Thread: Update...

Default Update...

They want me to come back in a week for another beta (not a big shock there) !! Apparently my beta didn't go up enough ?? I was under the impression my levels should consistently drop and if they don't that means the mtx did not dissolve everything. For 2wks my beta has gone up...even if they go down next week we still run the risk of them going up again at some point...how long do we keep doing this ???

They wanted to run a test called a heterophile antibody test but after reading up on it I'm not having it done...if that was causing my elevated hcg my urine hpts would be negative which isn't the case (the antibodies do not register + on urine tests). They are grasping at straws .

I talked with the nurse and she's going to have the dr call me since she couldn't answer any of my questions.

So now I wait on the call from the dr...maybe he can offer some clarity.

So frustrated...
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

20 betas as of yesterday . I had the injections on May 16th...they said it would probably take 2-3wks for my beta to drop completely but occasionally it can take up to a month...that was 10wks ago (2.5months). I got my first + pg test April 9th...almost 4months ago and I started bleeding the next day. I've bled or spotted all but 23 days out of the last 105. I'd be 19wks on Saturday.

Just to sum it up...

The "how many weeks I'd be" piece makes me so sad. I stopped counting/realizing around the 19/20 week time frame. I'm so glad that has left me.

Unfortunately with weekly betas, you really aren't give enough peace to stop thinking about it.

I'm so sorry!

Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I'm so sorry, Kelly. Hugs! I'd be raising the white flag too. You poor thing.

So sorry

Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!!!
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Goodness I'm so sorry Kelly praying things will be over with soon I can't imagine how hard it must be my heart hurts for you

Thank you ladies !!!

The resident dr called. Apparently, he hesitates to make a decision regarding the mtx because the primary dr has been gone the last 2wks and he would like to consult with him before consenting to another round of injections. The primary will be back after the 1st of Aug. In the meantime I go for my beta Wednesday and the office is calling tomorrow to set up a hysteroscopy which probably won't be until late next week or early the following week.

I'm going to call to see if I can switch my b/w day to Monday since I'm already in town so hopefully I'll only have to wait 4 more days this time.

Thinking of you Kelly! I just want you to be able to move forward... Big hugs!!!

I hope this is over for you soon.
    Mariah (35) and DH (40) BFP 8/12/13! Baby Kayla is here! Praying for all the APA girls .

Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012

I'm new here but my heart truly goes out to you.

One of the few things in life you DON'T want to drag out. This just sucks. I'm sorry. I hope they are able to get things in hand soon.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

I am so sorry. I sure hope the Dr. will have a great plan for you.

*Hugs* hoping you can move on soon...so sorry....