few weeks!!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

You need to drink more fluids. I take a stool softener that's extra strength. The brand is sunmark. It seriously works great! I only take 1 at night. I am now not constipated. I also though only take half my Zofran at night I think they are 8mg tablets so I take 4. I had constipation so bad right around when I was the same amount of weeks as you it was awful. You can also do a drink that's a laxative. The pharmacist told my mom when she asked for me to just drink half of one. It also worked. I tried everything to go even enemas it was awful. I cried and cried because I needed to go so bad but could not. Good luck I hope you can get some relief soon!