Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Anyone in here?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    3,816

    Default Anyone in here?

    Anyone in here? I know there's more people with babies between 12-18months here somewhere!

    Benjamin just turned 1 last week, on October 2! I can't believe its been a year already. The time is just flying by! He's got his 12 month well baby appointment next week, so I'm not sure on his height or weight. He's doing well though, and is a very happy boy!
    Jennifer


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,852

    Default

    Aw happy birthday!

    I had no idea this room existed lol. DD3 will be 16M on the 28th! I can't believe it. She is such a tough cookie but SO sweet and funny. She is FINALLY sttn but the trade off....she gets up at 5:30am!!! I am assuming this will just work itself out. Honestly I would rather get up in the middle of the night than doing this early wake up. I am no good when I get up before 6. Last night I didn't go to sleep until 1:30 and she cried at 4am but went back and then was up at 5:30 for good. Then I was trying to get her to lay on the couch with me and her head slammed into my lip and gave me a bruised and fat lip! Adding injury to insult!

    I am enjoying this age though. Things can be hard at times but they are SO much easier than when she was an infant. She says many more words than her sisters did at this age. I love watching her interact with them
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

  3. #3

    Default

    Hey! DD turned 16 mos on Saturday. She had her 15 month well check today (a little late, Doc was booked), and she weighs 19lbs on the dot and is 30.5 inches long.

    She is really starting to talk a lot, even stringing a couple of random words together (more cracker), and is quite the firecracker! We visited my nephew last week, who is 5 weeks younger, and he was trying to take every toy that Libby showed interest in. His Mom started to correct him right when DD did the ole tuck and run, lol. I guess being the youngest with two older brothers, she knows how to fend for herself. She absolutely loves to climb everything in site, and is a busy, busy girl!

    Happy Birthday to Benjamin! It seems like once that first birthday comes, they turn into little toddlers overnight.

    I'm glad S is finally STTN. I hope that her wake-up call stretches out a bit. I feel you, though. If my kids sleep in until 6:30, I'm doing a happy dance!




  4. #4

    Default

    My son, Joey, is 16 months. He is just starting to finally walk. At his 15 month visit he was 27 lbs and 30.5 in. He is mimicking anything we do now. He is definitely going at a slower pace than his sister with doing things. I can't complain. He has been an easy going baby since he was born. My kids take after their father and love their sleep. Joe goes to bed at 7:30 and gets up around 8 am.

    Kristy (32), Kirk (39), Jodi (4), Joey (16 months) and our dogs, Oreo and Wiggles

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Hi all!

    My DS is almost 16 1/2 months. Not much for words (other than down and cheese -really random first words!) but he is active, active, active! He was only about 24 pounds at his last appointment but 35" tall! He is definitely a tall lean boy! He's slept through the night since he was 5 or 6 months old, but yeah, 5:30 is the normal wake-up time! DH and I would love to sleep later, but DS wakes up happy and snuggly so we can usually get him to snuggle for another 20-30 minutes in the morning.

    With #2 due in less than 2 months now, I'm hoping a vocabulary explosion is around the corner - he definitely gets frustrated (tantrums) when we don't understand what he wants through his signing and caveman grunting I would too so I can't blame him!
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Thanks ladies! Glad to hear everyone's little ones are doing well!

    Benjamin finally had his 12 month check up yesterday. He's 24.6lbs and 30.5in! No wonder my back has been sore lately, lol! He's doing great physically, but we are still a little concerned with his speech. He doesn't have any words yet, but he does babble. No pointing or waving or clapping, all of which the dr said he should be doing by now. He doesn't do patty cake or anything like that either, just laughs hysterically when we try to do it with him. DH had a speech delay as well, and didn't really start talking until after he'd had some speech therapy at nearly 2 years old. So DS being delayed wasn't entirely unexpected. Pedi said to keep trying to work with him myself and then we'll re-evaluate at 15 months and maybe start therapy then. Otherwise everything else is great! He sleeps through the night (7:30p-7a) and takes a two hour nap every day. He takes a few steps on his own now, and is all over and into everything. Overall, he's an active, happy, easy going (not so) little guy!
    Jennifer


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    14,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sparks3 View Post
    Hey! DD turned 16 mos on Saturday. She had her 15 month well check today (a little late, Doc was booked), and she weighs 19lbs on the dot and is 30.5 inches long.

    She is really starting to talk a lot, even stringing a couple of random words together (more cracker), and is quite the firecracker! We visited my nephew last week, who is 5 weeks younger, and he was trying to take every toy that Libby showed interest in. His Mom started to correct him right when DD did the ole tuck and run, lol. I guess being the youngest with two older brothers, she knows how to fend for herself. She absolutely loves to climb everything in site, and is a busy, busy girl!

    Happy Birthday to Benjamin! It seems like once that first birthday comes, they turn into little toddlers overnight.

    I'm glad S is finally STTN. I hope that her wake-up call stretches out a bit. I feel you, though. If my kids sleep in until 6:30, I'm doing a happy dance!
    Her weight seems great! I think Syd is around 18lbs (she gets on the scale after I weight myself in the morning ). Are you still concerned about her weight?

    I think the 3rds definitely have a sense of fending for themselves. My 4yo can't catch Sydney when she grabs something and runs with it! It's SO funny to watch. I have a firecracker as well lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    Thanks ladies! Glad to hear everyone's little ones are doing well!

    Benjamin finally had his 12 month check up yesterday. He's 24.6lbs and 30.5in! No wonder my back has been sore lately, lol! He's doing great physically, but we are still a little concerned with his speech. He doesn't have any words yet, but he does babble. No pointing or waving or clapping, all of which the dr said he should be doing by now. He doesn't do patty cake or anything like that either, just laughs hysterically when we try to do it with him. DH had a speech delay as well, and didn't really start talking until after he'd had some speech therapy at nearly 2 years old. So DS being delayed wasn't entirely unexpected. Pedi said to keep trying to work with him myself and then we'll re-evaluate at 15 months and maybe start therapy then. Otherwise everything else is great! He sleeps through the night (7:30p-7a) and takes a two hour nap every day. He takes a few steps on his own now, and is all over and into everything. Overall, he's an active, happy, easy going (not so) little guy!
    I am surprised the pedi is that concerned about the speech. I feel like maybe we had 1 word by age one with my older 2 and there wasn't too much concern. And even DD3 was not saying much around her 12M appt and they were not too concerned. Since then she says like 10 words I think? She just exploded! So it can happen fast. She says way more than my others did at this age. It's good to be on top of it though especially if you know DH had a delay.
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    I am surprised the pedi is that concerned about the speech. I feel like maybe we had 1 word by age one with my older 2 and there wasn't too much concern. And even DD3 was not saying much around her 12M appt and they were not too concerned. Since then she says like 10 words I think? She just exploded! So it can happen fast. She says way more than my others did at this age. It's good to be on top of it though especially if you know DH had a delay.
    I'm surprised at the concern in speech, too. DS didn't say his first word until he was 13 months, 2 days (the day after he took his first steps, which just happened to be the 4th of July - ONLY reason I know with such detail his age!). DS never did patty cake either, but he did "so big"... pointing didn't start until a little later either. But its good to be proactive with the family history. Everything I've ready puts pointing and grunting with only a few words as being the "norm" for 15 months so I like your doc's wait-and-see until 15 months approach. Everyone tells me boys tend to be later than girls with speech, too Makes me feel better anyway.

    PS. My mom didn't speak until she was almost 3. Never had speech therepy and she turned out fine, perfectly intelligent in every aspect - except when we disagree of course
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    Her weight seems great! I think Syd is around 18lbs (she gets on the scale after I weight myself in the morning ). Are you still concerned about her weight?

    I think the 3rds definitely have a sense of fending for themselves. My 4yo can't catch Sydney when she grabs something and runs with it! It's SO funny to watch. I have a firecracker as well lol.
    They are so fast, lol!!

    We have a GI appointment on the 23rd, so I'm hoping that it will be our last. She is right on the 3rd percentile line, which is great because she always hovered below it! I am honestly not so concerned about her weight anymore. Really, the only reason why I was concerned at all is because she was small AND she always struggled with eating. But, right around 14 months, she just took off with eating. She had even started some ST because they thought she may have some texture/eating aversions, and she was released from them last week. So, I'm breathing a sigh of relief...finally!!

    I agree with the speech assessment. And they do really just take off overnight. I started stressing out about DS1 when he was nearing his 2nd birthday. But I'm not even kidding, he turned 2 and the next day he never stopped talking!




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    3,816

    Default

    Thanks for the advice ladies! I really do appreciate it, it makes me feel better to hear all of that! I'm honestly not too worried, but I'm glad the pedi is paying attention the fact there may be an issue and is prepared to send us to an SLP if necessary. He does do "so big" but only if I hold his hands (I guess because I always held his hands when I did it with him, lol) and he gives high fives when asked. I guess we will see what happens over the next few months.

    Sparks, I'm so glad to hear that Libby is doing so well!
    Jennifer


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    12,736

    Default

    Hiya!! I haven't logged in here forever!! Alyssa is 16m, no idea about her weight or height, but she must be around 23 pounds (around 11 kg). She's been walking since she turned 1 year and 18 days. Since we are a trilingual family I don't expect her to speak much as her big sis started with full phrases at 23m. She repeats some words, loves to go out, climbs all over but despite occasional frustration tempers she is a very patient child. This allows me to tutor at home and visit people! I'm still breastfeeding her and don't plan to stop till she is 2 (unless sje decides to).
    So good to see updates from mamas who aren't in FB group!
    Miss T (10.17.2008) Miss A(06.30.2012) Flipper #3 due 06.2014
    Follow my blog on Facebook

  12. #12

    Default

    My little Wesley is 14 months now! He just weened and is still not sleeping through the night. He weighs 21 pounds and is 30 inches long. Dr is very please with all he says. He says mama, dada, bye bye, hey, here, high five, zac,Zoe and pepper. Is nt super clear but you can hear it. Hes obviously just immitating. He might need surgery on his foot again. In July he had surgery to separate his big toe and index toe. The skin graph they had to do has not healed the way he his dr wanted it so we might have to go back in and fix it he has 8 teeth. He has been walking since 11 months.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •