Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ivf!?

Default Ivf!?

I just jumped into IVF from an IUI cycle. My left tube is blocked and I got 3 follies 23.2mm, 22.3mm, 18.75mm on my left which was no good for an IUI with an 80% blockage, my right side has a 10mm on it. So we jumped to IVF last night and triggered at 11pm and go in for ER Wednesday at 11am. What should I expect? Do we even have a chance with my follies? Can they use that 10mm follie or any other that are 10mm or higher? So much flying through my head right now I just hope I am not hurt too bad when this doesn't work!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Yes you do have a chance! People do mini ivf, which is normally with oral meds and develop about 2-3 follicles.

They will drain all he follicles they can, but chances are the eggs from the 10mm follicles worn be mature. But they will continue to grow a little, so who knows?!

And GL!!! I am cheering you on!!!

So excited for you Cait!!! I can't wait to stalk your process! I just have a feeling that this is it for you!! Yay.

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

Thanks Ladies! Did the last minute stuff with my insurance company and found out that I have the $50,000 lifetime coverage for Fertility Treatments but medications are excluded and covered under my usual medications 'fund' so does not affect the $50,000! Called RE and mentioned this to them and they said a normal IVF cycle with them including all monitoring and the procedures is around $5300 but the does not include medications,which is fine. So that's like 9.5 cycles minus everything that's been done so far it's safe to say we get 7-8 IVF cycles for our lifetime!! I was pretty excited so sacrificing one now isn't too bad, I thought IVF was around $10,000 so that's what worried me the most.

Liz - I looked up mini IVF's and that's pretty much what I am doing! So excited that you mentioned that! Makes me feel so much more hopeful! Oh and we would be 2-3wks apart for our DD's!! DD Buddies!!

I go in tomorrow, we plan to get there at 9:30, everything starts around 10:15 and by 11 I will be under anesthesia and within a few hours I will be done! Then then they call every morning to let me know how my little embies are doing and we pray real hard that atleast 2 get returned to me!! I don't think we would do all 3 tho because I am sorta worried about triplets but we will see what happens!

03/22/13

This is so exciting!! Praying your little embies grow and grow. And congrats on discovering your excellent insurance coverage! Sending you lots of

Cait, that is so exciting!! I have no insurance coverage (like many ladies) so that is great news!!! We have to take out loans for our procedures and only get one shot! Great for you though!! I really think you will have success!!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32

GL tomorrow!!!

I will definitely be sending you some good egg retrieval vibes!!!!!

Good luck tomorrow Cait!!! I hope everything goes smoothly and they get as many good eggies as possibly, but one really great one is all you need

We're rooting for you!

Mel (39) DH (37) Finally, a baby boy after 12 months of TTC!
    April 2013 http://www.saferpills.org/

Good luck!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

This is so exciting! Yes, you are basically doing a mini IVF, and you do have a great chance with 3 mature follicles...it only takes one! I had 6 follicles aspirated/eggs retrieved, and had absolutely no issues afterward-no pain, no bleeding, no cramping-I felt great! You'll do just fine with 3 follicles. You are so lucky to have the IVF coverage, that must take a lot of the stress out of this process.

I am very, very excited for you, hopefully this turn of events will bring you your BFP!!!

Thank you Erica! I am praying and hoping so bad for this to work! I just worry they will find nothing in those follicles, that'd be my luck! Yikes! I am so nervous already!!

03/22/13

I just wanted to say GL tomorrow again! I am looking forward to being dd buddies with my cycle buddy! ;)

We will be thinking of you tomorrow! I really have good vibes about this cycle!! You will be our inspiration soon! GL!!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32

Just wanted to wish you good luck one more time. Hope er goes well!!

Good Luck!!

2/28/13

Just an update...... An excited update I must add!!!!

They got 5, yes FIVE, eggs!!! EEEEKKKK!!!!!!!! We were pleasantly surprised when the embryologist came in and said 5 eggies! We find out tomorrow how many are fertilized and how they are doing! We go back on Saturday for the ET!

Grow Eggies, Grow!!
    Last edited by coelh102; 06-19-2013 at 01:21 PM.

03/22/13

What an amazing surprise!!! Congratulations!!! Grow embies, grow!! You can do it! How are you feeling?

I am okay Mama, Little crampy but weaker than period cramps, no spotting but she said I may have some. I was groggy for about 2-3hrs but now I feel fine but a little tired so I'm going to take a nap but we were able to run to wal mart and eat a chicken salad about 30mins after waking up. It was very easy and quick recovery, definatly needed the day off from work but it was a quick and easy procedure.

03/22/13

what a wonderful surprise!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!! I can't wait to hear your awesome fert report tomorrow!!!!

Forgot to add that we had ICSI and Assisted Hatching done! So we did everything we could to get the best chances possible! Beta is 7/2 so hoping for a great 4th of July!

03/22/13

Wonderful news!!! We did AH and a 3dt too...can't wait to hear about your great fert report tomorrow!

Hoping for wonderful news for you today cait!

YIKES!! RE called.... 2 are looking fantastic, one is behind but they think it's going to catch up and they want me in tomorrow for a day 2 transfer at 11am!! WAAHOOOOO!!!!!

03/22/13

That is awesome!!!! Congratulations!!! woohoo!!!!

Yaaaay!!! How exciting, Cait!! Grow, embies, grow!!! Good luck tomorrow!!

Sooo exciting!!
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

that's awesome! Congrats! How awesome that you have such amazing IF coverage as well. What a blessing that I wish everyone had access to.

Wooohoooo !!!!!!

Cmon little embies...keep growing !!!

Praying for a perfect ET tomorrow ...so exciting!!!

July 2nd is my dd's bday...great day for a bfp !!!!

So exciting!!! Hope this is it for you!!!
    Jen (34), DH (36), DS (3), Baby #2 EDD 10/21/14

Lost a loved baby 9/2012