Thread: Question about hcg levels. Someone help

Default Question about hcg levels. Someone help

I took blood and urine tests for pregnancy and both came back positive but my dr said she thinks I might be miscarry ing because my levels were low. I am 25 days after my conception date and my levels were around 390. I don't know anything about it and have to go back in 3 days. I'm scared of loosing the baby. Anyone have any info they can share

Blog Entries

So you are between 5 and 6 weeks pregnant? A single HCG number isn't necessarily indicative of a viable pregnancy. What is most telling is whether your HCG is rising appropriately. I do hope that everything is fine with your baby.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

I would be a little over 3 weeks. I conceived July 22 so that's like 26 days or so. I go back Monday to see if my levels went up. I've googled around and it says my numbers are normal. But it's hard to trust the Internet I'm just scared of miscarry ing and I have no way to get answers till monday

Quote Originally Posted by Beckbaby09 View Post
    I would be a little over 3 weeks. I conceived July 22 so that's like 26 days or so. I go back Monday to see if my levels went up. I've googled around and it says my numbers are normal. But it's hard to trust the Internet I'm just scared of miscarry ing and I have no way to get answers till monday
    You would actually be 5-6 weeks pregnant rather than 3 because you start counting from the first day of your cycle not from conception date. Like jjorn said, one level does not tell all. Praying that your numbers double but really that does sound like a good starting number to me. My first beta with my youngest at around 4 weeks was only a 12 and they told me it was likely not viable. Obviously it was!

Oh that makes sense I was wondering why the nurse kept saying 5 weeks. I hope it does double. I'm scared of miss carrying and since there's been minor spotting and cramps it has worried me since she said my numbers should almost be double then what they are. Thank you for the reply it has made me feel a little better