Thread: Cloth Pads SO

Default Cloth Pads SO

I have been wanting to use cloth pads for while but just never made the switch. But my reservation has been about washing them. Every time I get blood on my underwear, unless I wash it immediately, they get stained. So I was wondering how do you get the stains out of the cloth pads ...

If you cold rinse first, they should come out clean. Although, if they stain it's really not a huge deal since they serve only one purpose. Another option is to put them in a jar or bucket filled with water to sit until you are ready to wash. I didn't like that idea for myself and would rather just have a few stains.

My stash is fuzzibunz and others. If I have to replace them I will use some from etsy and made in USA by moms but for now that's my stash. Mine never get stained. I usually rinse them with cold water & soap immediately after use and store them in a container in my bathroom (up high on a shelf). If I am really busy, I just store them in a wetbag and then do a cold rinse which takes care of the stains followed by the regular wash. However, my problem with the second version is that I think they retain unsavory smell but when I rinse them right away with cold water and some soap the smell is gone. Having said that, keep in mind that I must be part dog as I can smell everything. It is absolutely crazy.

So what I am trying to say is that staining has never been my problem. They usually use materials and colors that do not stain easily. It is different than your white or light cotton panties which I have always had problems with staining.
    Last edited by tanyachap; 06-01-2013 at 12:04 AM.
    KEVIN (6) & MATTHEW (4)

I just wash mine with my cloth diapers and haven't had any issues with staining. If it is bad I just rinse with cold water and spit

I always rinse with cold water and wash with either my diapers or towels. Stains don't really bother me with cloth pads. They are used for one thing only, and they are only mine, so it doens't matter if they are stained. I am the same way with underwear, though!

Good. Thanks for the info.

I toss mine in the shower and rinse until it's light pink then wash with either diapers or darks. Usually I just toss them in there and the next person in will rinse them (because my dh is awesome like that) and they still come mostly clean. I didn't rinse them in the beginning and those pads are super stained but they do look prettier after sunning.
    I use Mother Moon Pads so they are cheap but are awesome.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11