Thread: Low BP - 5 weeks pregnant

Question Low BP - 5 weeks pregnant

I'm 5 weeks pregnant, when checked with a general physician (not a gynecologist) my bp was 60 (low) - 90 (high) which is too low she said. are there any risks involved? Also, i travel 110 kms a day (home - office - home). Please help.

Thanks in advance.
    Bhuvana.

Are you having symptoms like light-headedness or dizziness? I have low bp during pg also . 90/60 is low but not drastically...some things that might help are: get up slowly, eat a bit more salt, drink more water, and be especially careful standing up after a bath or take showers (avoid using very hot water).
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

One thing I learned from yoga is a very specific way of standing up or going form bending over to standing--to help prevent dizziness.

Exhale as you put your hands on your hips and then inhale while you slowly stand up. Might have to practice a few times, but it's worth it!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Always keep a snack with you, avoid hot showers and baths. In the morning get up slowly, make time to take your time standing up. If you start seeing black dots or flashes call your doctor.

90 by 60 is within normal range. Unless it goes down more (especially the low part) and/or you feel very dizzy, lightheaded and faint, not much to worry about. Keep hydrated. Eat snacks and don't make sudden moves.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Ha...aaaand it has hit...low bp. I went shopping earlier this week and was sooo winded and airy-feeling the whole time. I get "flashers" when standing up fast and palpitations...time to increase water and salt intake . It hits me most during heavyish activity, after eating or a shower, and if I stand up fast. Oddly, it makes my ears ring too...so weird , lol

My lowest reading ever while pg at the midwife's office was 84/46 but typically it's 85-95ish/48-58ish my first two trimesters.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Ouch, take care!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook