Thread: Mirena removed...6 days late...am I pregnant??

Smile Mirena removed...6 days late...am I pregnant??

Hi everyone!

This is my first post and I am still getting used to everything!

I had the Mirena IUD for a little over a year. I had regular periods every month, it was just a light flow all throughout the time with Mirena. My husband and I want to have a baby summer of 2014 which is why I took out the Mirena. I had it removed 6-6-13 when I was on my 5th day of my period..I should have ended my period on that day but I continued to spot for 3 more days. I had my period 6-25-13 which was 2 days early. Since then I have not had a period again. I was set to start 7-18-13 and now 6 days later I still have not started my period. I have taken 2 pregnancy test...1 on the 22 when my husband got home from work and the other the morning of the 23rd and both were negative. I asked my OB what she thought, she told me to wait another week to see what happens, and to let things happen naturally.

I am not sure if I should test again with a better test because I used cheap dollar store tests or if I should just wait...I would love to hear your advice!
    Thank you!!!

Its possible to get pregnant with the first month of having the Mirena removed. One mother on here experience pregnancy within 6 weeks post Mirena.

I believe on the site it says it can take up to 3 months for your periods to regulate & become normal again after removal. Maybe this could be one of those irregular months.
    It is possible to be pregnant right after removal, though & you should test in a week to make sure, if you don't get it by then. Good luck