Thread: Thanksgiving (again)

Hybrid View

Default Thanksgiving (again)

I am curious to know and forgive me if I am asking too much of a silly question but, does Thanksgiving hold any religious barrier like Christmas and Easter? I assumed that is just a holiday where the Pilgrims and Indians made a peace offering and celebrated together but, U.S. History wasn't really my strong suite. Does anyone not celebrate in here? I am curious to know everyone's view point on this. We do celebrate and I don't really have a reason not to celebrate. I enjoy the family and togetherness of it all. I am very fortunate to have so many relatives on my dad's side and on James' side that love each other without the drama. We alternate yearly with family visits since the rest of my family lives 4-5 hours away. Most of his is in town or not too far which his parents have everyone over to their place.
    *** Lindsay ***

Thanksgiving is a secular holiday, so we always celebrate it just like the stereotypical family.

It's a bit different now that I live overseas. I've still not found a proper tradition that I've found suitable. I live in England, so celebrating thanksgiving and 4th July always makes me smile to myself.

Last year for thanksgiving we ordered pizza and just chilled at home. This year, I think we are going to go out for ribs and soul food.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeriBrit View Post
    Thanksgiving is a secular holiday, so we always celebrate it just like the stereotypical family.

It's a bit different now that I live overseas. I've still not found a proper tradition that I've found suitable. I live in England, so celebrating thanksgiving and 4th July always makes me smile to myself.

Last year for thanksgiving we ordered pizza and just chilled at home. This year, I think we are going to go out for ribs and soul food.
    That sounds like fun.
    *** Lindsay ***