Thread: Pro-life/Moral Vaccination List

Default Pro-life/Moral Vaccination List

This is NOT by any means trying to open a door about is it right to vaccinate or not. My intent was only to provide a list to moms who are pro-life and still want to vaccinate. I felt the Christian room was the safest place to post this. Please let me know if you can't view this...the original website document is

http://www.cogforlife.org/vaccineListOrigFormat.pdf

Brenda

Sakura Guest

I couldn't get it to open and I'm curious what it says. I highly doubt it'll change my mind about vaccinating my kids, though.

ETA: I was able to see it, and I think I've seen it before, floating around the interwebz. I am still pro-life and will still vaccinate my kids on schedule.
    Last edited by Sakura; 06-25-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    I couldn't get it to open and I'm curious what it says. I highly doubt it'll change my mind about vaccinating my kids, though.

ETA: I was able to see it, and I think I've seen it before, floating around the interwebz. I am still pro-life and will still vaccinate my kids on schedule.
    Agreed! I didn't know there was a list out there though thanks for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakura View Post
    Ditto.

2/09 6/09 4/14

I am a rather uneducated person on this. Have vaccines always had these cells? I'm pro-life and now truly unsure about this whole thing after seeing this. Can anyone point me in a place to do some research in very basic terminology?
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Blog Entries

I was aware of this, too, and it makes me so sad. It is important to keep in mind that once the cells were harvested they are good "forever" as long as they receive adequate care. I still think it it awful that cells from any human were used that cost said human their life.

I would love to have alternate vaccines available for these, but there aren't currently. Perhaps there will be some in the future and I will for sure pick them over these.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart

Sakura Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinseed2011 View Post
    I am a rather uneducated person on this. Have vaccines always had these cells? I'm pro-life and now truly unsure about this whole thing after seeing this. Can anyone point me in a place to do some research in very basic terminology?
    Here are a couple of articles I have come across:

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/issu...-some-vaccines

http://www.historyofvaccines.org/con...ne-development

Also, from the website Pants linked to in the OP, a statement from the Vatican (and I think all Christians can apply this): "In any case, there remains a moral duty to continue to fight and to employ every lawful means in order to make life difficult for the pharmaceutical industries which act unscrupulously and unethically. However, the burden of this important battle cannot and must not fall on innocent children and on the health situation of the population - especially with regard to pregnant women." In other words, despite the fact that fetal tissue has been used, we should not therefore endanger the lives of innocent children and pregnant women. http://www.cogforlife.org/vaticanresponse.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JJorn View Post
    I was aware of this, too, and it makes me so sad. It is important to keep in mind that once the cells were harvested they are good "forever" as long as they receive adequate care. I still think it it awful that cells from any human were used that cost said human their life.

I would love to have alternate vaccines available for these, but there aren't currently. Perhaps there will be some in the future and I will for sure pick them over these.
    Agreed. Despite knowing that fetal tissue was used in vaccine manufacture, I still feel morally obligated to vaccinate, to protect my children and my community.

My doctors office has a number of the alternative vaccinations. They regularly use pediarix for the Polio Combination (DTaP + polio+ HiB). It's worth it to ask if you want to vaccinate. At least for now chicken pox and rubella will not have any alternative. There was a prolife company trying to make one but I think they ran out of money. For what it's worth, the moms that don't avaccinate and chose to use the religious exemption for schools can at least consciously have a reason..IMO..

Though I know the cells were harvested years ago...for some people just that they are still being use and are human cells is enough. It's a matter of personal conviction but I know some on here would want to know this info. :-) ...I don't have any issue with either side. Do what's best and research.

Thanks for posting. Its good information for those with this conviction. I do hope and pray that the vaccines using aborted fetal cell lines which have no alternative, will soon.

DH and I have been discussing this for a while. We see both sides.

Thank you all. Much research is needed now for me and DH. And to discuss with our Pedi who is wonderful and does not push the issue.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug