Thread: The good....the bad...and the ugly

Default The good....the bad...and the ugly

This is the first time that I have posted over on the STC forum....so I will kind of give you the rundown.
    Met DH in July of 2009
    DH proposed in Nov 2010
    Married June 2011
    Started TTC Oct 2011
    Thought I was pregnant Nov/Dec 2011...wasn't
    June 2012 went to the OB for the first time....told to wait full year before they could do testing
    Oct 2012 testing for me was good....DH had no sperm
    Nov 2012 DH saw urologist...did ultrasound, another sperm analysis, and some blood testing...everything came back good except still no sperm
    Nov 2012 discovered our insurance at the time lied and said they covered infertility....when they didn't....decided to switch insurances...had to wait til Jan for new insurance to kick in
    Jan 2013 saw urologist with new insurance....scheduled surgery to "open up" any blockages on DH.
    Feb 2013 DH had surgery ....no change...still no sperm...no clear answer as to why....
    Mar 2013 met with RE...indicated that until results came back from Feb surgery...not much they could do
    April 2013 met with RE again...DH given medication to increase sperm count, scheduled surgery for 28th to see if DH produced sperm (testicular biopsy)...surgery pushed back.
    May 2013 surgery scheduled for 14th then 26th....continued to be pushed back
    June 2013: week before surgery was told that surgery was not covered at all by insurance.....told it would be about 2000.
    Thurs before surgery....told we had to pay 1040 to RE by Friday.
    Friday before surgery DH called surgery center to see if they had a bill for us......... surprise....1901 to the hospital suite and 1000 to the anesthesiologist.....due that day.......
    Monday 17th: DH had surgery......................................
    Results: DH has no vas deferens........which means that he probably is a cystic fibrosis carrier.....
    had to wait until that afternoon to discover that DH does have sperm...managed to retrieve 4 vials (not sure how much that is....but RE's partner stated that it could be up to 4 IVF attempts)
    PLAN:
    Wednesday I got tested to see if I am a carrier for cystic fibrosis.
    As soon as AF shows up....call RE to get started on the IVF stuff....
    If I am a carrier for CF...the we will definitely do genetic testing....if I am NOT a carrier....we will probably do genetic testing......
    Today: realized how much IVF costs....started crying....luckily DH's grandmother and parents offered to help with payment costs......my mom and dad (and step mom) are not doing well financially.....they cannot help with payments....they are barely able to pay their own bills........

Waiting for AF to show up....but at least we have answers and a plan on how we plan to proceed.......

Look around for insurance outside of both your DH and your own, lots of help there. Also there are some grants and fundraisers, you can look those up. There are a lot of credit cards like Care Credit that you can put a lot of medical bills on and then pay them off with interest free payments when they offer them.

Word of advise; don't ever say never!!

Cait[24] & Gene-Paul[28] Dx with PCOS & Left Tube Blocked Dec. '12
    03/22/13
    Sean Patrick born 3/11/14, 7lbs 13oz

Welcome. I hate to see anyone "belonging" in here, but glad to see you posting and hope your stay is short. Sounds like you have had quite the journey already!
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Praying for you

I'm sorry you're here, but welcome. So glad you have a plan and the support of your families. That makes a huge difference. Praying your IVF is a success. KUP

Quote Originally Posted by coelh102 View Post
    Look around for insurance outside of both your DH and your own, lots of help there. Also there are some grants and fundraisers, you can look those up. There are a lot of credit cards like Care Credit that you can put a lot of medical bills on and then pay them off with interest free payments when they offer them.

Word of advise; don't ever say never!!
    ^^^ this...Cait, you rock girlie !!

Stay strong Lizzy...you've made it this far !! Praying, praying, praying....totally having faith you will get your bfp soon !!!

Cmon af...show your ugly mug !!

We are MOST DEFINITELY proceeding with the IVF....just so friggen tired of the "Whoops....we forgot to tell you that you owe five thousand dollars TODAY...and if you can't pay it today...the we cannot proceed on.........." Supposedly we were supposed to have a sit down with a financial planner M....... I knew nothing about this........DH is the one who remembered... That and M's reason for not telling us until Thursday about the bill due on Friday............"Well you didn't call us." "You are responsible for knowing what you have to pay."
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been through so much Lizzy ...it's just crazy they expected you to know this stuff without previous experience !

I'm sooooo glad you're moving forward with ivf and what a huge huge blessing that dh's gma is fronting the money...praise God it's all coming together !!

Praying, praying, praying !!