Thread: day 42 of cycle

Default day 42 of cycle

Never has my cycle been this long and still no signs of AF showing either. I have taken a test everyday and see a very faint line but nothing to get my hopes up about because it sure don't get any darker than the day before. I know I ovulated between 21-29 of cycle but not sure when. But I would think by now it would show clear on pg test. So nurse has ordered blood test today to get a clear result. Im nervous because I don't want to hear it being negative tomorrow morning.

I have, unfortunately, had cycles that long and longer, but I was finally diagnosed with PCOS in about 6 years ago and that completely explained my cycle issues. I hope you get answers soon!

I have PCOS but never have I went this long and never once have I had breast tenderness this long either without AF showing up within couple days. Its now almost been 2 weeks with the breast tenderness

Kim, you may want to go in for a blood test just to be sure. GL!!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

I am going in today have it done. Have to have it done by 530 tonight and will have results tomorrow. I sure hope its a BFP but I have this feeling its negative. I will keep you posted tomorrow when I get results back.

FX!!!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32

I hope it is a bfp! If not, maybe as for something to bring on AF (only if you want to)

Hope you get your BFP today
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 06-12-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Well the test was negative. I did start spotting last night really late and today it is still the same so who knows whats going on with my body but im tired of it. I think were going to take a couple months off from trying and without taking meds and then try again when I can wrap my head around this. Never in my life did I think it would take over 8 years to have one child when everyone else in my family has never had any problems having a child.

I can relate. Everyone else in my family gets pregnant without even trying.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Yep same here even the ones that have kids already and cant take care of the ones they have but can just get pregnant again and again and not take care of them. Makes me sick.

I'm sorry. It's incredibly frustrating.

Its frustrating and heart breaking. But nothing I can do. Anyways ladies I will be stalking you guys and hope all of you get your BFP soon. And hope one day I can get the husband to return to trying again at a later date. I know its going to months before he even thinks or even tries again if Im able to convince him at all. And he's not willing to adopt or even do foster care so Im at a dead end road now. But not going to vent about it to you ladies. Its something I have to deal with in my personal life and wrap my head around all of it. Good luck to all of you.

We're here for you if you ever want to vent. I hope your DH comes around eventually. Sending you lots of love.

Vent any time. I don't know what my plan is at the moment.

Oh Kim, I am so sorry. It is absolutely important to be on the same page. I really pray that you are able to try again and perhaps just go straight to IVF. Please keep us posted. We will be thinking about you!!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32

I am so sorry Kim we are always here any time you want to vent, whether you are actively ttc or not but I do hope DH comes around so you can start trying again. He might just need some time to process the bfn

Well yesterday the RE called and said we needed to take another approach. So that approach is to take metformin 1500mg daily and take clomid 100mg. So this gives us a month of not trying. DH says he hasn't given up but just not thinking about it nor want to talk about it much but still wants one. So that is good news and I understand where he is frustrated and I am too since its been 8 years and still no baby. Anyways we are on day 2 of the new meds and doing pretty good with it. So hopefully my next cycle will be right on track and we can start clomid again in August. I will keep all you ladies posted.

Good luck with the new approach!

Glad you have a re plan and DH is still wanting you to get pg as well. I hope the metformin helps!

Great news!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

So happy Kim!!! PM me anytime as I think we have very similar stories. I will share some of the transitions that happened withDH becoming more involved. So excited for your new plan!

TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32

Congratulations on your new plan. And I'm glad your DH is still on board. Sending you lots of Praying you gets your BFP soon.

good luck with met and clomid! I'm surprised your doc hasn't had you on met already since you've been trying so long. Hopefully it will really help!