Thread: Court Tomorrow

Default Court Tomorrow

Well one of the big court dates comes up tomorrow. i'm just now starting to get a little nervous. This is the one we've waited for for a long time. They decide tomorrow whether or not to change the plan from return to home or relative placement to adoption and termination of parental rights. I've spoken with the social worker, GAL, and the state attorney for DSS...all seem perfectly confident there's no way the judge can go against their recommendation. A month ago, mom was still in the mental hospital...or back again I guess I should say and dad was AWOL. Last anyone talked to him he wanted to sign away his rights.

So hopefully tomorrow is a game changer. If all goes well a date will be set to have a termination hearing...at which I may have to testify but that's okay. And once that happens the official process begins! Baby girl will be 1 on Sunday so we'd love to get past this with a positive outcome and enjoy her first birthday celebration!

Also when I met with the state attorney for DSS I took her. I figure if they're fighting for her and they have a chance they should meet her. He fell in love with her in a second and held her and played with her. Said she was the cutest, happiest baby he's ever seen. He wants her to stay with us so there's another one on our side. I'll update ASAP tomorrow!!

Oh Leah it all sounds like it should fall into place and finally get moving tomorrow! Thoughts will be with you tomorrow!

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Really praying for all to start coming together tomorrow! And I can't believe she is already 1!!!

Good luck!!!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

So excited for you...praying court brings some wonderful news tomorrow !!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Good luck at court! But you don't need it, it's going to go perfectly she belongs with you guys!

Praying it all goes well! How exciting!!!!

Good luck today! I've been stalking for quite some time, and I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you!

Good Luck!! I can't wait to hear the wonderful updates later!!!

2/28/13

Blog Entries

I can't wait to hear, either! I hope that you have great news to share with us soon.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Good luck today!!! Can't wait to hear!!

Thinking of you today!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Good luck today, Leah! Praying everything goes great!

Just thinking of you. Hope court goes well.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Best of luck today! Y'all are in my thoughts!
    Jennifer

Thinking about you today. I hope all goes well. Can't wait to read the update.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

Today has been a busy whirlwind and we haven't stopped for a second since we got up so I'm just now getting to update. Court went very well. The judge approved the adoption plan anda court date was set for Jan 30th to have the termination hearing. Dad decided to voluntarily sign away his rights. So it looks like we'll just have to deal with a termination hearing for mom. I kind of wish they hadn't decided to go through with it for her sake. It's going to suck for her to have to sit there listening to witnesses talk about why she's not fit to parent. She kept trying to look at me and I avoided her....I was told to but I wished I could have comforted her in some way. She was hurting today I think. So...after the hearing on the 30th we should be able to start the adoption process which they say will go quickly for us since we've had her for so long.

Only wrench that was thrown in there was that mom's lawyer asked AGAIN that visits be reinstated. Baby girl and mom have not seen each other in 10 months. I just can't see how that would be good for either of them at this point. Baby girl will be terrified of her! But we'll just have to see. Our social worker said she doesn't see that happening so hopefully we don't have to deal with that. It's just unfair to baby girl to try to make her bond with someone she doesn't know at her age...oh well. Hopefully it won't happen. Otherwise though everything went well and we're back to waiting for the next court date. Just two more to go before she's legally ours if all goes well! And now we can celebrate her birthday!!

Great news, wooohooooo !!!

We finalized our adoption and had a baby both within a few months too...it felt so good to be a legally recognized family with *all* of my kiddos. I absolutely cannot wait for it to happen for you too !

Happy Birthday baby girl...so happy she has you and dh ♥
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Wonderful news! I am so happy for y'all!
    Jennifer

Blog Entries

Great news! I really hope that mom can really get the help she needs somewhere.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

How wonderful!! Hopefully they don't give her visits!!

2/28/13

Great news! I don't think the mom's lawyer is trying to hurt anyone, just to do her job. A lawyer has to be the best advocate they can or they can get in trouble. I know that's hardly comforting but at least it's understandable.

Very soon we can all learn your daughter's name!!!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I'm so glad court went well!! Looks like she'll officially be all yours very soon! What a whirlwind of a year! You have much more than just a birthday to celebrate I hope baby girl has a wonderful day!
    I don't understand why the lawyer would ask for visitation again (despite agreeing with Natalie that he has to advocate for his client). Since the plan is no longer for them to be reunited, I would think visits would do more harm than good for the both of them. Hopefully the judge will deny that request.

Yay!!!!!! I'm so happy to see this!!!

That is great news! And the best thing for that baby girl.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I've been silently stalking and wanted to say Happy Birthday to your little girl. I hope the next couple of months go very quickly for you. So happy for you.