Thread: Birth Day

Default Birth Day

I lost my son, John, in January at 16 weeks gestation. After attending many supprt groups I thought I had a good handle on my miscarriage. However, as his anticipated "Birth Date" approaches I am becoming so sad and anxious. No friends or family have remembered this special day. I am desperately trying to find a way to commemorate his day. Any suggestions out there?

I haven't had the same experience as you, and I'm so sorry for your loss, but someone close to me went through something similar. I called her on the expected birth date because I wanted her to know I remembered. You could maybe plant a tree, or dedicate a park bench or something like that, or maybe just gather close friends and family for dinner. I'm not very good with ideas, but hopefully something will feel right. I've had 2 early miscarriages, but I still remember my due date and got sad when the first one came and went (second isn't until later this year). No one seemed to realize, but only close family knew when we were actually due anyway. I hope the right works out for you...

8/2012 4/2013

I am so very sorry for your loss. After my first miscarriage my good friend took my shopping at a plant nursery. I bought a peony to commemorate the baby who I lost. While I have no green thumb, it has survived and reminds me of that sweet life. Also this same friend bought me a wall vase to remember as well. (small, almost like a peice of art). I will put a single flower in there from time to time. I love having both of these around. It feels like a nice hug. Many hugs!

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (5) Isabe11e (4) and C0rbin (3) Vio1et (16 months)