Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The name game

Default The name game

It's early and oh so subject to change but who has given any thought to names yet?

Girl names kind of stump me since I've already used my two favorites. I really like old fashion names for girls so my favorites (so far) are Ruby and Rose. Boy names I am really liking Nathaniel, Jonah, and Miles. Ava would have been Noah and Olivia was going to be Judah so I kind of feel like those names were exclusive to them. I don't think we are going to tell IRL people our names until baby gets here though.

I've always liked Henry for a boys name, my husband's not too big on it though. We've had Olivia picked out for a girl's name since before we were married. We like bouncing boy names back & forth. I teased my husband with Cobalt....it sounds cool...but you have to say it the right way ;).

Anna (36), DH (47), Little Man (4), , Little Lady (brand new!)

We've had our names picked out for awhile. Thinking about trying and TTC for almost a year...you think about stuff a lot!

Boy: William (Liam) Owen or Alexander, DH can't decide on the middle name he likes
    Girl: Abigail Lillian

The middle names (except for Alex) are for honoring family and the first names are because it's what we like. In my family everyone has a unique first name but in DH family they try to use family names. So I think it's a nice compromise.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I love William Owen. My grand dad was Charles William (where we got Charlotte) but everyone called him Bill. and DH's name is Owen! lol
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Rach...I like them all but love "Miles" ♥.

Anna...love the name Henry (my cousin's ds is Henry and he is sooooo adorable)! Olivia is precious!!

Natalie...I love love love William Owen (ha...kind of favor Owen over Alexander for obvious reasons, lol ) and Abigail is my oldest's daughter's name . I always wanted a Lily/Lillian or Lucy/Lucille but they didn't make dh's cut .

A girl will be Evangeline but we haven't nailed down a boy name or middle names yet. Some names we're tossing around are:

Thaddeus Robert (my dad is Robert)
    Raven Timothy (I know Raven is thought of as a girl's name but I like it for a boy)
    Silas Robert
    Reuben Timothy (dh likes Timothy for a first name but I don't so it will likely be a middle)
    Evangeline Juniper (love the whimsiness), Ember, or joy
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

The name Miles was not even on my radar until I got into the show Revolution. I really like Jonah Miles with our last name or even Miles Jonah. DH was like Miles, what kind of name is that? So it might be a hard sell but he might come around.

I like Owen a lot. Miles too! And you know I love Nathaniel
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

That's funny Rach! We love that show too, and we always knew we like Charlotte and wanted to do it after my gpa... but when we started watching that show and the main girl's name was Charlie (it's actually Charlotte) we were like "Yep! She's so badass!" Lol. Sadly, we have missed most of this season, and without internet can't catch up.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

Quote Originally Posted by KayDub View Post
    That's funny Rach! We love that show too, and we always knew we like Charlotte and wanted to do it after my gpa... but when we started watching that show and the main girl's name was Charlie (it's actually Charlotte) we were like "Yep! She's so badass!" Lol. Sadly, we have missed most of this season, and without internet can't catch up.
    I really love the name Charlotte as well and it is definitely on my list. Probably my only drawback is how popular it has become but Ava and Olivia are both top 5 names so it's not as if I haven't used popular names before.

And I am really not loving season 2 as much but still watching.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    And I am really not loving season 2 as much but still watching.
    I am enjoying it a lot more than I did season 1
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*

Miles Davis...come on!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

We have tried discussing but dh loves nsme Jonathan for a boy which I don't and I have no clue what it cqn be for a girl! Dd1 insists on Elizabeth but our 2nd one is Alyssa who is already Lyssa for short.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Had names picked out for ages.. Alexander or Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Miles Davis...come on!

Popping in from June. Hope you don't mind!

We're thiking of Penelope Cates for a girl. Cates is. MIL's maiden name and DH's middle name. We'd use Penny as a nickname. Second choice is Margaret, "Maggie," which was my mom's name. My sister's DD is Ariana Margaret though.

We're having a harder time with boys. We used to be pretty set on Charles Arthur after two of our grandfathers, but some good friends just used Charles. We're considering Thomas Whitworth with "Whit" as a possible nickname. Still working on others.

I had always said I wanted to name my daughter Lennon (yes I'm a huge Beatles fan, but it's a tribute to my dad who introduced me to them and my love of music.) Middle name Jean (after DHs dad who passed away, his name was Gene) BUT now I'm really digging the name Norah Leigh. Lee is my dad's middle name. Who knows tho!! It's been a really rough 18 months for me. I lost my Grandmothers 3 days apart, and my Papaw 3 months ago, so I lost all three of my remaining grandparents within 18 months, and in the middle my dad was diagnosed with cancer. So, no clue where we'll end up on names. If it's a boy I would almost name him Russell, my Papaw's name, and I've considered my Grandmothers names, but Idk... It's still months off, and I'm sure I'll change my mind...
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

I've been going over and over names and I'm in love with the name Eleanor Claire . We will probably still go with Evangeline but I think I'd like a traditional middle name...Evangeline Catherine.

I'm hoping dh will come around to Thaddeus Robert...so far it's my #1 for a boy .

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I've been going over and over names and I'm in love with the name Eleanor Claire . We will probably still go with Evangeline but I think I'd like a traditional middle name...Evangeline Catherine.

I'm hoping dh will come around to Thaddeus Robert...so far it's my #1 for a boy .
    My current girl forerunner (not that I have talked to DH about this yet ) is Eleanor Rose so I LOVE the name Eleanor.

Favorite boy name is Jonah Miles.

We are big on really unusual/non traditional names. We have a girl name so far... but no boy name.
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl07 View Post
    We are big on really unusual/non traditional names. We have a girl name so far... but no boy name.
    Boy names are killing me, lol! Dh likes traditional biblical names but not any of the ones I suggest !!! My paternal Grandpa's name (and an uncle and great uncle) is Gerald...I also have an uncle who is Donald...I like both for middle names. My dad's name is Robert and it's my #1 choice for a middle name but only if we can settle on a first name that fits.

Gideon is on our list for boy names... I like it but it doesn't really go with our other kids. So far I have a Tristyn Faith, Kaelyn Hope, and Talon Jason (his daddy's first name is Jason). So yeah a girl name needs to end in -yn. We like Rocklyn Joy right now (my girls hate it though lol). And I'd love to find something bird related for a boy name because of Talon... But I might just have to go with a name ending -n (hence Gideon). Im playing around with Avion, but I think its too out there.

I was just telling my dh that I wish we could be like Mary and Joseph and have an angel say "His/Her name will be :_______" end of story! Naming is hard
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

I came across a cool baby name website today: http://www.babynamewizard.com/
    They have a cool feature, the NameVoyager Expert where you can put in names that you like & other criteria and it'll give you a whole bunch of names similar to ones you like. Only downside is it's a subscription for that feature. Still cool though I thought.

Nymbler is another good one that will give you names based on names you enter.

I'm going to check those out!

I can't believe it...dh just said he's okay with whatever names I choose ! I asked if he wanted to know ahead of time and he said it's up to me.

So, what would you ladies do? Would you keep it a surprise (we aren't finding out gender until delivery)? I'm excited about this !!

We have a name. Micah which means "who resembles God". Whether boy or girl.

Quote Originally Posted by AJHMommy View Post
    We have a name. Micah which means "who resembles God". Whether boy or girl.
    I love it! My nephew is Micah and we have a family friend named Micah who is a woman...it's a lovely name for both genders and what a beautiful meaning ♥

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    Nymbler is another good one that will give you names based on names you enter.
    Ooo..cool.