Thread: Removing urine smell

Hybrid View

Default Removing urine smell

My 3 year old got a bit of urine onto the side of his mattress (new, organic mattress=$$$!)Any ideas how to get the smell out. It's not saturated, just the sheet wicked some urine onto the side of the mattress where it was not covered with a mattress topper.
    Me 38, DH 38, DS 5/28/08, DS 7/6/10

I would try some white vinegar diluted in hot water. Let it soak in a little and then try to sop it up. That is what I have done. I may have mixed some dish soap in there too....not sure why lol.
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I saturate with a vinegar, dishsoap, water, tea tree solution scrubbing the area. Then blot as much as I can to dry and cover the dampness with baking soda. Leave it for as long as possible, until it's as dry as possible and then vacuum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I saturate with a vinegar, dishsoap, water, tea tree solution scrubbing the area. Then blot as much as I can to dry and cover the dampness with baking soda. Leave it for as long as possible, until it's as dry as possible and then vacuum.
    I do the same, but never thought of TTO to add.

I have also used bac-out successfully.

I do the same thing for vomit, too, which unfortunately, I have more experience with.

You can try using baking soda. Just soak the area with water and baking soda then dry it out in the sun. Hope that helps.
    Want to learn more about healthy pregnancy?