Thread: small gestational sac, low hcg, declining progesterone

Default small gestational sac, low hcg, declining progesterone

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and this is my first forum post. Sorry if I don't know all the abbreviations.

To give a little background, my husband and I have been TTC for a little over a year now and with the help of infertility treatments (our 4th round), we had a successful implantation and subsequently, a positive pregnancy test. According to our IUI date, I'm currently at 6w6d. I had my first U/S at 6w4d and according to the MD, the gestational sac was small and only measured at 5w3d. My HCG was also low at 1142 and progesterone has been dropping from 58.7 to 38.4 then up to 48.0 then a big drop to 13.3. The MD saw a very faint fetal pole. She advised me and my husband that this pregnancy is most likely going to terminate and she's advised me to stop taking the prometrium I've been prescribed. I guess we're waiting for it to terminate on its own.

I am 30 and my husband is also 30. This is our first known pregnancy and we were so excited that after 4 rounds of treatments it finally worked. Now we get the news that it's going to end. Has anyone had this experience? Did your pregnancy terminate or did it continue? I'm trying to be realistic but I want to have hope. Please advise.

Thank you,
    CL

I don't have any answers. I just wanted to say I am so sorry you're dealing with this! I am really hoping for the best for you! I hope you stick around. This is a great place full of great ladies!! We're happy to have you. Please keep us posted on your situation! I'll keep you and your DH in my thoughts!

I have heard stories of doctor's telling their patients that their is no chance, but the pregnancy goes on and they have a healthy baby. I know you want hope, always keep the hope. It can go either way. I pray that your little one makes it.
    Mommy to Lilliana (10/2006) & Summer (10/2011)!

Never had that happen to me. But my advice to you since there are stories out there like Lillismom stated is that I would continue with the permotrine and have a follow up us in 2 weeks to see if there is any furthur development. Then you will know for sure the way it is heading.

I would also advise you to stay on the prometrium, get your hcg levels checked again, and have a 2nd u/s in a week.

hugs:!!! Really praying everything is okay, I'm so sorry things aren't more definite for you right now !!!

Please keep us posted!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Was the doctor able to see a measurable heart beat with the fetal pole?