Thread: Zofran and still vomiting...

Default Zofran and still vomiting...

What gives? Ok honestly, I think this was my own fault.

I had my zofran at 9:45 am and some coffee and got involved doing something. I started feeling ill around noon when I realized I hadn't eaten yet--stupid me.

So I grab a banana, get half way through it and start throwing up. Ugh.

I just didn't expect to still throw up while taking the zofran.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I wish I had good advice for you but I don't I hope someone knows something that I don't! I never dealt with severe nausea and vomiting from pregnancy.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Blog Entries

You can still vomit on Zofran for sure. Hopefully this was your fault for not eating and if you stay on top of that you'll feel decent on the Zofran. If not, you can likely take more Zofran (generally people start out on one tablet but you can take two with the doctor's ok) and there are other treatments, too.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I am so sorry you're dealing with this! Maybe the medicine takes a little while to get into your system and work?
    And I know that eating small meals/snacks helps throughout the day. I never had to deal with vomitting, but in the beginning I would get nauseous if I didn't eat. It's much easier to do while I'm at work, and on schedule, but I try to eat breakfast by 745-8, I have a snack at 10, lunch at noon, a snack between 230-3, and then I eat dinner around 6-7. Most the time my snacks are just some fruit or yogurt and a bottle of water.

When I first started doing it, it was hard... so I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat. Lol. I know it sounds silly, but if it would keep you from throwing up who cares! I hope something helps!! Just remember, this is all for the best reason in the world!!!
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

I still vomit while taking Zofran. I don't throw up as often but its still daily. I eat a few times a day. Not to often but I eat breakfast, lunch, snack around 4pm and then dinner. If I don't I get super sick. Most of the time I eat half my dinner throw up and then finish it. That's how its been for the last month. I only take half a Zofran at night though because if I take anymore than that it does nothing for me but make me super constipated. Constipated so bad that I'm in tears from the pain. Now I'm taking a stool softener every day and I haven't had constipation since I started that. Good luck! I sure hope your morning sickness lets up. I know for some women it gets so bad they end up on a Zofran pump. Mines never been that bad but feeling nauseated all day and throwing up is not fun at all.

Ok this actually eases my mind. It might sound weird, but to me the nausea is much worse than throwing up. I thought it would be the other way around.

I might have to take Kay's advice and inject eating reminders into my day. It's tough because I have zero appetite and I just don't think about eating. Obviously that's what I need to do...

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Really hoping you're able to work out something to stay on top of it Natalie !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Try crackers throughout the day with your Zofran maybe???

So sorry!

Yes - definitely keep eating regularly. For me, at least, that has a huge impact on how I feel. My doctor told me I could take multiple zofran during the day if needed, so if it gets too bad, you might explore that. But I'm totally with you. The nausea is way worse than actually vomiting.
    Sara: 31, DH: 33. After 19 months of STC, we caught an eggie! #1 is on its way!

Make a pregnancy ticker

They don't prescribe such things here and you can just go on a glucose or some other IV drip for nausea. Eating something even saltine crackers is a must! Hope you feel better
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook