Thread: No hobby time for mom

Default No hobby time for mom

I'm really missing my volleyball time. I'm a volleyball player and I haven't been able to play since getting pregnant with dd2. I feel like everybody in the house gets to do what they wanna do besides me. What I would give to be on the court again. And now I'm pregnant again ughhh lol.

What is preventing you from playing? I was playing volleyball before getting pregnant with #1 and #2. I continued to play (co-ed drop in, not competitive) until the week before both kids were born. Granted, I had to change my style of play (not dive for ball and protect my stomach) but I was still able to get a little work out and ME time. My doctor said not to over do it, but if my body was used to volleyball before pregnancy, then I could continue.
    My DH and I work out different nights that we can both go get alone time. He does basketball 1-2 nights a week and I do volleyball once a week. It helps us to keep sane and not feel guilty about going out.
    If you can't play volleyball, make time to get out and walk while the weather is good.

Same here...I participated in taekwondo until I delivered...just didn't spar and modified my workout to fit (even competed in forms while pg) .

I've played vball during pg but just on a church league...not very aggressive. After the first tri (because of my history of loss I wait until my 2nd tri) I go back to running...I have to slow down in the 3rd tri but am still able to keep a good pace.

...praying you're able to find a way to play again or find an activity you can do that you enjoy almost as much .
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Same here, no time or money for a hobby unfortunately. It's an ongoing issue between DH and I. He has a half dozen hobbies-one of which was wine making that he and a friend turned into a job and they now own a winery in addition to their full time jobs. So all our money and time get dumped into that. I get a little depressed about it at times, I feel like all I do is support him and his hobbies and don't have time to follow any of my own interests, so I know how you feel. I haven't figured out how to change things yet,so I'm sorry I can't offer any advice or solutions, just sympathize with you
    Angela (28) DH, Pat (30) DS Connor (4), DS Leo (2), DS Nathan

I understand how you feel.
    your not alone!
    I have no time for me to do stuff for me unless I am constantly stopping to get ds out of whatever trouble he is getting in to. and since he has dropped his nap the only time I am not with him is when he is in bed for the night and then I am too tired for anything and just want to sleep. and ds gets up before I do so there is no time for me in the mornings either. dh is not around enough to give me free time. the only time I have to myself is when mil watches the kids when I grocery shop. it is frustrating and I really wish I had time to work on my hobbies.

There's a number of things. DHs funky schedule makes it impossible for me to have a schedule for myself. I have 3 kids to myself most days. Most weeks actually. When he is home, I get a break. We also just moved. So I have no idea where the teams are. I can't commit because I have no one to watch the kids. My oldest used to come with me to practice, but with a very needy 1 yo, she'd make it impossible.
    It's depressing. I don't get out much and exercise like I used to. My 1 yo is like I said very needy. I can't take her with me anywhere unless she's in a baby carrier. I can leave her with DH but we live 30 minutes from the nearest gym and it's very unsafe where I live to walk/run on the road (no side walks and LOTS of loose dogs). I know if I got my butt in gear, I'd drive to the gym. But just to get ready is a hassle with all these kids.

I think we all go through phases of life like that . It's difficult for sure !

Hopefully your energy levels will even out soon with your 2nd tri approaching and getting the kids ready won't seem so daunting .

Thinking of you and hoping you find something that works.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Thanks Kelly