Thread: Kinda sad - havent felt any movement 20 weeks :(

Hybrid View

Default Kinda sad - havent felt any movement 20 weeks :(

Hi everyone!
    So I feel like I'm the only person in the world who hasn't felt the baby move yet by now. I had a checkup two weeks ago and my dr. said I would most likely feel it at 19 weeks, but nope, nada, now its 20 weeks and still nothing. I have felt some pains that weren't round ligament related and were right where the babies heart beat was found on the Doppler so I've wondered if the pains may have been the baby moving? A couple of times it was like a sharp pressure swiping across from left to right along with some mild cramping. Generally I've heard it described as more of a butterfly fluttering feeling or a tickling poke, I've felt neither, therefor I tend to lean a little towards the mild cramping and swiping pressure being the babies movement, but perhaps I'm just desperate to feel it lol. I have my 20 week u/s on Friday in which we will be finding out the gender. I really hope everything is alright! I wish I could have felt the baby by now

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling anything yet. I know how frustrating that can be. It's good that your provider has been finding a strong hb at your appointments though. Just a thought, but if baby's placenta is attached in the front (anterior) it will make it hard to feel movements. My first 2 I felt move very early and was concerned with my next 2 (especially since I already knew what to look for) because they both had anterior placentas. This time I'm back to one that is more "normal" (not that an anterior placenta will hurt anything, just not as typical) so I'm feeling a lot ALL THE TIME. It's actually making me a little crazy because I'm not used to it anymore. Good luck at your US. I'm sure everything will be wonderful.

Blog Entries

With first time pregnancies it does take longer to feel movement usually - it is likely that you might be feeling something already but just don't recognize it. I also have an anterior placenta this time and it wasn't until the baby was much larger that I felt significant movements (with my other two the placenta must have been in the back). I did feel flutters early on, but this will be my third child so I knew what those small movements felt like.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I totally understand what you are going through. I am 20w 3d and have not felt a decisive baby movement. I have had some pains and cramps, but no butterflies or kicks. I feel pressure at times like something pushing on my insides, which I think may be my girl, but I am really not sure. The flutters I have felt have all turned out to be gas.
    My doctor told me that I have an anterior placenta, so I am just assuming it will be a while longer. I am taking this as one of the many things in motherhood that I have no control over and have to accept on the baby's time. (I sound better writing this than living it, FYI!)
    Hang in there - hope we both get some baby movement soon!
    Lily

It wasn't until my u/s at 20 weeks that I was sure I was feeling movement, because I could actually see the baby move on the screen, and realized I could feel it. Looking back at that point I realized I had been feeling baby for a few weeks already and just didn't realize it.
    Jennifer

Hi, I just wanted to tell you I had the same experience! It made me sad and nervous. I was using "feeling the baby kick" as a milestone - a marking point when I would finally feel relaxed and confident that there was a baby inside of me. I had an anterior placenta, which can make it harder to feel baby's movements, but I think she also sleeping most of the time. That's how she was after she was born too, lol.

I was really looking forward to having my husband feel the baby moving, and he only got to feel her once or twice. The first time was when I was 33 weeks along!!

I know it's hard not to compare yourself to other pregnant mommas, but hopefully this will be somewhat reassuring. I also missed out on baby movements, but my baby is perfectly healthy.
    Ariel - 32, Nick - 34

I think it took me that long, or longer, to be sure I was feeling baby move during my first pregnancy.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13