Thread: When was/is your first appointment?

Default When was/is your first appointment?

Mine isn't for 10 weeks and that just seems so weird to me. With my last pregnancy they wanted to see me right away.
    MJ(29) - DH(34) - Married 6 Years - Angel Babies 6/13, 10/13

Mine first appointment was just prior to 6 weeks, but I'd had two losses previously, so they understood my concerns and got me in pretty early. At my doctor's office, the norrm is about 8 weeks.
    Lily

With Nolan it was at 6wks for an ultrasound (I was on Clomid at the time) this time I postponed it (purposefully) til 12wks. Though I think generally they see people around 8ishwks

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

For my clinic, women with no history of miscarriages/health issues don't get seen until 8-10 weeks, earlier for first pregnancies and later for subsequent pregnancies. I actually know a woman who went to a clinic that didn't have their first appointments until 12 weeks so I think your clinic is definitely in the normal range.
    Rae (27), DH (26), Lucas (6/3/12), Amelia (12/13/13)

For both I saw the doctor at 5-6 weeks to confirm pregnancy and at 8-9 weeks for the first ultrasound. I saw my ob/gyn once a month until I hit 30 weeks with both children and then on a weekly basis just how the office did things. Most offices will be once a month then 2x a month at 7 months then weekly after 36 weeks unless there is a high risk pregnancy.

Blog Entries

With all 3 of my pg the doctor scheduled my appt at 8 weeks. This time I had to reschedule my 1st appt for the next week, which put me at 9 weeks. It was kind of funny b/c the receptionist on the phone told me that they didn't want to wait too long to get me in...so I was like, ok, you won't see me before 8 weeks but waiting an extra week or two is a bit deal?

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)

Blog Entries

Many OBs don't want to see you until between 8 and 10 weeks. There really isn't anything to see or do before that point, unless you have a history of losses (and then mine just wanted repeat blood work) or an underlying medical condition which could cause pregnancy loss.
    Jessica (32) and Ryan (32). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    Check out our business, JRSolutions.

I never know how far along I am when I get a BFP because my cycles are so out of wack. I've always had an appointment right when I find out and get an u/s to determine due date. With this one, I happened to be 6 weeks along at the first appointment and then the next appointment was scheduled for 10.5 weeks.