Thread: Guidance

Default Guidance

Hi there, I am in desperate need of some guidance. My last period was on June 14th and I am on a very regular 23 day cycle. I made the mistake of sleeping with my ex on the 24th of June and we were not careful at all and it just so happened to be right before I was due to ovulate. Starting about the 2nd of July I started having bilateral ovarian pain that would occur right after I would finish peeing (sorry for the tmi) and sometimes lingered for a bit. I have been experiencing slight headaches, sore breasts, lower back pain, tiredness, frequent urination, some cramping, a touch of nausea, and moodiness. My July period was supposed to start on the 7th and I have yet to see any signs of it starting. I took a dollar store pregnancy test and it was negative from what I could tell, right at the very beginning of the viewable window appeared to be a second line but it was really barely there (and I avoided popping the test cassette open). When should I try testing again if my period doesn't come? Should I just bypass the hpt and go see a doctor? Has anyone else out there experienced a similar situation and if so what was the outcome?

Thanks for your time.

I would test every 48 hours. A faint line might indicate a pregnancy (if so, the line will get stronger over time) or it might be an evap line due to a faulty test. Honestly, some of your symptoms sound like they might be due to a yeast infection so I wouldn't wait to see the doctor. You can ask for a pg test while you are there but you probably want to clear up that infection.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Hmmm, I have had a yeast infection in the past from a course of antibiotics due to strep throat and have no signs of such a thing happening (ie burning, itching, or icky discharge). I guess I will test again in a couple of days if my period doesn't show up

Sorry, I meant to say UTI, not yeast infection. Either way - pain while peeing is much more likely to be associated with a UTI than it is pregnancy. Frequent peeing and lower back pain could also be a UTI although they could also be early pregnancy symptoms. The rest could be either pregnancy or PMS.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I agree, sounds like a UTI to me, shouldn't be any pain while urinating if pregnant. Same with the frequent urination and lower back pain, I got those alot when I had a UTI, plus the pain you feel cramping and tiredness. I would go see a doc ASAP to get it cleared up. The lower back pain is your kidneys and the cramping is your bladder contracting. I get UTIs a lot, about every 3 months on the dot, without even having sex, it runs in the family and is linked to diabetes. Good luck at the docs!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

I would go ahead and test again. There are UTI test strips that you can get from the store too, I am not sure how effective these are but they do sell them, and you could find out if you have a UTI that way too . If those come out positive be sure to go and see your doc asap... UTI's stink and can get worse without the rig
    DH:29 Me:25 TTC: #1 ;) M/C: 07/2012 <3

Good things come in small packages...