Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Net

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    I'm glad I'm too early to have to think about hiding my bump over Christmas . And I'm glad family doesn't know yet...not up to answering questions and fielding comments (being pg with a 5th+ baby seems to push some peoples' rude and stupid comment button) .

I've discovered that if I have a super busy day and don't focus on eating well and staying hydrated; the next day I'm nauseous and exhausted. The holidays are wonderful but my body is craving routine .
    Are they all yours? Catholic? Mormon? Do you know what causes that? Was this pregnancy planned? Growing up in a big family I have heard it all. People have no filter and can be really rude and insensitive.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    Are they all yours? Catholic? Mormon? Do you know what causes that? Was this pregnancy planned? Growing up in a big family I have heard it all. People have no filter and can be really rude and insensitive.
    Exactly!! Most of the time I can shrug it off but other times I just don't feel able to deal with it.

I'm feeling so sick today...smells are even bothering me . I don't know if I have ds's stomach bug or if I've just over-done it this week. Or maybe my little fuzzball is having a growth spurt (I'm more exhausted than I have been too)...that's my favorite theory . It makes me even more excited for my u/s Thursday
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Really truly awful start to Christmas. I got to my parents and the driveway was full of police cars. My brother has been struggling with depression pretty much his entire life and has major anger issues. He has within the past year taken a turn towards being suicidal but refuses help. Anyway he had a huge meltdown and it got really super ugly and the police were called. He was given the option of being taken in and booked and have something on his record or going to a psych facility for an eval and treatment. He chose the psych eval but he is so angry. I'm so scared. This is either going to be exactly what he needs our it's going to push him even further to the brink. He's only 20.

Oh Rach !!! I'm so very very sorry ! Praying praying praying !!

My family suffers with serious mental health disorders too and it can be so uncertain and scary. Breaks my heart for your family...so hard to see loved ones struggling like this.

I hope and pray that being admitted will be just what he needs...that he'll get a wonderful dr and come out with hope and a new start ♥
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Very sorry to hear that Rach, I hope this will be something that gets him turned around. Praying for your family this Christmas!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Rach...how is your brother doing? Thinking of you !!

Afm...yesterday, I was really feeling like stepping away from the dd room until I have a definite answer but I'm just going to take one day at a time and try not to worry the week away . The sun is shining and I got some things done yesterday so I'm enjoying a lazy afternoon at home with 6 of my kiddos and 3 of my nephews today (my oldest 3 are up north staying with family and will be home Sunday) ♥.

My asthma/allergies are getting to me (mil has an indoor cat...spent the day there for Christmas). I even took a tylenol 3 last night because of the headache and hacking cough (it's worse when I lay down). I take claritin every day but don't feel comfortable taking anymore than that.

Exactly !

Afm, lol, I seriously wake up every morning and am so excited that I'm still pg ! I told dh the other day it's a little bit like pulling out of your driveway to go to the store and out of 20 consecutive trips you get in a car wreck 12x with only 8 successful attempts. If you perchance decide to go to the store again because out of the last 3 trips you still haven't been able to get what you went out for in the first place, every mile you make it still intact is so encouraging but you can't shake the fear that danger is right around the corner.

It's not a perfect analogy but you get the idea . Obviously, it's worth chancing a "car wreck"...but having to start out again after every time just gets harder and harder. I never know how far I'm going to make it. On the upside though...experience has taught me to enjoy the ride for however long it lasts. Eta...lol, and let's face it, my "car" is on its last leg...not a whole lot of mileage left !!

So anyway, I know most of us celebrate the weekly change over but most nights I come to APA at midnight just to refresh the page and watch my ticker add one more day that I get to be pg .

Yaay for 6wks+2 !!!
    Kelly, this really sums up how I feel about pregnancy too. My numbers are different - I have had 5 previous pregnancies, and only one child for all of that. I'm nearly 5 weeks along now, so it's too soon to say how things will go this time, but every day that I feel symptoms, every day without any bleeding or spotting, feels like a victory. Last weekend, I had one splotch of blood on toilet paper, and after that there was tiny amounts of light brown flecks sometimes when I wiped the next day (maybe implantation bleeding?). Since then, I haven't had even a trace of bleeding. Even with my successful pregnancy, I had spotting on and off for the first few weeks. This is the longest I've gone during any of my early pregnancies without spotting, except for the implantation spotting. Every time I go to the bathroom, I feel excited to wipe and not see any hint of blood. And while I certainly don't enjoy the gags and the fatigue, I'm so happy to be feeling pregnant at all, that I don't even want to get Sea Bands or anything now, because if the gags went away I'd be too nervous. Yep, definitely a little crazy. ;)

Rachel... sorry to hear about your brother. I hope he gets the help he needs from this.

I haven't seen him since Christmas Day. He's staying with a friend that doesn't live here (about an hour and a half away). He's supposed to be going to the counselor next week but I highly doubt if he goes. If he doesn't find a job in the next week he will be moving back to my parents which is both good and bad. He doesn't have a phone or internet access where he's at now so I really don't know how he's doing. He seemed ok when I saw him on Christmas Day.

That is so hard Rach... Praying for him.
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by NHKate View Post
    Kelly, this really sums up how I feel about pregnancy too. My numbers are different - I have had 5 previous pregnancies, and only one child for all of that. I'm nearly 5 weeks along now, so it's too soon to say how things will go this time, but every day that I feel symptoms, every day without any bleeding or spotting, feels like a victory. Last weekend, I had one splotch of blood on toilet paper, and after that there was tiny amounts of light brown flecks sometimes when I wiped the next day (maybe implantation bleeding?). Since then, I haven't had even a trace of bleeding. Even with my successful pregnancy, I had spotting on and off for the first few weeks. This is the longest I've gone during any of my early pregnancies without spotting, except for the implantation spotting. Every time I go to the bathroom, I feel excited to wipe and not see any hint of blood. And while I certainly don't enjoy the gags and the fatigue, I'm so happy to be feeling pregnant at all, that I don't even want to get Sea Bands or anything now, because if the gags went away I'd be too nervous. Yep, definitely a little crazy. ;)
    Kate !!!! I'm so sorry you've had so many losses . It sure changes your perspective doesn't it...I totally welcome pg symptoms! Anything to give me hope things are going well, lol, it's a bit loony to hope for discomfort but it's just so reassuring . Thinking of you and praying this is your sticky bean !!

Have you had RPL testing done? Have you seen an RE?

Kate !!!! I'm so sorry you've had so many losses . It sure changes your perspective doesn't it...I totally welcome pg symptoms! Anything to give me hope things are going well, lol, it's a bit loony to hope for discomfort but it's just so reassuring . Thinking of you and praying this is your sticky bean !!

Have you had RPL testing done? Have you seen an RE?
    Thanks Kelly. I have seen an 'RE and had a lot of testing done. Every single test came back normal. I can't even remember every single test we did... genetic tests for both DH and I, thyroid, immune, a coagulation panel, and more. No explanation, but I have to remember that normal results are a good thing, even if it means no answer.

Kate...I felt that way too, I wanted answers but I was glad nothing was overtly wrong health-wise (I have thyroid disease but it's well-controlled) . We know now my issue is (and has been) Diminished Ovarian Reserve...my eggs don't produce viable embryos most of the time. On the one hand I'm crazy thankful to still be ovulating on my own but on the other I wish we could just catch a good egg because loss after loss after loss takes its toll.

I'm hopeful we'll have one more to complete our bio family whether it ends up being this pg or a future pg .

So my home scale (which is horrible and I hate it) is very unforgiving, it stays at the same weight pretty much unless you gain--then it shows immediately. For losing weight, it will flash to a lower number and then show you the weight you've been, for like a week and then it's like "oh I guess you did lose weight after all"...

Anyway, my scale has been flashing a lower weight the last few days. And I'm like...how can I be losing weight still? I'm eating more like I was PP and I haven't been throwing up and I'm not exercising yet...so what gives?

I'm trying to track my food intake with myfitnesspal, just so I can see if I'm eating enough and I don't really have enough days tracked to draw a conclusion. I just don't want to keep losing weight.

Natalie...maybe it's just going to take time for you to build up an intake to meet the demands of baby and yourself?

Afm...my cough is starting to get better but I have to take tylenol throughout the day because of the chest pain. Looks like I'm going to live .

I did fine with not gaining any weight through the holidays but then birthday party food and leftovers is killing me on the scale. My appointment is on Thursday and I fear the number. Going to spend the rest of the week watching what I eat more closely.

And I'm glad I have a baby on the way because my current baby turned 2 yesterday. It's so bittersweet! I love watching her grow and change every day but it happens far too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    And I'm glad I have a baby on the way because my current baby turned 2 yesterday. It's so bittersweet! I love watching her grow and change every day but it happens far too fast.
    I here you! Adam's 2nd bday is in 2months...I can't believe it has been almost 2yrs ♥!!

So... ready for 2014?
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    So... ready for 2014?
    Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by cheeksy View Post
    So... ready for 2014?
    Yes I am !!!

My oldest is graduating and going to college this year...sooo proud of her and excited for her to start this new adventure . Now that Christmas is over I can start planning her open house.

My 10yr old is getting orthodontia in April, lol, not terribly excited about that but glad it's getting done sooner rather than later .

One kiddo will be learning to read this year and I'm hoping to have our youngest potty-trained before the next little one arrives.

Ha, and my 20yr class reunion is this summer (class of '94)...how crazy is that!?! LOL, I'm so old !!!

All in all, I'm looking forward to watching 2014 unfold !

Happy New Year!!! Well, happy MY year. Cause I'm a Horse lol
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Happy New Year Varya!!!

I'm stuck in 2013 for 12 more hours

I love starting a new year...there's just something magical and exciting about having a fresh year ahead of me . Ha, I feel the same way about Mondays and the 1st day of every month but a new year is the best

Last night we met up with some of DHs friends that he's had forever, but lost touch with--some of them live very near us (which in the mountains means about 20-30 miles lol). It was nice to socialize, even though I'm awkward with people, once I get to know them I'm very comfortable. They invited us to their house for NYE and I think we may go. We're very much homebodies so it feels like it takes a lot of effort to get the desire up to go somewhere, especially at the last minute. There's a pretty good chance my DH won't feel like it, especially after working today. But the possibility is exciting!

I hope you guys go and have fun, Natalie !!

We have no NYE plans because we don't know anybody around here, lol ! It'll be 2yrs in March since we moved and we just haven't gotten to know anyone very well (my oldest 5 kids have lots of friends though).

I've had the same friends for 10-20yrs so starting and building new friendships IRL seems daunting to me. I really feel like I just don't have the time or emotional energy for it right now like I did when I was younger with only young kiddos, which I'm perfectly okay with . It's a season of life...I know it will change eventually as the baby/toddler years come to a close in our home.

We used to get together with my bff and her kiddos...I miss that but I'm looking forward to a night at home with dh and all my kiddos (my oldest 3 are home after being gone for a weekish)

I cannot sit still today! I cleaned up all the Christmas decorations, made collards and black eyed peas, trimmed up the rest of the 8 lb ham we had, put clothes away, swept the floor. Did a very small ab exercise set, showered, washed the tree skirt. And I just feel like the energizer bunny...do more things!

I should try to nap though if we're going to out tonight...

LOL, Natalie, that's awesome ! Praying the energy extends to tonight so you can have a great time out!!

My New Years Eve will consist of likely being in bed before midnight. I haven't stayed up or gone out since I was in high school.

I had a gift card for Old Navy and a visa giftcard from MIL so I did some shopping this morning. I got myself a couple clearance maternity tops at Old Navy and bought my husband a couple cheap t-shirts too (he totally wouldn't have let me use it on him if he had gone in with me...hehe). Then I went to Bath & Body Works semi annual sale and filled a bag up and only spent $18. This coconut lime breeze is to die for! I keep sniffing my fingers. After that I bought lunch for my family and still have another $10 left for next time. Money well spent.

What a fun shopping trip Rach !!!

Afm...I think I'm heading to ER for this cough (urgent care is closed and I doubt they'd even see me since I'm pg). The pain is ridiculous and I'm coughing up thick, green phlegm (sorry, tmi). I'm absolutely exhausted from coughing . I don't know what they'll be able to do for me but at least I'll know, right? I just hate that our deductible has started over...I would have gone in yesterday but I was feeling a bit better, definitely worse today though .

They'll give you, hopefully, codeine cough syrup which is what I had with my cough. It is great, calms the cough and lets you rest. Didn't really make me sleepy but definitely relaxed.