Thread: hanna andersson

Default hanna andersson

Does anyone shop Hanna Andersson for your kids? I just recently placed an order during the summer sale and I was blown away by the quality. Does anyone know if the play/day dresses and leggings are just as nice?
    Lindsay, DH - Matt and 2DDs

I used to get their catalog before we moved but never ordered from them...looooove their style!!!! Time to update my address with them
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I shop them all the time. The leggings are the absolute best ever. Very thick and well made. The dresses are fantastic and I love that as your kids grow you can use the dress as a tunic with leggings or shorts. I have bought their swimsuits and again, theyre wonderful. If you need a good pair of slippers theirs are the absolute best. You should google for an oulet near you. I have found their pjs for as cheap as $5 each in the outlet. Theres one near my in-laws and I always stop there when we visit. You cant go wrong with the brand. Fyi- I would order a size bigger. The pants tend to be perfect for my girls and they grow so fast.

I have only bought second hand, as they are out of our budget but no question that the quality is above any other clothing I have ever bought for my kids.

Their quality is awesome. Most if DD's Hannah clothes are hand me downs. She is the third to get them and they are all still in great condition. They are definitely pricy, but they have a huge sale twice a year, and they tend to have more sales these days than they used to.

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

I get the catalog and drool over the dresses, especially the fall/winter ones. Haven't ordered one yet, but I'm planning to get Alice something from there this fall.

2/09 6/09 4/14

I agree, their quality is great and lasts forever. Our dresses are secondhand too and you'd never know. I don't love their colors over the last year or so -- not a huge fan of the lime/teal/hot pink color scheme. But there's a lot to choose from. If we'd be using them for more than one kid, I'd buy there more frequently.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

LOVE them. Love them. My girls still wear dresses and leggings from THREE years ago! The leggings don't wear through the knees at all. I cut them off to be bicycle shorts for this summer since they've gotten too short but not too tight. And the dresses are awesome for tunic tops now that they're too short to be dresses. They're such a great quality knit and do NOT stain easy. Scharae is such a messy eater and she spilled grape juice on her dress the first time she wore it. I was so sad-it was a birthday gift from her aunt. To my surprise it all came right out without any extra effort on my part. So has every other thing she's spilled on it, grass marks, etc.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by SarahBaby1 View Post
    I shop them all the time. The leggings are the absolute best ever. Very thick and well made. The dresses are fantastic and I love that as your kids grow you can use the dress as a tunic with leggings or shorts. I have bought their swimsuits and again, theyre wonderful. If you need a good pair of slippers theirs are the absolute best. You should google for an oulet near you. I have found their pjs for as cheap as $5 each in the outlet. Theres one near my in-laws and I always stop there when we visit. You cant go wrong with the brand. Fyi- I would order a size bigger. The pants tend to be perfect for my girls and they grow so fast.
    No outlet anywhere near us. but I did get a coupon for 20% off a future purchase in my most recent order, so that helps a bit. I definitely have them on our list now for the dresses and leggings come fall.

Beautiful clothes, but quite spendy, even on sale, IMO. I think that the clothes make sense if you have more than one child who'd be using them, but not so much if you're going through a change of wardrobe every six months. But then, I am CHEAP, and generally don't spend more than 5 bucks per piece of clothing (or even sets).

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

I buy mine at Costco-2 packs of leggings for $15 and the dresses are usually about $12 each. But I don't mind paying a bit more for my clothes because they're going to be worn to death by both my girls.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    Beautiful clothes, but quite spendy, even on sale, IMO. I think that the clothes make sense if you have more than one child who'd be using them, but not so much if you're going through a change of wardrobe every six months. But then, I am CHEAP, and generally don't spend more than 5 bucks per piece of clothing (or even sets).
    Same here! I have found pieces at goodwill before and keep my eye out for them. Have also bought some off craigslist. I bought a lot of 8 jammies for Sawyer for $30 not to long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    I buy mine at Costco-2 packs of leggings for $15 and the dresses are usually about $12 each. But I don't mind paying a bit more for my clothes because they're going to be worn to death by both my girls.
    Good to know! We are getting a Costco next year! I'll be on the lookout for sure.

I'm glad you posted this! I get their catalog in the mail but have never ordered. I'll def pay more attention next time!

midgetlb6 Guest

Just found an outlet near my house 3 miles away, I called and they just opened in march excited to check it out now

Just so you know, you can call the outlets, order over the phone, and have someone pick them up for you. Just in case theres one near a family member that could ship them cheap. Ive done it several times when they have their big pj sale.

Yup. I've ordered some NWT and some used on ebay. They still look brand new! I wish I could afford to get brand new sets from the site! I only have the play dresses.

[/CENTER]

I buy them for my girls, dresses, leggings, summer stuff the works. Quality is fantastic. Cannot go wrong with dresses . The ONLY complaint I have is the pants/ leggings are not for thin girls IMO. Both my girls are very slim with narrow hips/ thighs and they absolutely cannot wear the sweatpants (total waste of money they fall right off) and the leggings are baggy. So thats the only thing I'd point out. Baby clothes, the leggings are also very baggy.

midgetlb6 Guest

Omg I killed it at the outlet lol 200 dollars later, bought shirts , capri's jeans, cotton stretch kinds, bathing suits, swim short, hat's tops, and I even found myself 2 tops super soft , loved it oh they tutu's for 10 bucks, the Capri jeans were a little pricey but for my skinny gal they were perfect n worth it . The sizing is different but I know that a 90 is a 4t and 100 is like a size 5. We stuck with a 90, the 100 in jeans leggings were a perfect length fit but to baggy on the waist even with the straps adjusted over all I loved shopping there .

FYI - I got an email today that their regular store big sale (happens 2x a year) started

Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

Quote Originally Posted by midgetlb6 View Post
    The sizing is different but I know that a 90 is a 4t and 100 is like a size 5.

80 is like a 2t. 90 is more of a 2/3 from what I've seen. And I thought I read that 100 was basically a 3-5, which is a huge stretch. I guess I don't really know. I just know my 2 year old is in an 80 great right now, but I have 90's that have room to grow but not all that big on her?

[/CENTER]

Yup. Caroline is an 80 also. I have some 90 pjs stockpiled for when she grows a bit. Those are more 3-4t.

I bought 110 for Olivia for next year which is a 4-6 US size. They are big on her so next year I think they will be a perfect fit. I bought 100 which is 3-5 for Lauren, and again, big right now but I think will be a good fit next year. I read that the best way to size them is to go by height, so that is what I did.

midgetlb6 Guest

Well my 4 year old is a rail, the 100 were perfect in length but were baggy n big around the waist, they have the adjustable around the waist but it was still to big ( jeans) the 90 was perfect around the waist but to short the shorts n capris were perfect. All her summer clothes are a 4 T so judging by the way the 90's fit I figure they are more a 4T, but yes their charts showed 100 for ages 3-5. There are some big 3/4 year olds out there but mine is on the skinny side with long legs. I need more like a 5 slim lol the tops were all size 90 perfect fit with a little room to grow. I loved the material of the jeans tho super soft, not stiff and rough. So worth the money

For people confused about the sizing. . . it means the kids height in centimetres. Obviously it won't always be perfect, because some kids have long legs, others have long bodies etc., but that is the idea .

(And just for an example: My DS is 2, is 3'1" which is 94cm, and wears a size 2 pants and a size 3 top usually).

Ali, DH, Søren (4/2011) and a little one due in September.

I just bought a HA skirt from Goodwill for $1.99...woot!!

Dd is 6yrs ~115cm (45.5in) and very slender (not quite 40lbs). The skirt size is 140...I pinned it and it fits great! It comes just below her knees so she'll probably wear it for years .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Just wanted to thank the OP and ducks like rain too. I had no idea they sold these clothes at costco until I read this thread. By coincidence I was there today and picked up three dresses that were just under $10 each. wow
    Last edited by glwygrl; 07-01-2013 at 07:57 PM.