Thread: Warm sleeping clothes for infants

Default Warm sleeping clothes for infants

I'll be giving birth in early January and it gets pretty cold (for me) here. Okay, so it's not REALLY cold, but for us Hawaiians, 50 degrees is FREEZING My house isn't insulated either so it gets a lot colder in the house. Can anyone recommend good warm sleepwear for infants? During the cold season, I put my daughter in two PJs because since we are in Hawaii, we don't really have warm PJs. Infants obviously can't control their temperature so I'm looking for something warm for her. Ideas?
    Autumn (me) Darren () Naheana () Mahikoa () La'i () & Mana'o ()

Footed onesis are life savers! They have them able in a cotton material and also- a more of a fleece material. Like these : http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gerber-Sle...-Pack/20563502 http://www.walmart.com/ip/Gerber-Sle...ndingMethod=rr

I would order things online so you can order from different parts of the country.
    Last edited by hotpinkmomma0811; 06-19-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Blanket sleepers -- they're the same as the footed one-piece sleepers, but made of thicker material for winter. Or something like this http://www.carters.com/carters/Micro...nd-play&start=.

Edit to add: I tried to find exactly what I'm talking about, but being that it's just the start of summer, I couldn't find any. Remind me in a couple of months and I'm sure I can find them for you on Wal-Mart's or Target's website.
    Last edited by LanceBabe; 06-19-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Footed pjs are great. We also use sleep sacks, which go over pjs and are a safe alternative to blankets. Ours were given to us, so not sure a good place to buy them, but they look like this.
    https://www.halosleep.com/products/r...category_id=10

Also, if you plan on swaddling, that site has swaddle sacks, also, which swaddle baby over their arms and have a sack on the bottom for their feet.

Totsy has a nice sale right now on sleep sacks and such. You have to register to view, it is here: http://www.totsy.com/sales/infant-sl...cks-10031.html I'm not sure they ship to Hawaii, but it's worth checking out.

We used the halo sleep sacks too. They worked really well for my son. I bought them at babiesrus

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Halo sleep sacks are great. I got them in fleece, and you can put a layer of warm pajamas under them, or just a long sleeved shirt and a diaper, or as much or as little as you want. They're remarkably easy to change a baby in (just one zip, and no messing around with trying to move legs in and out of garments), and in later days they will actually prolong the time it takes your baby to try to climb out of a crib. They are a tad pricy and don't tend to go on sale, so I usually got them used from local moms groups.

Thank you all so much!!

Autumn, I'm in Hawaii too, and my son was born in October. I (still) put him in a footie sleeper and then wrap him in a aden + anais muslin blanket. He's never been cold during the night.
    Jennifer

Jennifer, are you on Oahu?

My kids slept in the cotton sleepers inside a Halo Sleep Sack. On warmer nights, I would just put them in a long sleeved onesie inside the sleep sack. I had October and November births so we needed warm sleeping clothes for both.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Quote Originally Posted by wannabmomof3 View Post
    Jennifer, are you on Oahu?
    Yep! My DH is in the Navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor.
    Jennifer

Just wondering are you hoping for another girl with your siggy being pink?

Quote Originally Posted by Adhafera View Post
    Yep! My DH is in the Navy, stationed at Pearl Harbor.
    Awesome Just asking because I'm in Mountain View on the Big Island and its about 20 degrees cooler here at night than Oahu. It was a welcomed change when we moved! Especially living in Oahu our whole life Regular jammies, even footed onesies still leave my kiddies cold at night.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    Just wondering are you hoping for another girl with your siggy being pink?
    I'm fine with either, but I'm really thinking it's a girl. My appetite is the same as it was with my girls Nice n light like salads, sandwiches, fruits n veggies. With DS, I wanted steak for breakfast, pork chops for lunch, cheeseburger and fries for a snack, then prime rib n potatoes for dinner haha.

I also have ALL my girl stuff from DD2 so I'd love the savings $$$

Ahh, ok. That makes sense then, I've heard it gets cooler at night there. I'd love to go to the Big Island sometime.
    Jennifer

Quote Originally Posted by wannabmomof3 View Post
    I'm fine with either, but I'm really thinking it's a girl. My appetite is the same as it was with my girls Nice n light like salads, sandwiches, fruits n veggies. With DS, I wanted steak for breakfast, pork chops for lunch, cheeseburger and fries for a snack, then prime rib n potatoes for dinner haha.
    Oh my gosh this was me when I pregnant too. Cody I craved McDonalds and burgers all the time. I was huge with him. With Sophia I wanted healthier stuff.