Thread: How long did it take you to get pregnant?

Default How long did it take you to get pregnant?

With previous pregnancies? And is it normal to ttc for a short period and get pregnant quickly one pregnancy and then it takes a lot longer ttc another pregnancy? I'm curious because this is our 7th mo ttc and I didn't expect it to take this long. I was very fortunate to get pregnant quickly with all three of my other children, so I guess I assumed that would happen this time, too. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with me or DH. I also read some stats yesterday that kind of got me down, that 50 or 60% of couples get preg in the first three months trying, and 80% or so do within six months. It is not working out that way for us. Either way, we have decided that we will not pursue any kind of testing or intervention and that if we don't get pregnant on our own, it's not meant to be. Just a personal decision since we already have three amazing, healthy children. Just wanted to hear some other experiences though. Thanks!
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

And 90+% within 12 months!

The timing of things is so mysterious to us, it is easy to get down about it. Maybe there will be something really special to the timing of your 4th and you won't realize it until later!

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

It was exactly 2 years with our first. I got pregnant with her on the 3rd round of clomid. When she was only 5 months old I had a surprise pregnancy from my first pp cycle that ended in miscarriage. We never really officially began TTC when we got pregnant with our second baby. I started tracking my cycle the month before she was conceived and thought I had already ovulated. We were really on NPP at that point. This time around I have been off BCP since November but was nursing my baby and didn't start having cycles again until Feb. So Nov-Feb we were just NPP and started TTC in Feb. This is my 4th cycle of really trying.

And we are at least for now in the same boat as far as not pursing any testing since we already have children. It's not something we have really discussed much but beyond taking clomid I don't know that we are really willing to take any further steps.

This is the longest we have ttc...we have *always* gotten pg easily even if I was bfing when I ovulated. We started ttc in Jan with my first pp O. I got pg in March so I o-ed 3x before getting pg but obviously my issue is staying pg. Either way, it did take longer to get pg but still not very long.

At this point if we just weren't getting pg we would definitely forgo testing too .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Me...I am still trying....but at least I know why it has been taking me so long....(been actively trying since Oct 2011).....

It took us 18 months to conceive DS, and he was conceived on our 6th Clomid cycle and second IUI. Last summer, we started TTCing without medical assistance and we got PG on our first cycle trying. I O'd late (>CD40) but we got our BFP. Sadly, that pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage, and we later found out the baby had Trisomy 22. Had a D&C and gave my body time to recover, so didn't start trying again until Feb 2013. We are on our 4th IUI and just added injectibles to the Clomid for the first time. Hopefully 4th time is the charm!!!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I got pregnant in April on our 1st try. Sadly that ended in miscarriage at 9 weeks. Once my period comes back we will be TTC asap. Hopefully we will be able to conceive again quickly.
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Thanks everyone! It's good to hear other people's experiences and that sometimes it takes awhile and sometimes it's quick, even for the same person. As some of you know, I started out in this process feeling really positive; lately I've been feeling more discouraged, but I'm trying to get my hopes up again. I think it's silly of me to assume that just because it hasn't been as easy/quick this time means it's not going to happen. After all, I am older for one. Two, if I think back and am honest with myself, I don't think we were timing BD right each month. I think we were BDing too early and missing O time some months. Plus one month didn't count for ttc because I was out of town at exactly the wrong time for a week. I feel like I am so up and down with my attitude, and I am just ready for this to happen!

Geneari-I agree with you about timing! I am a big believer in having faith in God's plan. It's just frustrating when His plan doesn't align with mine! I'm sure there is a reason for if/when this pg will happen. I was actually just talking to my hubs about this the other day. A lot of the big deal stuff that has happened in the last few years all worked out so well in the end. It's easy to look back on it and say, "Yay! It all worked out and I'm glad I had faith!" It's so much harder to be patient and believe WHILE you are going through it, though!
    DD 1 (6), DD2 (4), DS (2), MC 7/13

We've been trying for 10 months with two chemicals. We did go through fertility testing because of our age and everything checks out other than this polyp I'm having removed tomorrow. Out of 4 obgyn's (due to insurance changes), 3 say our problem is stress and 1 says it's the polyp. So I guess I'll find out in a few months. Good luck!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

We got pregnant with our first after 3 months. This has taken 12+ months. Our tests checked out. I think it is is stress and it wasn't the right time. So many things in our lives are going better that I'm feeling much more hopeful.

First pregnancy was an accident but first cycle we DTD unprotected at O time.

This time it took 3 cycles.
    Karen (28), DF (28), DD (3), DS (2 months)

Beanpop's Fluffy Butt Diapers *GRAND RE-OPENING 3/13*