Thread: Christmas Gifts?

Default Christmas Gifts?

I know, I know...let's get through Halloween and Thanksgiving, right?!

I'm trying to plan a little ahead this year for Christmas gifts, and buy something with each pay. Have any of you thought about what you're going to get your toddler? This seems like the hardest age for me to buy for, and I don't know why.

Honestly she has SO much I don't plan to get her very much. It's much harder with the older kids when they ask for specific things so I am kind of taking advantage of the fact that she doesn't know any better Of course she will get things - especially from her sisters and extended family. As far as from us IDK. She loves Abby from Sesame Street (well it's either Elmo or Abby - she calls them both Abby lol!) so I will probably get her something with Abby on it or an Abby doll or something. I am sure I will find something else I think she will like.....but we are definitely keeping it small.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

(LOVE THIS THREAD!!!)

#2 is due mid-December so we're actually hoping to be DONE shopping by Thanksgiving (also our goal to be completely decorated by then, too).

I try to use holidays and birthdays as a chance to add to our kiddie book library (DS LOVES books!) so I'm planning on getting him "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". We would love to find a toy vacuume and/or lawn mower because DS loves to "help" with the real thing (well, he'd love to help with the lawn mowing but I won't let him go near it while its running). I'd love to get him a play kitchen because he likes to "help" in the kitchen, too, but at 18 months at Christmas, I'm not sure if that's too advanced or not.
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

Macks, that is so cute that she loves Abby. Libby isn't really into any specific characters, maybe Mickie, but definitely not enough that I feel like I can go with any sort of specific toy for her. That makes it tough! She has a lot of hand-me-downs from the boys, too.

Rae, we love books here, too! And good idea with the toys. I'm sure Lucas would love them! The boys got a play kitchen when DS2 was just over a year old, and they both loved it. I def don't think that's too advanced for his age, and it's nice to have him "help" cook while you're cooking, too.

I used to have a little toy house for the boys, but I gave it away (I gave a lot away, lol!), so I was thinking about getting something like this or this. I can't decide between the two. Then I could get her a couple of books, some stacking blocks, and some clothes/jammies and call it a day.

What I really need to find is a toy vacuume! Daddy brings out ours and Luke runs to "help". I am so reminding him of this when he's complaining about doing chores some day

I have been thinking about this. Not sure what to get for her yet. One thing I have been wanting to make for a while is a toddler busy board. Being so pregnant, I'm not sure it will actually happen, but I would love to do something like this, and want to put on a push light and a small xylophone as well.

I just realized this is the 12-18 month room and not the 18-24 month! Ha! Oh well. A busy board would still be a great gift for that age, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    I just realized this is the 12-18 month room and not the 18-24 month! Ha! Oh well. A busy board would still be a great gift for that age, too.
    Haha, no worries! The more, the merrier! I was just going to say, heck, my 4-year-old would love it! He is obsessed with keys and locks...has been since he was like 2. Great idea!

Rae, we have this vacuum and all of the kids love it. DS1 had this one when he was about 2, and it was neat because it sounded/looked more like the adult version. Funny how they love helping mom and dad now...I have a feeling that is going to change one day.

I finished Christmas shopping for my nephew yesterday. We got him a sweatshirt to the school his mom went to, a book about trucks (his obsession) and a car carrier truck with 4 cars included. My mom's rule is 'something you want, something you need, something to wear and something to read' so that's what I'm going with for my niece and nephew - less the something they need since they're both too young to need anything mom and dad aren't providing

We are doing, time willing, a busy board & gear board and a mirror or two for the playroom, a couple books & sleep sacks.
    On their list to family(they like going together for a single, large gift) are soft gym forms, gift cards toward rocking chairs, & a small bounce house. I also put down bath toys and a bunch of beginning Crayola/Tadoodles, art smocks, play phones & toy instruments.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Starbucks here is already all Christmasy. So I am not surprised you are thinking ahead of time!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

I heard my first radio Christmas commercial more than 2 weeks ago, and I've seen one or two tv commercials in the last few days. The stores are definitely starting to deck out earlier. Normally I'm annoyed, but with my goal of being DONE by Thanksgiving weekend (baby is due mid-December), I'm actually appreciating it this year!

Rae, I love your Mom's thinking. And I like that right now, something you wear and something you need are one in the same, lol.

I'm really going to look into the busy boards. I've been eyeballing the one above, and I think I can make one...maybe. Bath toys are also a really great idea.

Hobby Lobby has had their Christmas gear out since the beginning of October. It's insane! But I really love the sparkly lights, so I don't mind too much.