Thread: 7 days late...

Default 7 days late...

Im really confused as to whether I could be pregnant or not. My lmp was on Aug. 27th, I believe (could be the 28th, one of those two days). My ovulation period was supposed to be between the 13th & 18th. I believe I did ovulate on the 18th. I had really bad cramping & bloating that day. Since then, I've had almost no symptoms of anything. Just some pain in my breasts & very slight nausea for a week around the time of expected ovulation.
    I was supposed to start a period on the 24th, but nothing yet. I did remove my mirena a week before my lmp. I know it can take a bit for periods to come back after that, but I guess I assumed since I most likely ovulated, I would have my period this month.

How long should I wait to test if it doesn't show? I tested yesterday afternoon, but it was negative.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

If you're pretty sure you ovulated the 18th you would just be coming due for your next period now-unless you typically only have 1 week from ovulation to your period starting? Most women have 12-15 days between ovulation and their next cycle starting.

As for the Mirena-your body can gear up and act like it ovulated even when it hasn't. The Mirena had hormones which your body now doesn't have so it can definitely take time for things to all go back to normal. For many women it doesn't, but it's just as common for it to take 1-6 months after having an IUD removed to go back to any kind of "normal".

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Wait, so okay.. Clear this up for me please. Does it work like you get a period one month from the first day of your lmp or the last day of your lmp? Because if its one month from the first day, then im 3 days late & if its the last day, then im due for it anyday. I have always been confused by this because mine have always been irregular.

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

The day you start bleeding is the first day of your period-how long you bleed/when you stopped bleeding isn't relevant when calculating how long it's been since your last period. When your next one comes is all personal. Doctors assume 28 day cycles. Which means they assume 14 days until ovulation and then 14 days until you start your next period. So using your dates-let's say August 27 as the first day of your last period-you could have expected to ovulate the 9th and start your next period 9/24. But that's textbook. If you're pretty sure you ovulated 9/18 then you most likely wouldn't be expecting your period until today/tomorrow. That's the tricky thing with periods-28 days is a text book assumption but isn't really applicable to most people. Based on when you say you ovulated, you're not late. Based on the first day of your last period being August 27/28, then you would indeed be a week late.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

So its been about a week & still no AF. I'm now starting to feel nauseous throughout the day. I haven't vomited, but I feel very queasy a lot. Sometimes it goes away, & when it does that's when the fatigue kicks in. About 5 days ago, I had cramping in my sides and where my ovaries are. I didn't spot or bleed. Since then I've felt sick & tired. My nips were sore until yesterday as well as my boobs.

midgetlb6 Guest

Test.

October 1st might have been too early to test that happened when I was pregnant with Sophia I tested too early but, then it got to I hadn't had a period for 5 weeks so I went to the doctor and it was a .
    *** Lindsay ***

Any updates? Fingers crossed

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Still no AF, feeling sick daily & every now and then I have a huge sense of exhaustion. I had very very mild cramping today and have been waking up with heartburn the last couple days.
    Last day I tested was Wednesday morning with FMU and I thought it was positive for about 10 seconds and then I didn't see the line anymore, so I don't know what was going on with that. A few hours ago, I was feeling very emotional over something that I would have just blown off normally. I was frustrated, mad and wanted to cry all at the same time.

My hormones are out of wack! lol. I will probably test again tomorrow.
    It should show up now that im 10 days late and have all these signs, right?

I would think so. KUP!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

Tested just now and negative. At least I think it is. I can see a white line where it should say if positive or not. I don't know if that counts as a positive or not. Its hard to see, but I can see it.
    I am starting to wonder what's wrong with me. I know this stuff isn't in my head.

The white line is called an indention line, it's a sign of defective test unfortunately. That's where the test strip is and is not reading correctly. Sorry this is been such a stressful process for you!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

So it could have been a bad test? I've been getting mine from the dollar store.
    I will be testing Friday with a better test. Hopefully it will tell me yes or no once and for all.

Please just go get an FRER. I hate $ store tests.

When I got my mirena out I had weird cycles for the first couple months. I took it out and the next day AF started, then I didn't have another AF for 8 weeks. I remember because my doctor wouldn't see me until 8 weeks and AF visited the day of the appointment. The next cycle it was 6 weeks, then it started to even out. I hope you have a better outcome than I did!!

2/28/13

So update.
    I was supposed to have a cycle at the end of September, didn't happen. I decided to not think about it. & I didn't. I stopped worrying about it and went about my days. Its been two months & still no cycle. My nips are really sore & I have pretty bad cramping & every now and then I have nausea but not that often. Same goes for heartburn. I did test (with a diff test this time) & still negative.

go to the doctor and get a blood test