Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Net

Hello bloat and heartburn...blah! LOL, so what do I do about it...I eat chili for dinner...yeah, somebody shoot me ! I get gastritis during pg and usually start Nexium after 12wks...until then, maalox is my friend
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Quote Originally Posted by kellyowens View Post
    Hello bloat and heartburn...blah! LOL, so what do I do about it...I eat chili for dinner...yeah, somebody shoot me ! I get gastritis during pg and usually start Nexium after 12wks...until then, maalox is my friend
    Those are good symptoms but ugh! I had one really good heartburn episode a few weeks ago and thought oh great, this is starting WAY early. Since then nothing but I always have awful heartburn while pregnant.

Sooo how is everyone doing?

Afm...everything seems to be on track so far . I'm really hoping for good numbers tomorrow and nervous about my u/s next week . It's just sooo early for an u/s but I'm going to go into it expecting only a gestational sac...anything beyond that and I'll be totally ecstatic!!!

I'm hoping to be transferred to MFM after that u/s...just eager to get things rolling with my obs .

It's great when things are on track, this early stage is so worrisome!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

LOL, okay, it's probably just hormones but I'm kind of irritated by the comment someone posted to my frer at countdown to pg .

She said: "Congrats! And this is great for gallery records IMO. A DARK line doesn't determine super high betas."

Really?? What a discouraging thing to say!! I'm feeling pretty awesome about my test *and* my beta for 16-18ish dpo...then she makes it into some gallery statement about dark tests with low betas (I know she said it's not "super high" but what does that even mean??). Boo !

Sorry for the rant...does that seem like a ridiculous thing to say to you? As if those who post tests there aren't already a hormonal, nervous-wreck!

Doing ok... Trying to wean my 18mo old... Not going very well. I have pretty much dried up, but he is determined, especially about 4/5am Thats hard... And just feeling like I have been sea sick for about 3 weeks is really steeling the joy.... Im hoping it lifts by Christmas.

Good news I met with a new midwife (I had my last 2 babies at home and I am hoping for the same this time as well) and I loved her... SO thats good!
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

LOL, okay, it's probably just hormones but I'm kind of irritated by the comment someone posted to my frer at countdown to pg .

She said: "Congrats! And this is great for gallery records IMO. A DARK line doesn't determine super high betas."

Really?? What a discouraging thing to say!! I'm feeling pretty awesome about my test *and* my beta for 16-18ish dpo...then she makes it into some gallery statement about dark tests with low betas (I know she said it's not "super high" but what does that even mean??). Boo !

Sorry for the rant...does that seem like a ridiculous thing to say to you? As if those who post tests there aren't already a hormonal, nervous-wreck!

Some people are so mean!
    Katie~

Ready to meet with the RN Thursday and get an appt set with the Dr. Been feeling really good, which is odd to me, I fully expected morning sickness, and all the yucky stuff. I'm lucky I guess. The only problem I'm having now is constipation... bleh... What is safe to take to help with this problem??
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

I'm good. DH and I got to go out kids free this afternoon. It was so nice. We went to lunch and then went and saw Catching Fire. Tomorrow morning it's my u/s. I feel a little nervous but at the same time I know I feel good and pregnant so I'm sure it is going to be great.

Lots of updates, I love it!

Kelly--don't let some faceless mean lady steal your joy!

Caligirl (sorry ill learn your name soon)--you can take stool softeners like colace. Try and gets in lots of fluids!

Rach-- can't wait to see your u/s pics, I'm sure everything will be just great!

Natalie...you are absolutely right! I shouldn't let it bother me !!!

Katie...I'm so glad you love your new midwife!! I've had 4 homebirths (5 planned but 1 was a transport during transition) and had 3 different midwives. I absolutely loved one of them but I never really connected with the other two and some of the assistants were doozies but my first midwife's assistant was awesome. If only I could have gotten the midwife I loved with the assistant I loved...that would have been fabulous !!

(((Hugs)))...I hope the weaning process takes a turn for the better soon !

Jessica...how did your appt with the RN go?

Rach...so glad you and dh had an afternoon out!!

Afm...all of my symptoms are starting to amplify...taking it as a good sign !

Nothing like being vomited on by a toddler multiple times and cleaning it up from all over the living room to make you feel super nauseated. I have a nasty feeling I am going to be up all night with her just like I was with Ava when she had it over the summer.

Ugh, Rach !! I'm sooo sorry! I have a sick toddler too but it's a cough/fever bug...will probably take him in tomorrow just to be safe. We slept on the futon in the living room last night and will tonight so dh can get some sleep (Adam doesn't sleep well anyway...when he's feeling poorly he hardly sleeps at all).

Poor babies...praying your sweetie feels better soon !!!

Quote Originally Posted by caligirl07 View Post
    Doing ok... Trying to wean my 18mo old... Not going very well. I have pretty much dried up, but he is determined, especially about 4/5am Thats hard... And just feeling like I have been sea sick for about 3 weeks is really steeling the joy.... Im hoping it lifts by Christmas.

Good news I met with a new midwife (I had my last 2 babies at home and I am hoping for the same this time as well) and I loved her... SO thats good!
    I felt like I dried up but then milk came back with full force and I even leaked for a while! Now my boobs shrunk but I still nurse for naps and at night.
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    Nothing like being vomited on by a toddler multiple times and cleaning it up from all over the living room to make you feel super nauseated. I have a nasty feeling I am going to be up all night with her just like I was with Ava when she had it over the summer.
    Hope she feels better soon. Both my girls have flu. Not fun!!

Ignore her. And enjoy tor dark lines and truly high beta!!!

I was starting to worry a little today because I had more energy than usual and even got a bunch of things done that have been hanging over my head for weeks. I know symptoms can come and go but usually the fatigue stays with me so I had a brief moment of panic thinking maybe baby wasn't growing anymore. LOL, then I remembered a few things:

1. I went to bed earlier than usual and slept in
    2. After 4 nights of almost no sleep due to a sick co-sleeping toddler we finally slept all night
    3. Dh is home which means more coffee (dh is a coffee snob, lol, even roasts his own beans)

So that made me feel worlds better and once I sat down after being on my feet literally all morning and most of the afternoon the fatigue hit hard . Oh the things that are a comfort during pg !!!

I'm hoping for a second wave of energy but I doubt it's coming...have to clean out my boys' closet (it's mildewy...I'm cleaning it out so dh can kill the mildew and seal it).

Dh is home for the next 5 days! So that means no poopy toddler diapers for me!!!! Those have been the worst trigger for vomiting.
    Katie~

Confession: I'm feeling very judgmental of a friend of mine who is pregnant. Her DD is 12/21 but she is getting induced tomorrow morning. To be honest I have no understanding of her reasons behind the induction, whether medical or personal or what. But she's seemed to have a perfectly healthy and normal pregnancy, so why induce, especially a week early?

I feel too like if someone here has going through the same thing I'd be a lot more accepting and supportive of it, so why can't I extend that same kindness to my friend? Ugh, I feel horrible, but I can't shake the judgy feelings either.

I get like that too...been battling it about a situation my sil is in right now. I should actually be so happy for her but it is taking a lot of effort for me not to have very critical thoughts and feelings towards her and the situation.

...I think our hormones get to our thoughts and feelings sometimes making us irrational. It helps me to stay focused on what I know: I'm not a bad person for thinking/feeling this way, I know the person's situation and choices are valid even if my thoughts/feelings are being wonky about it, I don't have to let my thoughts/feelings determine my actions, and I can replace my negative thoughts with positive ones .

Maybe it sounds corny but it works for me

Oh Natalie, it is normal to feel this way. Who scheduled induction? Are they afraid to have a baby during holiday rush? Hope whatever it is your friend and then baby will be fine!

Appt with RN was fine. It was just info gathering of medical history. She was so sweet I think she about fell out of her chair when she asked about family history of cancer I meet with the Nurse Practicioner Wednesday.. don't know what all we'll do, but I'm anxious
    Jessica (34) DH (39) This is a first for both of us

Katie...yaaay, no poopy diapers for a few more days!! I'm looking forward to dh's vacay...it'll just be nice to have him home every day for a week or two (it depends on if his peeps make the needed progress on their project and even then he'll orobably have to work from home a bit)♥

Jessica...so glad your appt last week went well!! Is your NP appt tomorrow or next Wed?

Afm...I am feeling soooo much better about things today! Weekends are harder for me...not much to do to keep my mind occupied . Dh and I finally got some much needed time together which helped tremendously too. We're going on our annual date this weekend to get the kids' stocking stuffers...we rarely go out so I'm super excited about it .

We were supposed to go out for dinner later and my sister called and cancelled because my nephew woke up in a whole mess of vomit. We watched him on Sunday so I hope the girls don't get that especially since Olivia had it last week already.

In other news my friend is loaning my a doppler and I am going to get it from her Thursday! I am so excited!!!

Rach...bummer I'm sorry date night was cancel and praying your girls don't get sick again! I'm so excited for you to be getting a doppler !!!

If tomorrow goes well I'm deleting my FF app (not my entire account, lol, just taking the app off my mobile) and hopefully I will never ever ever *ever* have to reinstall it again !!! I am so over ttc and sooooo ready to be able to completely commit myself to a hh9m (well, more like 8ish months now) .

Speaking of, I am 1m pg as of last Sun (the 15th) !!!

With you ladies announcing at Christmas I've been thinking about how/when to announce and I'm thinking if we have multiples we'll announce on Valentine's. I'll be 14wks and I'd imagine it'll start getting difficult to hide my bump . If we have a singleton I'll play it by ear but it'll probably be closer to 20wks before we announce.

Well I have my appt with the NP today. Glad I'm feeling better from either the bug I caught or food poisoning. I've had a bit of mild cramping today which kinda worries me since I was so sick Monday night . I left work yesterday morning and came home and slept all day. So anxious to get in there today and really anxious to get an u/s scheduled!

Cramps can be from dehydration, so try and be extra on top of drinking. As if I'm the person to lecture anyone on hydration, sigh.

Can't wait to hear about your appt!

I'm stalking this room like crazy b/c I plan on being "back" in here in 2 weeks

Hope ya'll don't mind!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Quote Originally Posted by laurasuzy1981 View Post
    I'm stalking this room like crazy b/c I plan on being "back" in here in 2 weeks

Hope ya'll don't mind!!
    I am totally planning on you being in here...cmon sticky bfp !!!!!!!!