Thread: My update....

Default My update....

Not really all that much to update. Have hit the two year mark that we have been officially on the books and waiting. Some friends have helped me work on our dear birth mom letter and all that have read it like it better than our first one. So maybe a not so great letter is the reason nobody in two years has asked to see our portfolio book (which is better than the letter...). I haven't updated the letter yet because we are getting a new family picture done....the picture on the letter is what they see first and from there ask to see portfolios of those that strike something in them. Photos are being done Sept 6th. I thought our photo was good before but it wasn't done professionally and this new one will. And I plan on wearing something brighter...last time I was in navy and DH darker green so it is a bit more dull feeling.

Just turned in all the paperwork. Every year we have to update almost everything. Proof of insurances, background checks, health forms from the doctor (which that we are still waiting on...appts are next month), various forms to renew the foster license, including a very long 15 page checklist most of which doesn't apply at all to us. We are in the domestic infant program but because the baby will be placed with us and not finalized for six months, we have to have a foster license.

My DH is going to be 37 in a few months and wants to drop out if not matched when he's 40. I have agreed to that. After waiting two years (trying for 5 years before starting adoption)...another 3 years of waiting is about all I have in me too. If not matched after five years, I don't think it will be meant to be. Most people I know who have gotten matched through our agency though...are after the two year mark and have seen a number of them this year. So still hope there!

So we just wait and live life in the meantime. Almost got the nursery ready and pulled back again for now. Decided to get an entertainment center and new TV instead. Figure I might as well get things now and try to do things now that we likely will not be doing once we do have a baby.....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I can't imagine the frustration of the long wait. I hope you get matched soon!

Silently stalked your story for awhile... Praying this is your year!!!

Yes, hopefully this will be your year! New picture, new letter and the two-year mark? It's gotta happen! In the meantime, I agree, keep shopping for the fun stuff now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by angmichelle View Post
    Yes, hopefully this will be your year! New picture, new letter and the two-year mark? It's gotta happen! In the meantime, I agree, keep shopping for the fun stuff now ;)
    I agree with all of this!

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    I can't imagine the frustration of the long wait. I hope you get matched soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by angmichelle View Post
    This!!!

!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Sounds like a lot of promising changes/updates and the 2 year mark are good omens for you!!! that this IS THE YEAR!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Met with our social worker yesterday and turned in more forms, the updated letter/picture (which turned out pretty good....especially considering we took with both dogs and getting them to both sit still AND look ahead was an amazing feat!LOL). Also had a new page for our portfolio since added the second dog. Actually two pages since the portfolio has an identical duplicate.

Nice chatting with her...she's going to be on maternity leave Nov-March but has plans for someone to take over.

She just reiterated that she knows waiting is hard and that it's unfortunate when some families wait longer than others but that with patience, everyone gets matched. Just a matter of waiting for the right birth mom to come along and say, now these are the perfect parents for my baby. The agency focus is on the right family for the baby, not just any baby for the family.
    I wasn't really complaining about the wait and am generally pretty good most of the time but I think that she's used to waiting families really having a hard time. I just wish that I had general idea. Next summer, great. Next winter, ok. Just would help so much with planning. I REALLY want to get the nursery ready....but I also don't want to stare at it for another two years. Six months, nine months....that I could handle looking at it. But I also don't want to wait and rush and scramble getting it ready last minute.
    So in other words, I drive my DH crazy. LOL

Jennifer, 35, DH 36