Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: My latest drama <eyeroll>

Still thinking of you...
    When is the ultrasound?
    Lindsay, DH - Matt and 2DDs

Quote Originally Posted by Songbird_kay View Post
    if you are bleeding internally, they would see that on ultrasound. if you do not have free flowing fluid I would wait it out.
    Agreeing again!

I too would wait it out at least a little longer if at all possible. I realize the chances are slim the pregnancy is viable, but amazing things do happen, and for me I know I would need stronger "proof" that the baby didn't have a chance. That is a relief you can trust your dr in this!

Praying the Ob has some good answers or a good plan for you...
    Katie~
    DD1 (7) DD2 (4) DS1 (22 months) Baby #4 EDD 7/13/14

I hope the U/S brings you some answers

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Thinking of you!
    *Sara-27**Lee-27* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

Like some of the others who don't log on a lot anymore, I am just seeing this and couldn't fail to reply. No matter how things turn out, I am just hoping that you remain healthy and safe.

Missing my thoraco-omphalopagus conjoined twin boys born on 9/18/12 at 33 weeks.
    Dh (teacher, 33) and I (SAHM, 32) have been married 8 years since May

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay1981 View Post
    Still thinking of you...
    When is the ultrasound?
    It was done almost an hour ago. The nurse just stuck her head in to tell me the results were back and she was going to let the dr know. I assume she meant my u/s results since labs should have been back quite awhile earlier.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hoping the ultrasound brings some info and answers and not more uncertainty. Thinking if u guys

THinking of you! Praying things will be ok!
    Heather-36 , Dh-34, Ds-11, Dd-5 our IVF baby & Dd-3 our surprise baby. Expecting # 4 in January 2014!!

[QUOTE=DucksLikeRain;1058798946]It was done almost an hour ago. The nurse just stuck her head in to tell me the results were back and she was going to let the dr know.

If there was something urgent, I would assume you would have been taken immediately. Hoping this is a good sign of nothing major.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Beta is lower today. U/S showed no obvious signs of pregnancy anywhere as expected. Could be a miscarriage in process or could still be ectopic as the beta levels I guess can do weird things with them. Possible concern on the left ovary. One maybe two cysts-I think 4 and 6.5cm-that may have everything or may have nothing to do with the pregnancy. He had to step out for a minute and is going to come back in to talk some more-he was paged by my OB just now.

no free flowing fluid?

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

no free flowing fluid?
    Nope. And my bleeding is really just spotting. Like rust or pink if you stick your finger (or an u/s wand) up in there. Nothing has been on my pad.

So the plan is follow closely with my OB starting Friday. Really low threshold for pain or increased bleeding to come back to the ER. And once the pregnancy is figured out-miscarriage or ectopic and taken care of-they'll look into the cysts more. It's very likely the super bad pain I had last week was cyst related. And I guess it's also possible cysts can be hormone producing ??

Sakura Guest

I'm praying.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Nope. And my bleeding is really just spotting. Like rust or pink if you stick your finger (or an u/s wand) up in there. Nothing has been on my pad.

So the plan is follow closely with my OB starting Friday. Really low threshold for pain or increased bleeding to come back to the ER. And once the pregnancy is figured out-miscarriage or ectopic and taken care of-they'll look into the cysts more. It's very likely the super bad pain I had last week was cyst related. And I guess it's also possible cysts can be hormone producing ??
    It's possible, depending on what type of cyst it is.
    Me: 29, DH: 29, DS: 2, DD: Born 2/10/11

You pain sounds like what my friend described when she had an ovarian cyst burst. Any chance that there is no pregnancy at all and your hormones are just wonky due to something like that?

ETA: Oops didn't see you thought of that too!
    Thing 1 (7), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (20M)

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    You pain sounds like what my friend described when she had an ovarian cyst burst. Any chance that there is no pregnancy at all and your hormones are just wonky due to something like that?

ETA: Oops didn't see you thought of that too!

I think because of the tubal I had done they don't want to jump to that until the hcg has gone all the way down. And then they'll investigate the cysts. I have 2 with a possible site of a 3rd or else one of the 2 I have partially ruptured-so it's a good chance. But they don't want to focus on that and miss the more dangerous possibility.

My levels went down and then came back up again with my ectopic...by that time (8wks) the sac that was in utero at 7wks was gone but with betas still rising, spotting, and right-sided pain they said there is most likely another sac elsewhere even though they couldn't see anything on u/s. I opted for the mtx injections since the cells were growing somewhere but definitely not where they should be. I'm still being monitored...hcg went up to almost 3000 and now 4wks after the injections it's down to 81. For me, the mtx was no walk in the park but definitely the right option for us. I'm glad I waited though until 7-8wks so I knew for sure there was no baby. With close monitoring there's little to no risk of waiting it out a little.

! I'm so sorry you're going through this...you've had so much pain and loss already !! Praying for you!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

wait, what? cysts in the ovary cause PROGESTERONE not hcg.

besides that, I think the plan is right.... watch and wait with a very low threshold for getting back into the ER

wait, what? cysts in the ovary cause PROGESTERONE not hcg.

Usually. But there are apparently a few situations where they cause hcg. From what I gather they're not necessarily always good (benign) reasons. But I'm not going there until we get this other figured out.

praying for you.

Meg (30), DH (40) & the 4 J's (6.5, 4.5, 3, 1.5)

FX and hoping for the best.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

What a crazy time for you. I hope you can get this all resolved quickly.

Thinking of you, Tif. Big hugs!

Oh boy... still thinking of you!
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

A corpus luteum cyst can cause a false positive. FX it's nothing more.

CL cysts do not give of hcg

Robin, a simple google search will indeed reveal to you a CL cyst CAN cause a fasle positive pregnancy test. I don't think this is the thread to argue about it.

Best wishes to you, Tif.

Thinking about you!