Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest drama <eyeroll>

I don't think I could have been more shocked to open up a thread!! You must be so overwhelmed. I hope you're able to see someone today!!! I'll be thinking of you!

Quote Originally Posted by WishingNat View Post
    I don't think I could have been more shocked to open up a thread!! You must be so overwhelmed. I hope you're able to see someone today!!! I'll be thinking of you!
    This! Exactly. I'm praying that everything is ok!

Lauren (29) Wife of 10 years to J.R.(30) Mom to Bayleigh (8) & Jack (3)

I hope they get you in ASAP. Huge hugs mama.
    AKA Lisa724

Tif. Keep us posted please!
    Our Family <3 Est. July 2007 <3
    Samuel (5 years), Elliott (3 years), and Evelyn (1 year).

Praying you are ok and get answers quickly.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

I'd be incredibly worried about an ectopic, too. I can't imagine what you're going through emotionally right now. I hope you are seen today!
    Formerly cdcy1973

Also praying you get immediate and thorough care!

holy smokes.......thinking about you.

Jenny~ Mama to Katelyn(7), Ben(my angel in Heaven, 6), Megan(5), Allie(2years), Nora(8m)

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Thanks ladies. This morning's test wasn't any darker but definitely still a line. I'm waiting on a call back from the nurse right now. I imagine they start with beta like normal? Without bleeding is the possibility of an ectopic still high on the list?

The nurse just called wanting to start with a urine test at the lab which I refused. I refuse to pay $20 for them to dip my urine only to have to go back and pay another lab fee for the blood draw. So she's taking my request to go straight to a beta back to my OB to get approval but "it's against Kaiser protocol" so I might just have to bite it. Although I've never had to do a urine test at the lab before getting a beta in the past so maybe it'll be ok.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Tif: bite whatever cost you need to because ectopic is the top reason for fatalities in the first trimester. Push them for testing etc like crazy. U/S too. Bleeding is not a required symptom for ectopic. My baby was big and had a heartbeat and the tube had not ruptured yet; the doc and US tech could not hide their shock; it really depends on your body. I hope it is a healthy little one that implanted where it is supposed to. But as someone mentioned "treat it as ectopic until proven otherwise"
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I didn't even have a chance to tell her about the pain I've had since Thursday. Still waiting on a call back. She hadn't even read my chart-didn't know I had my tubes tied or when or any of my history even though I told the receptionist that I was a post-tubal ligation patient.

Truth be told-the real reason I don't want to go in and do a urine dip is what if it doesn't show up? We've all heard that doctor strips aren't as sensitive as some of the ones we buy OTC and my lines are light. I don't want to go through the "you're not pregnant" spiel if it's just because of the tests they use. I've never had to do a urine dip before. I have a history of slow rising betas until about 9 weeks and have always called in saying "I got a positive" and then being sent to track betas.

Hey ladies! Been a looong time since I posted anything here, or really even visited. Just wanted to offer good thoughts and encouragement, Tif. at the same time?).

Also, do you have shoulder pain? I was reading that that is a symptom of ruptured ectopic... I agree with the other mamas who said you should hit the ER ASAP.

And if you aren't going to be seen today by your OBs and aren't heading to the ER... something that hasn't been suggested yet.... I would try another test. A different brand, or, if possible, a different lot number (I only am assuming that the two tests you took you had on hand and were likely purchased at the same time) perhaps it's a faulty lot of test strip?

Quote Originally Posted by maine06 View Post
    Hey ladies! Been a looong time since I posted anything here, or really even visited. Just wanted to offer good thoughts and encouragement, Tif. at the same time?).

Also, do you have shoulder pain? I was reading that that is a symptom of ruptured ectopic... I agree with the other mamas who said you should hit the ER ASAP.

And if you aren't going to be seen today by your OBs and aren't heading to the ER... something that hasn't been suggested yet.... I would try another test. A different brand, or, if possible, a different lot number (I only am assuming that the two tests you took you had on hand and were likely purchased at the same time) perhaps it's a faulty lot of test strip?
    Haven't seen you forever! Thanks for popping in and chiming in.

I don't have shoulder pain. Just pelvic-really low pelvic pain. DH asked if I was going to buy a different brand of tests last night after the first one-knowing I still had one more from the pack. It hadn't really occurred to me to do that but I guess it really can't hurt. Although if I do that I might as well bite it and take the lab urine test when it comes down to paying for one or the other, huh?

Wowie wow wow! I hope you can get in right away and can skip the Kaiser protocol. I think I'd call the nurse back, or talk to the advice nurse -- make them listen to your whole story -- keep calling back if you need to! because to treat this like a normal early positive is ridiculous. I think in this case, being a squeaky wheel is absolutely in order. Just wow. I can't imagine the gamut of emotions you must be feeling right now.
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Oh wow. Wow, wow, wow! Yeah, I would definitely treat is as possible ectopic and go get an u/s asap, even if it means going to the ER. Sounds like you could very likely be over 5 weeks pg and they should be able to see a sac at least, right? Geez, I got goosebumps when I read this post. I sure hope this is a sneaky little blessing and not something bad. Many hugs coming your way! Stalking, of course!
    ~Andrea~

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Wowie wow wow! I hope you can get in right away and can skip the Kaiser protocol. I think I'd call the nurse back, or talk to the advice nurse -- make them listen to your whole story -- keep calling back if you need to! because to treat this like a normal early positive is ridiculous. I think in this case, being a squeaky wheel is absolutely in order. Just wow. I can't imagine the gamut of emotions you must be feeling right now.
    I agree with this. It's time to pester them as much as you need to until they understand your history and the huge risks that follow. Hoping to hear something soon.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

Any update? Does your insurance allow for "urgent care" clinic visits? With HMO, the copay is usually a bit higher than regular Dr's visit but definitely cheaper than ER. They have u/s at urgent care facilities.

Thinking of you!
    Me: 29, DH: 29, DS: 2, DD: Born 2/10/11

Oh wow! I think that unless they see you today, you should go to the ER. I had an ectopic and had basically no pain (just a little dull pain in the pelvis). I was bleeding internally (the pg was outside of the tube, thus no pain from pressure on the tube) and by the time they figured it out, it was an emergency. I could have slowly bleed to death, my abdominal cavity was filled with blood.

My pg tests with the ectopic were much lighter than my successful pregnancies but clearly positive. They were not getting any darker with time.

in the meantime, I will be praying for a miracle. Please be safe.

Tif, I'm praying for you. I haven't been around in forever, but wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts. I hope you are able to get checked out and everything is okay
    Mandi (25) & DH (27)
    Our Blog

Heading to the lab for a blood draw in a few minutes. Nurse said I probably should have gone to the ER on Thursday even without a positive pregnancy test and if my cramping picks up again before they call with test results tomorrow then to go to urgent care or the ER. Right now I don't have much cramping at all. When she called she assumed the other nurse had already called to tell me that my OB approved my request to skip the urine dip and go straight for the beta. So we'll see what number shows on there. I had a chance to tell her about the pain and she got concerned but said that regardless the first step is to see where the numbers are and then get things scheduled-unless my pain level changes or I start bleeding.

KUP! I hope it's nothing serious and they can get lab results quickly.
    Me: 29, DH: 29, DS: 2, DD: Born 2/10/11

I'm glad you're able to skip right to the beta. Sending all of the positive thoughts I can muster up directly your way!

Scary. Glad your OB listens to you. Will keep praying.
    Phoebe Grace 6-22-11; 37.5" and 26.2# at 2 years old! She is my wild child!
    Me & Geoff, 40; DD Phoebe, our June Bug

Havent been here in forever but wanted to show tiff support. Praying for quick answers. Thinking and praying for u guys. Kup

Labs are drawn. Hopefully I'll get the results before they close at 9.

Quote Originally Posted by DucksLikeRain View Post
    Labs are drawn. Hopefully I'll get the results before they close at 9.
    I seriously can not even begin to understand what you must be feeling right now, I hope you get answers, and soon

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

KUP! Hoping for some answers today for you!! Will continue to pray for you!
    *Sara-28**Lee-28* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

**TTC since 08/01/14. 1500mg of Metformin and 2.5mg Femara**

This is MammaMia. I've lost my password.

Hope everything goes ok. Talk about a shock!
    Candice, 28, STC 7+ years

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    Oh, and WOW
    This! Praying for you!

2/09 6/09 4/14 9/14