Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Net

Sorry about your loss:-(

I have this particular muscle that is on the right side, right where the appendix is, that always hurts during pregnancy. And it echoes into the scar from previous c-sections. Needless to say sometimes I have such a "fun" time moving or turning around.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Sorry about your loss:-(

I have this particular muscle that is on the right side, right where the appendix is, that always hurts during pregnancy. And it echoes into the scar from previous c-sections. Needless to say sometimes I have such a "fun" time moving or turning around.

I am feeling so down lately. Not sure what it is, perhaps a combination of things, but I just feel so disconnected from everyone (irl). Sometimes it feels like the only person I see anymore is my husband (and co-workers). Like, all my relationships have just gone to the waist-side. I don't know if that is on my part or theirs. I'm also so frustrated with not having energy yet! I'm thankfully the pregnancy sickness has subsided, but now I am getting sick (cold?) again. I just don't feel like "me" anymore. Especially not emotionally. I feel like everything I am doing lately is wrong (not concerning the baby... I feel like I'm doing alright in that aspect) but more so just personally. Like I'm questioning all my decisions (marriage, finances, friends, where I live, etc). I feel like I'm living in my headspace!! I need to get out of my head so badly! I am fearing how life is going to be after the baby too. I'm sure that's the only "normal" part of my anxieties... but nevertheless, still thinking about it.

..just venting... ...oh and that's another thing. my goodness! I feel like I CAN'T STOP CRYING! All-the-time! It's annoying me. I can't even hold a conversation sometimes!! I just want a break... just some sanity. some ME time....
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

I am feeling so down lately. Not sure what it is, perhaps a combination of things, but I just feel so disconnected from everyone (irl). Sometimes it feels like the only person I see anymore is my husband (and co-workers). Like, all my relationships have just gone to the waist-side. I don't know if that is on my part or theirs. I'm also so frustrated with not having energy yet! I'm thankfully the pregnancy sickness has subsided, but now I am getting sick (cold?) again. I just don't feel like "me" anymore. Especially not emotionally. I feel like everything I am doing lately is wrong (not concerning the baby... I feel like I'm doing alright in that aspect) but more so just personally. Like I'm questioning all my decisions (marriage, finances, friends, where I live, etc). I feel like I'm living in my headspace!! I need to get out of my head so badly! I am fearing how life is going to be after the baby too. I'm sure that's the only "normal" part of my anxieties... but nevertheless, still thinking about it.

..just venting... ...oh and that's another thing. my goodness! I feel like I CAN'T STOP CRYING! All-the-time! It's annoying me. I can't even hold a conversation sometimes!! I just want a break... just some sanity. some ME time....
    Me: Heather {28}, DH: Tahee {30}, & Baby Boy: Carter {born July 2, 2014}... makes three

We has out first baby in April may June room! W00t!

So, is anyone interested in getting this NET going again? I'd love to chat and get to know you all some more if anyone might be active here!

Totally! I am closing on 30 weeks and pondering on having c-section on July 1st, making it 2 days away from my due date.

Sure, our room has been pretty quiet lately. We have some moms busy with their other kids and some busy ftms and then there's me---just hanging out and posting almost everyday ahahahaha.
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

Wow, 30 weeks???? For my first pregnant, I was due late in the month (back when there was one month due date rooms), so I was behind everyone, but not this far! That's so exciting! Why are you thinking C-section? Did you have previous C-sections? How exciting to be thinking of baby's birthday!!

Haha. You remind me of me during my first pregnancy! I was working, but I was working from about 7 AM to about 8 PM everyday. While I technically had breaks and lunches, I was too busy to take them. So instead, I'd eat at my desk. I'd take about 5 minutes every hour, and guess what I did for those 5 minutes?? Yup, came on here and posted! So I was pretty much posting constantly. Let's just say, my post count on here used to be a LOT higher, before they deleted all the threads I'd posted in. I think I lost... 20,000 posts?? I don't remember now, but it was a lot.

So what kind of stuff do you do during the day? I would have great dreams of gardening, or cooking, or hiking, or something! But I doubt I'd do hardly any of it, haha.

I had 2 c-sectons before, one of which was emergency dye to failed vbac. So Dr recommended I go for an elective one this time since I can't risk having another emergency. Plus hospitals here are not equipped nor have experience with vbac. So... little choice!

P.s by due date here Natalie and I are ahead but in the other room I am like the last one! My due date is very approximate as I ovulated very late and 3 different doctors put me between June 30, July 1 and July 3. So I linger between 2 rooms just in case hah I have a feeling though I might end up going on my own at 37 weeks. I did not have this feeling with my other two and I knew I would be late which I was with do. With dd1 I had a c-section for medical reasons but not a sign of anything by 39+ weeks

I was working on a Master's degree in geographic information science, but my thesis was going no where and my advisor wasn't helping me at all, so I stopped. I tried getting a job but that didn't work out. So I sew things for baby, work on things for my online shop (jewelry and hair accessories), clean---trying to figure out this stay at home thing. I've never not been busy before so it's weird, but I'm learning hahaha. Like you have to learn how to not do things all the time.

Can you change the advisor?
    I tutor at home (English and Russian), take care of 22 months old and a 5.5 year old, cook and we'll, recently I am more homebound. I have a cleaning lady who comes twice a week to do major cleaning, dishes if any, folding laundry and other needed things. We are moving to another apartment across town so I will have to hire a mother lady who might be coming more often after the baby is born. In China it doesn't cost much - between 2 and 4 usd an hour. So we can afford that, thankfully. The rest of the time I do small things myself.

I'm changing my degree to not require a thesis, so I just need one semester of course work and then I'm done. So that should be next spring.

Well, definitely fun to pick pretty much know the birth day! Can't believe it's time to start thinking about such things already...

How fun to be almost done!! So are you working on it now? Or is this a semester off while you change? But yeah, I can't imagine having nothing to do... That's why I came home early from Japan. My "job" (teaching English privately) got cancelled when my one student got too busy. I had no house to tend to, Maiya was at school all day, so no kid to tend to, I wasn't even doing the shopping or cooking... I couldn't stay there for much longer with nothing to do!!

How long you lived in Japan for?
    Natalie, I absolutely despised writing a thesis for my MA. And it was during times where we had to sit on the library figuring out how to write a thesis on a subject without plagiarism! Our counsellor we very wise: she gave us parts of her PhD thesis so we basically wrote hers.

The first time, when I was an exchange student, I lived there for a year. I've been back to visit many times, and this time we stayed a month. I originally wanted to stay 3 months!

We had really no plans for Easter today, and I got Maiya nothing. But she ended up with a gift, anyway- she got to feel the baby move!! Since she was my first, I didn't get to experience anything like that. Something really amazing about the older sibling being able to feel the baby...

Hope everyone had a great Easter / weekend!

Aww that sounds like a great present!

Aloha you three chatters,
    just coming back after my mothers vacation time. I've never been that busy during my pregnancy. We were out of the house or town almost everyday and I loved how fast the time went by. But I'm gratefull to have a little more time for me and the baby again. Just feel absolutely tired after those two weeks.
    I'm still on a H4-Visa, so no work except what I can do at home and now that we bought a sewing maschine last week this will definitively more than before. Happy Easter Monday to all of you!
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Glad to hear your visit was nice, I was thinking about you!

What kinds of things do you sew?

Right now I just started again. I didn't sew for a long time During my college time I was too absorbed with learning and going to classes and after that I started working as a part time teacher right away and made my master in higher scientific education (allowes me to teach biology up to college courses) besides working. Before that I sewed everything from curtain up to T-Shirts and skirts. Right now I wanted to start slowly with curtains for the baby room. I will also print some plumeria flowers on them as soon as I have them ready.
    Sabrina [33], DH [33] and our precious shaka-girl

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal5 View Post
    The first time, when I was an exchange student, I lived there for a year. I've been back to visit many times, and this time we stayed a month. I originally wanted to stay 3 months!

We had really no plans for Easter today, and I got Maiya nothing. But she ended up with a gift, anyway- she got to feel the baby move!! Since she was my first, I didn't get to experience anything like that. Something really amazing about the older sibling being able to feel the baby...

Hope everyone had a great Easter / weekend!
    Such a great present!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissgirl View Post
    Aloha you three chatters,
    just coming back after my mothers vacation time. I've never been that busy during my pregnancy. We were out of the house or town almost everyday and I loved how fast the time went by. But I'm gratefull to have a little more time for me and the baby again. Just feel absolutely tired after those two weeks.
    I'm still on a H4-Visa, so no work except what I can do at home and now that we bought a sewing maschine last week this will definitively more than before. Happy Easter Monday to all of you!
    Glad you enjoyed your time and hope you get lots of sewing orders!

Aloha, and welcome back! Nice to have more time to yourself.

Sewing will be fun! I wish I could, but I have neither the creativity, vision, or patience for it. I bet you will make some super cute stuff!!

So, we're looking at buying a new house. Crazy? Maybe. Especially crazy since we're mostly considering fixer uppers! There are two I really like. Unfortunately, the fixer upper market is highly competitive, and most people have all cash offers. Which I, unfortunately, do not have! So we may never get one. Not sure we'll find one move in ready that we like that much!

I'm so excited, I really want one of these two. Which is totally insane. Fixer upper with a 4 year old and a new born?? Ah well. Probably won't happen, but I'm impatient. I have to wait to make offers, and wait for my big u/s where I find out this baby's sex. TOO MUCH WAITING!! Hehe.

How's everyone doing? So very few updates from you, ladies!

I know it's very quiet in here. I hope everyone is just happy and healthy so too busy to check in!!

We're doing well. As I said in my last post, we made offers on some houses. We're in contract for one now and moving! That is keeping us VERY busy. Craziness...

How's it going with the house?

I got some hand-me-down sheets and blankets that come with the crib that our friend gave us. Washed and hung all to dry.
    Now I am wondering if I should start assembly of the crib myself lol dh gets just too busy with work and spends free time helping me with laundry, ironing, dishes and the girls.

I am having a really hard time being social lately. I don't feel like getting dressed and going and being around people. We have a play group this morning at a friend's house. The girls are super excited about it but I'm less than enthusiastic even though I will have a good time. If it weren't for them I would try to come up with an excuse to not go. I always go all hermit at the end of a pregnancy.