Thread: Potty training?

Default Potty training?

Just curious has anyone started working on it yet? We have not but Olivia comes to me immediately after she poops or wets her diaper and informs me that she has done it. I never pushed Ava to train and waited on her to be ready and just kind of tested her out every few months to see if she was. She trained just a few months before she turned 3 and when she was ready it was an all in ready and she never really had more than 1-2 accidents. I don't really want to push Olivia if she isn't ready but at the same time I keep thinking how nice it would be to have both of them out of diapers and it makes me want to push her a little harder than I did Ava.

We're in the talking about all things potty phase but not actively pt yet . Adam will come tell me he pooped but he's not interested in sitting on the potty (we have a seat for the potty and a little potty but neither appeal to him yet).

I've never been one to push it either. They've all pt in their own time which has been from 18months-3yrs and I've had some who will only rarely have an accident and others it seemed like everytime I turned around they had wet undies !

I'm not in a huge rush with Adam...I'm thinking I'll probably start putting a little effort into it in the spring if he shows some incentive but let it be if he's resistant.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Lily PTed at around 3. We tried earlier and it didn't go well at all. Then I got pregnant and sick, and there was no way I was going to try PTing at that point. I waited until after Carter was born, and it was so easy. She was ready and it just happened. I plan on waiting until all my kids are ready, because I have no desire to make it a battle!

Rachel, Hanna does the same thing that Olivia does. She comes to me when she's wet or poopy. Its not all the time but she doesn't like to be in a soiled diaper. I have no desire to potty train her right now. I just don't feel good enough to do it. I did tell my DH that he could take a few days off work and potty train her if he wanted lol. He didn't go for it. Preston didn't potty train until 3.5. Our pedi told us that average is about 2-2.5 when people start working with it. I probably wont start until after baby comes.

She tells me every single time and loves sitting on the potty but never does anything on it. I tossed out the little potty we had for Ava because it got gross and because I wanted her to learn to use the big potty and she wouldn't while we had the little one. I think I am going to get another little potty and stick it out in the living room like I did with Ava and see how she does with that.

Quote Originally Posted by rachoochoo View Post
    She tells me every single time and loves sitting on the potty but never does anything on it. I tossed out the little potty we had for Ava because it got gross and because I wanted her to learn to use the big potty and she wouldn't while we had the little one. I think I am going to get another little potty and stick it out in the living room like I did with Ava and see how she does with that.
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes! Maybe you will give me the encouragement I need to get Hanna potty trained. Although potty training is such a daunting task I seriously hate doing it.

I know I don't belong in this room since G is 25 months but I'm keeping an eye on this thread. My mom keeps bugging me to work on potty training but I don't even know where to begin. We have a potty and he will sit on it occasionally. He does try to take his diaper off occasionally but other than that I haven't seen any signs that he is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by handsdown View Post
    I know I don't belong in this room since G is 25 months but I'm keeping an eye on this thread. My mom keeps bugging me to work on potty training but I don't even know where to begin. We have a potty and he will sit on it occasionally. He does try to take his diaper off occasionally but other than that I haven't seen any signs that he is ready.
    Most boys are 3 before they potty train. Don't push him. He will do it when he's ready. We tried probably 2-3 times with my DS and he just didn't care. He would pee all over the floor and he always asked to be put back into a diaper. Finally one day it just clicked and there was no going back. He asked for underwear and he made sure he made it to the bathroom every time he needed to go. Once he decided he was ready it was much easier. I was so stressed though thinking that my kid was never going to potty train. He was 3.5yrs.

I hate potty training, I am not even going to try until DS2 is ready. With DS1 his daycare really pushed him being potty trained because they wanted to move him up to Preschool, and it was just such a battle. These people potty trained children every day for years and could not get DS1 potty trained. One day it just clicked and he never even needed a pull up. He just peed once in the potty and that was it... he was just over 3 years old.

So anyway, I figure if the professionals couldn't do it... there's just no way you can until your child is ready.

But there is no harm in trying if both you and child do not get stressed during it hehe.
    .~Becky~.

She told me a little while ago she had to stinky and went running for the bathroom. She sat on the toilet, farted, and then sat there for 20 minutes with me sitting next to her. Not 10 minutes after that she came to me and told me she pooped and then rapid fire after changing her that time she did it again. I guess we aren't there yet.

She told me a little while ago she had to stinky and went running for the bathroom. She sat on the toilet, farted, and then sat there for 20 minutes with me sitting next to her. Not 10 minutes after that she came to me and told me she pooped and then rapid fire after changing her that time she did it again. I guess we aren't there yet.
    She'll get there! I seriously don't want to even start trying with Hanna until after the baby is here. Unless my DH takes time off to do it lol. Which I told him he could haha. He seriously laughed at me what a meany!

LOL, well, that's a start anyway !

As long as they're not running away from the potty screaming in terror it's a step in tbe right direction in my book .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

My DS1 was 2.5 yrs old before he was ready to try and was really done with accidents after about 4 months I believe. I thought it went pretty easy at that age. I'm not ready to really try yet with Nolan and he hasn't shown any signs. I'm hoping he will want to copy what big bro gets to do eventually!
    ~Andrea~