Thread: Mirena removed...possibly pregnant??

Default Mirena removed...possibly pregnant??

I had the Mirena IUD for a little over a year. I had regular periods every month, it was just a light flow all throughout the time with Mirena. My husband and I want to have a baby summer of 2014 which is why I took out the Mirena. I had it removed 6-6-13 when I was on my 5th day of my period..I should have ended my period on that day but I continued to spot for 3 more days. I had my period 6-25-13 which was 2 days early. Since then I have not had a period again. I was set to start 7-18-13 and now 6 days later I still have not started my period. I have taken 2 pregnancy test...1 on the 22 when my husband got home from work and the other the morning of the 23rd and both were negative. I asked my OB what she thought, she told me to wait another week to see what happens, and to let things happen naturally.

I am not sure if I should test again with a better test because I used cheap dollar store tests or if I should just wait...I would love to hear your advice!
    Thank you!!!

Dollar store test are actually pretty good. When I had my mirena taken out in Dec I had a light period immediately and then it's been very regular even since then. I think the suggestion to wait is not a bad idea, you may still be adjusting or you may not have a clear idea of how long your un-maintained (for lack of a better word) cycles are going to be.

As with all ladies new to ttc I highly recommend charting, there are many free programs out there, we like fertility friend here and would be happy to answer questions about it.

I hope your ttc journey is short and sweet, please join us

Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

...great to have you here!

Quote Originally Posted by Geneari View Post
    Dollar store test are actually pretty good. When I had my mirena taken out in Dec I had a light period immediately and then it's been very regular even since then. I think the suggestion to wait is not a bad idea, you may still be adjusting or you may not have a clear idea of how long your un-maintained (for lack of a better word) cycles are going to be.

As with all ladies new to ttc I highly recommend charting, there are many free programs out there, we like fertility friend here and would be happy to answer questions about it.

I hope your ttc journey is short and sweet, please join us

^^^ Ita

I think giving it time and charting is great advice !
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels