Thread: Mama Cloth?

Default Mama Cloth?

Talk to me about Mama cloth. I am debating making the switch. Positives? Negatives? Where do you order from. Also, I am thinking of all natural tampons. Do they work? I just don't think the Diva cup is for me.

I have recently tried sea sponges and while I like them better than regular tampons I am not completely sold yet. As far as mam cloth my favorite kind is http://www.abbyslane.com/Pink-Daisy-...ack_p_690.html as it has a stay dry feel to it. (Sorry that I didn't see this earlier).

I use it & love it. I physically feel better since making the switch. I use the pads from Here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MotherMoonPads
    I really like tha Wahm behind the store.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Quote Originally Posted by As Is View Post
    I use it & love it. I physically feel better since making the switch. I use the pads from Here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MotherMoonPads
    I really like tha Wahm behind the store.
    I also love her, and her products! Half of my stash is MMP

Mama cloth is so much healthier for you. I've been using it since DS2 was born about 2.5 years ago. My periods are lighter and less painful since using them. Disposable pads and tampons draw the moisture and everything out, whereas mama cloth just collects it, which makes things just more comfortable. There is no smell like there is with disposables because there are no chemicals.

Pink Lemonade is a popular WAHM on etsy who makes mama cloth. I have not tried her stuff, but would like to.

I also have some homestead emporium that I really like, too.

I use them and love them. My whole life I had major itching and irritation during and after my cycle which untreated as yeast infections. Since making the switch to cloth, not once has this occurred. Looking back, I wonder if I was reacting to the tampons.

I tried some for a while but didn't like how they slipped up and down....the wings just didn't help them stay put like adhesive does. But I also don't have any pain or itching from disposable pads.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Stopping in... I need some help convincing James that they aren't as gross as he thinks (which I do 90% of the laundry anyways). Do they end up being cheaper than pads in the long run? Are there any starter kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    I use them and love them. My whole life I had major itching and irritation during and after my cycle which untreated as yeast infections. Since making the switch to cloth, not once has this occurred. Looking back, I wonder if I was reacting to the tampons.
    I think it could be the PH balance being off. That's why I am considering them too.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2CodySophia0811 View Post
    Stopping in... I need some help convincing James that they aren't as gross as he thinks (which I do 90% of the laundry anyways). Do they end up being cheaper than pads in the long run? Are there any starter kits?
    They are definitely cheaper in the long run! I have not purchased a package of disposable pads or tampons in 3 years. There are starter sets available.

I loved using mama cloth, but switched birth control so that I only have a period 4X per month and with my fitness activities mama cloth just wasn't working for me any longer. I had to go back to tampons or risk embarrassing myself on a deadlift