Thread: clothing for a baby born in the summer

Default clothing for a baby born in the summer

My cousin just had her second boy. I need to buy a gift, and I know she needs clothes. If you had a child born in the summer, how did you dress him/her? I know I am going to get some onesies. My boys were born in the fall/winter, so they lived in the one piece PJs. Do summer babies wear those too? Or, should I look more for the one-piece items that are shorts/short sleeves. I am thinking that with a/c, a newborn might be cold in that, but IDK.

same thing. onesies. We used those almost exclusively for the first 6 mos. Maybe longer? I rarely used the legless ones but we did have some that were shorts on the bottom. Just the usual type that you get at target, carters, etc.

(edit, maybe I define onesies differently. To me, it's anything that's one-piece. Basically pjs 24/7.)
    Last edited by ibisgirldc; 06-27-2013 at 04:44 AM.

Lily was born in June and she lived in onsies until autumn. She might appreciate some matching light pants, too, if the baby gets a little chilly with the a/c. For pjs I used the light weight pants and shirts sets. Pretty much anything in the stores right now will be good for summer.

Onesies! I have 2 summer babies and they lived in them. DD3 will be 1 on fri and is still wearing onsies now that its boiling hot here.

Also regular pjs for AC indoors or nighttime.

Thanks! She is a good friend, so I don't just want to get her onesies. I was looking online, and they have SO much available so I just didn't know. I think I'll take a trip to the store tomorrow to see what's out..definitely some onesies, and maybe some pants.

My DS was born in October, but in Hawaii, so its always summer here. In the beginning (and still now, mostly) he lives in short sleeved onesies during the day, and footed cotton sleepers at night. Sometimes I would put cotton sweatpants on over the onesies if its a little cooler, but now that he's older I usually put him in regular shorts to go out. I also love rompers, like the onesies that are shorts on the bottom!
    Jennifer

Onesies, rompers, baby legs is mostly what I use on them now. I use the one piece sleepers mainly at night because we run the AC

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!

Both my kids were born in May in FL. They spent the first few months of their lives almost exclusively in onesies. DS wore them at night with a light cotton sleep sack like this: http://www.albeebaby.com/halo-sleeps...FVJo7AodjQoA5Q He was always hot. DD seemed to get cold a little easier so she usually wore a sleeper with long sleeves and legs. I can probably count on my fingers the occasions when they wore something else.

I think you're good to buy whatever you like. DD was burn mid-June, and she wore everything from long-sleeved sleepers to cute little Summer rompers. Typically, I kept her swaddled or wrapped in a blanket, anyway, when we were inside. Her room is 68-73 irregardless of Seasons.

Cody was born July 18th and it was 98 degree when we came home. He lived in onesis for the first couple of months and when we were in public we put shorts over onesis. It would buy onesis with built in shorts.

http://www.amazon.com/Ralph-Lauren-O...e+baby+clothes
    ds was a mid july baby and besides the onesies that I had him wearing around the house he wore outfits like the one in the link. the day I brought him home it was 101 and was like that for about 2 months after he was born.
    for sleeping I had him in a onesie and if he was too chilly I put him in a swaddle me or a sleep sack.

There are some really awesome one piece cotton outfits that are also sleeveless. Shortalls or something. DD was born 2 years ago and it was pretty hot that first summer and we loved the cotton one piece outfits from carters. For sleeping at night, since we always keep the house the same temp, she has always been in long sleeved, full body PJs. Until now... she picks out gowns and shorts...
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

I've dressed mine in cute little shorts sets and one piece shorty outfits. I'm not into having my cuties lay around in a plain old white onesie all day. They always said at the hospital to dress him however I was dressed, and I'm not sitting around bundled up or in just a t-shirt (ok, well maybe sometimes, lol). After the first week or so, their bodies get pretty good at temperature regulation. I love cute little boy outfits.
    Vicki 39 DH45 SD12 SS9
    DS Hudson Sept 23, 2009!
    DS Trevor July 29, 2012!
    "Fat babies have no pride" - Lyle Lovett

Rompers! I them! They are adorable

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

My kiddos were both Fall babies, but DS now lives in the one piece shorts rompers. I love them and I bought a few for a close friend who is due in August. I also think lightweight sleepers or sleep sacks are good for night time.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

I went to Kohls, and they already had stuff out for the fall!! I got a pack of cute onesies, a couple of one-piece outfits that are shorts, so that he can wear them in public, and then a cute onesie/pant outfit. I loved buying these baby clothes!!

My son lived in one piece outfits in the summer. so I would get her onsies, and rompers...

*Kimberly* Mommy to Hayden (7), Alexis (5), Makenzie & Brooke (18m)!
    Looking for some bows for your little one? check us out --> www.sweetnsassycouture.com