Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My latest drama <eyeroll>

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

Default My latest drama <eyeroll>

So. Tubes were tied in 8/11. They weren't clamped or just simply tied. My OB went in with 2 extra incisions and took out a large chunk of each of them like he would do if he was performing the operation in conjunction with a c-section. He said that statistically a tubal performed during a c-section is the most effective because of the ability to take out more tube. Since we have a pretty good reason for not wanting me to get pregnant again he felt justified in going to extra lengths for this.

Wednesday I had a crazy bad episode of PMS which is pretty common for me to have happen within 24 hours of starting my period. By then i was already on CD31 and I'm typically 24-25 days although I have had one or two cycles in the last year that hit 32 so I wasn't really worried. On Thursday about 8:30am I started feeling a lot of pressure in my pelvis. You know when you're at the end of pregnancy and have to carefully sit down or else it's like you're pushing a bowling ball right against your cervix? Yeah, it was like that. And it just kept building. I had already had bowel movements that day so I knew I wasn't stopped up. By the time I was driving the girls home from school I was in so much pain. I had to pull over 4 times on the 12 mile drive just because I wasn't able to focus on the road and felt like I was going to throw up from the pain. It felt worse than the pitocin induced contractions, natural labor w/o pain meds contractions, c-section, etc. It felt EXACTLY like with my last baby when I was in septic shock and contracting with a swollen infected uterus. Excruciating. Lasted about 8 hours like that and then eased up finally. Since then the pain has gotten less-today was really good actually but before today I still had to carefully sit down or else that cervix pain would still shoot me up out of my seat. But no bleeding.

And then.

So. WTH was all that pain??? It wasn't implantation cramping. I've had that and this was NOT cramping. No bleeding so I don't need to be freaking about ectopic, right? I mean, I'm freaking, don't get me wrong. Really freaking. John is hung up on the difference in darkness and isn't sure it's positive. I lightened it since it was a cell phone picture, but it's definitely two lines, right?

So-what do I do? I have an HMO and things tend to move a bit slow at this point in a pregnancy even if I tell them "I'm extremely high risk" so should I just hang tight and let the phone call tomorrow filter up to the right people who will kick into gear (my high-risk OB) or should I push on the phone to get a call back from either the OB or a nurse?

This is either going to be yet another one of our worst nightmares or else a very unexpected and amazing blessing.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Holy moly!!!! I'm sorry you went through all that pain. This one was completely 110% unexpected. It's been very hard accepting and I only have recently. All I can offer you is . I know exactly how you feel. We were waiting for DH to get snipped and this. If you wanna talk, pm me. This has been the most nightmarish thing that could ever happen to us, too. But is turning out to be quite the unexpected surprise that we are very happy for.

Good luck and I really hope it's not ectopic or problematic in any health way.

And to answer your question, yes honey that's absolutely positive.

I'm sorry to keep posting, I'm forgetting a few things. I swear I'm reliving the nervousness as I posted when I first found out. I would make an appt ASAP with my pcp to get it confirmed then go from there. Voice your concerns with them so they can help you ASAP. I'm sorry this is happening. All babies are blessings and I wish you nothing but peace and tranquility in this tough situation.

Blog Entries

I would just call your high risk OB and have them pester your regular OB to get you a referral stat. This is crazy!

I have no idea what all that pain was, though, I'd almost say that it was unrelated or maybe an ovarian cyst which ruptured?

Oh, and have someone order you a beta right away to make sure that test wasn't a crazy fluke or caused by something totally bizarre.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

That looks very positive to me. I would wait till tomorrow to call. Not sure they would do much tonight. I had my tubes tied with my last c-section also for very serious reasons so I have some idea how you must feel.

Oh my goodness! I would call tomorrow and emphasize the pain you experienced. Especially if it doesn't seem to lessen. I hope they work you into the schedule ASAP.

Yes it is positive. And yes, you really need to worry about ectopic. Just being pregnant after a tubal is high enough risk that even Kaiser should take it seriously. My ob said if I ever got a + test to call and talk to her immediately because the risk of ectopic is high.

Not sure what the pain was, possibly a cyst, but also possibly something growing where it shouldn't.

Oh, and WOW

Looks positive to me.
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

What Runningmom said. It's positive, and it's ectopic until proven otherwise. I'm sorry. I am sending you a big huge cyber hug.
    Crazy things happen, who knows how this could play out. Think positive, maybe the pain was your "tied" tube opening up. But if you have more pain tonight I would go to the ER and pitch a fit until they beta and ultrasound you. Take care lady.

Can you call a nurse, does your OB have a 24-hour line? Ectopic is very serious and bleeding may not happen right away. It could be ruptured cyst too. Either way, I hope you can get checked asap.

Oh my gosh! I am a bit shocked by this post. I completely agree with pp. I would call in the morning as long as you are not in any more pain and are not bleeding. Seeing that you would only be a few days along I would try to be seen tomorrow. Sending some pretty hug hugs your way!

Jeanne, mom to Dev0n (6) Isabe11e (5) and C0rbin (3.5) Vio1et (almost 2)

Hugs. Call tomorrow. I am hoping for the best news! KUP
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

Thinking about you! Big hugs to you and prayers going up!

I would get checked out as soon as possible it does look positive. My old gyn told me to get checked out if I ever suspected pregnancy and the nurses said he does a very "radical" tubal ligation.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpinkmomma0811 View Post
    I would get checked out as soon as possible it does look positive. My old gyn told me to get checked out if I ever suspected pregnancy and the nurses said he does a very "radical" tubal ligation.
    I have my tubes tied as well and they told me to call if its during office hours and if not go straight to the er....

Lots of hugs. I hope you can get checked out ASAP. Sending lots of positive thoughts!!
    This is MammaMia. I've lost my password.

Wow, that is shocking. I hope you are able to see a doctor today. I'm thinking of you

I agree with the ladies. I hope that you are able to get in somewhere right away. Wishing you all the best!!

Wow. That's way positive. And with all that pain I'd be very concerned about an eptopic, even without bleeding. Get into the emergency room if you can't get in to see your doctor today.

I would demand to be seen immediately. I can't imagine that would be a problem with your history or the fact that you "shouldn't" be pregnant because of the tubal.

Good luck
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by mla View Post
    Wow. That's way positive. And with all that pain I'd be very concerned about an eptopic, even without bleeding. Get into the emergency room if you can't get in to see your doctor today.

Totally agree with all of this! Thinking of you today!
    Growing fast... DD1 (6) & DD2 (4)
    Forever loved, forever missed... Twin Girls with us for 19w3d 6/12/06

My goodness, huge hugs. Please let us know how you're doing.

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

Tif, I saw this last night but couldn't post a reply. I've been thinking about you the whole time. I hope you can get some answers right away and I hope you're okay. I'm sure this must be more than a little overwhelming.

Tif, I hope you are ok. Big hugs to you.

I'd say its positive!! I would try and get in as soon as possible! Hugs!
    *Sara-28**Lee-28* 11/21/09 DX with PCOS 05/10

**TTC since 08/01/14. 1500mg of Metformin and 2.5mg Femara**

I hope you are able to get some answers today

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Given that pain and being post tubal....I would go to the ER if the doc cannot get you in today. I really hope that it's not etopic.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Oh my word! You are in my thoughts and prayers.