Thread: Condom fail...HELP

Default Condom fail...HELP

Hi everyone! I'm happily married with two beautiful little boys ages 6 and 3. Hubby and I agree that we are done having children and are waiting for new insurance to kick in so he can have a vasectomy. In the meantime, we've been using condoms. Earlier this week though we had a scare and now I'm paranoid over whether I will get pregnant or not. First of all, I'm nearly POSITIVE I ovulated on Monday. I have severe cramping on one side every month when I O, my sex drive was up, and the CM was correct. We had sex Monday night and although the condom didn't break, it slipped off when he pulled out and spilled semen (sorry if TMI). I don't know if semen actually got inside me, but it was definitely all over me down there. If we have another child that's fine but this is going to be a long two week wait. My next period is due June 11. What do you guys think? Is pregnancy likely? For the record, we've had zero issues conceiving in the past and seem very fertile. My second son was conceived off of one act of intercourse that month

I'd tend to say its unlikely that you're pregnant, but that's based off of my own personal fertility, ya know? Like I'm sure if that happened to me, I wouldn't get pregnant. We've always used the pull out method and I never got pregnant until I actually intended too. Of course there is a slight possibility you are pregnant, but I'd say chances are slim. Hope these next two weeks go by quickly for you so you can get your answer.

Thanks! I guess I'm just nervous because I know I was ovulating that day and we've conceived very easily in the past. I guess time will tell...until then I'll try not to go crazy

I'd say its unlikely, but definitely still possible for you to have gotten pregnant from that. Unfortunately, the only thing to do now is wait and see your period shows up. Best of luck!
    Jennifer

I was going to suggest Plan B but, I am unsure of the time frame for that. My husband and I did the pull out way for a year and did not have a pregnancy but, I was worried about pregnancy a lot. Condoms are good but, other birth control might be better depending on your situation. Wait it out and see what happens.

Thanks for the input. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Plan B. For religious reasons I'm pro-life and believe life begins at conception. Since Plan B can technically prevent a fertilized egg from implanting, I won't take it. We are done having kids but if we are blessed with another than that's fine too Time will tell I guess!

I wasn't sure so I thought I would throw it out there in case.

No problem I actually did take Plan B once a few years ago before I realized it could prevent a fertilized egg from implanting. I thought it just prevented ovulation. Anyways, I felt HORRIBLE for a solid month after taking it and it took four months for my cycle to become regular again :/ I swore I'd never do it again for various reasons although I'm glad it's an option for other people. There is definitely a need for it!
    Olivia- mommy to Landon (6) and Caden (3)

I am the OP btw. I forgot I had an account on here years ago so I'll be using it from now on Sooo...yesterday I woke up with a face full of acne. Sometimes I get a few zits right before my period, but never this bad and never this early. I also had severe twinges of pain in my boobs twice today. I'm trying to forget about the whole possibility so I'm not obsessing too bad, but the boob pain especially has my attention. Surely I wouldn't be showing symptoms already??

I'd say it's way too early for symptoms. It's possible it's your mind playing tricks on you bc you're searching for symptoms. And tender boobies are a sign of AF too, so you just never know!!

PS...I see your sons name is Caden That's what this baby's name will be if he's a boy

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    I'd say it's way too early for symptoms. It's possible it's your mind playing tricks on you bc you're searching for symptoms. And tender boobies are a sign of AF too, so you just never know!!

PS...I see your sons name is Caden That's what this baby's name will be if he's a boy
    My husband thought he was being creative when he "invented" the name Caden LOL. Now we hear it a lot but that's okay...means we have good taste. We were sitting on a bench at Disney World right after we'd found out I was having another boy. We were throwing around names and he just blurted it out. It means "battle companion" which we thought was very fitting for a little brother ;)

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaB View Post
    I am the OP btw. I forgot I had an account on here years ago so I'll be using it from now on Sooo...yesterday I woke up with a face full of acne. Sometimes I get a few zits right before my period, but never this bad and never this early. I also had severe twinges of pain in my boobs twice today. I'm trying to forget about the whole possibility so I'm not obsessing too bad, but the boob pain especially has my attention. Surely I wouldn't be showing symptoms already??
    I thought your name look familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by OliviaB View Post
    My husband thought he was being creative when he "invented" the name Caden LOL. Now we hear it a lot but that's okay...means we have good taste. We were sitting on a bench at Disney World right after we'd found out I was having another boy. We were throwing around names and he just blurted it out. It means "battle companion" which we thought was very fitting for a little brother ;)
    My husband "discovered" the name Caden too lol! I didn't know it means battle companion. I love that!

Hmmm...so for the past few days I'm feeling really weird. Usually around this time of month I'm having PMS symptoms and craving sweets. I haven't felt like eating much and last night hubby and I went out on a dinner date. He offered dessert and I couldn't even stand the thought of it. I barely ate half of dinner and felt really full...almost queasy. Gah, surely it's too early to test. I HATE this wait.

Yeah, it's still too early. I'd hold out till Sunday if you can stand it.

OMG. Just got up to pee and I had light pink spotting when I wiped! My period is always like clockwork so I highly doubt that it's coming early. Plus, the first days of my period always have dark brown blood....this light pink is weird and it was only a small amount. I'm also very lightly cramping. Could it be implantation bleeding this long after intercourse??

Blog Entries

Implantation usually occurs a few days before AF, I thought, so yes you could potentially have implantation occurring around now. However, spotting any time in your cycle can be very normal and not be a sign of anything having to do with pregnancy.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

Hmmm...my cycles are always like clockwork and I never have any type of spotting outside of AF. I also had implantation bleeding with both of my sons and remember it being this very light pink stuff. This morning there was a tiny bit of light brown but that was it. Now there is nothing. The cramps are also gone. I still have about 5 days before AF is due and according to what I read this is the right time frame for implantation bleeding. I don't know what else it could be...sure wish these days would hurry up so I can test! I will be happy either way but I really want to know. My job involves things that could potentially be hazardous to a pregnant woman (I'm a veterinary technician) so I will ere on the side of caution and avoid everything until I know for sure.