Thread: funny kid saying (again!)

Default funny kid saying (again!)

yesterday my 2yr old kept talking about "Honky Donkey". i had no idea what she was talking about, i was trying to get her to give me more details, i thought maybe it was from show i hadnt seen. She told me "Nana make Honkey Donkey, 'cause Natawee had him." Wha??

So i went over to my mom's and asked what Honky Donkey was. She too was clueless. Fortunately my 9yr old came in to shed some light. The night before i had found a 3d Humpty Dumpty puzzle that was mine as a child. Natalie had tried to put him together, but couldnt, so my mom helped her. Ihave a feeling he will forever be Honky Donkey

this girl is so silly and quotes lines from movies all the time, a few weeks ago she said to me, after i asked her a question "What? What you say? I can't hear you, my ears are numb." (wreck it ralph) And she will randomly shout "I cant go back to jail!" and "I have an extra toe!" (monsters university) And "I found me a tall drink of water" (tangled). One might think she spends too much time watching movies but she picks these things up really easily, she was saying the toe line after the first time of watching.

Sawyer (3 next week) said the cutest thing the other night. I always say to him, "I love you so much Im going to keep you forever." I said it to him when I was getting him ready for bed and it was seriously an hour later when we were laying there in the dark and he said, "Mama? Are all the people in this house going to keep each other forever?"
    I felt bad, like it was now occurring to him that some of us might be trading each other in!

My 4yo daughter overheard a radio dj talking about how her recent solo road trip 'took her right back to the 90's' … DD looks at me and says "Mumma, what's 'the 90's' mean? I just started laughing, but nearly cracked a rib when DH answered from the next room "It means I'm old." :rofl:

She also will say when we're struggling with a task "That's okay mumma/daddy, sometime life is hard."
    [/URL]

we recently had to go back to VA for DH's G'ma's funeral, and one of Dh's cousins was there from Alaska with her kids. Afger listening to some one talk about what we would be doing the next day her 5yr old asked "who is Y'all?" everyone cracked up

I love to hear about children's funny sayings. Cody had a good one the other night we were all watching the Brandy Bunch on CBS.com it was about Jan trying out for cheer leading and I asked Cody before in mono-tone voice so I didn't give it away. "Cody do you think Jan will win"? Cody said "No" I asked "Why not?" Cody said "Because I have a little computer inside my brain that tells me what's going to happen in each show". That was hilarious and the way he said it too he was very serious and he was right though he hadn't seen that episode.
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    we recently had to go back to VA for DH's G'ma's funeral, and one of Dh's cousins was there from Alaska with her kids. Afger listening to some one talk about what we would be doing the next day her 5yr old asked "who is Y'all?" everyone cracked up
    *** Lindsay ***

For the life of me i couldn't remember anything hilarious last time this was done, but my memory is better today!

The kids were staying at my MIL's a while back and they only have one bathroom. Kaylee was in there doing her business when suddenly Kai decided he needed to go. What you have to know is when this kid says I gotta poop it means RIGHT. NOW. MIL, knowing this and not knowing what to do asked if he could wait. He said no, and she replied that she guessed she could get a bucket. Kai first told her that, nevermind he thought he could hold it, and then replied, that "it better be a BIG bucket". We continue to laugh about this because you could fit this whole 6 year old child into a 5 gallon bucket but he thought he was about to do something HUGE. LOL.

Another time our niece was looking at pictures at MIL's house pointing out the grandparents. She came across a picture of DH as a child, and MIL says "look there's uncle Jeremy", our niece replied "OHHH, he turned into a little boy!!"
    ~Kim~Kaylee~Kai~

these are cracking me up. The computer in the brain response sounds like something my #2 son would say.

Quote Originally Posted by KimJ View Post
    For the life of me i couldn't remember anything hilarious last time this was done, but my memory is better today!

The kids were staying at my MIL's a while back and they only have one bathroom. Kaylee was in there doing her business when suddenly Kai decided he needed to go. What you have to know is when this kid says I gotta poop it means RIGHT. NOW. MIL, knowing this and not knowing what to do asked if he could wait. He said no, and she replied that she guessed she could get a bucket. Kai first told her that, nevermind he thought he could hold it, and then replied, that "it better be a BIG bucket". We continue to laugh about this because you could fit this whole 6 year old child into a 5 gallon bucket but he thought he was about to do something HUGE. LOL.

Another time our niece was looking at pictures at MIL's house pointing out the grandparents. She came across a picture of DH as a child, and MIL says "look there's uncle Jeremy", our niece replied "OHHH, he turned into a little boy!!"
    hahaha! So did he go in the bucket?

LOL Love this! Yesterday, Erin and Nathan were playing, wrestling around on the floor. She laid still and told Nathan "I'm dead." So he says "You need new batteries?"
    Lynne, Grandma to three beautiful girls and one handsome little man!

Noe recently introduced dh to a group of kids and moms at the playground by telling them, "This is my daddy, Ryan. And we are both in love with each other."
    -- mom to DD1 1/98 and DD2 10/09

Quote Originally Posted by pepperlru View Post
    Noe recently introduced dh to a group of kids and moms at the playground by telling them, "This is my daddy, Ryan. And we are both in love with each other."
    That is just heart melting.

That is so super sweet!!

Today Jude was being silly, and I said "what am I going to do with you?" Without hesitation he answered .. "Put me in a cage and take me to a merry go round?"

Also his latest thing is ask if you "have know" to do something... Like, "Mommy, you have know draw a flower" or he'll tell me he has know.. Like, "I have know put these on"

Paige told me on the way home from school today that not everybody in her class likes nature, I asked why and her reply was "well colter sometimes wears blend clothes so that means he hunts, and that it is not liking nature, it's DESTROYING it.... I have dream that someday nobody will litter and there will be no hunting" .... Then she went on some crazy tangent where she was going to to teach colter to use a bow and arrow and build robot deer for him to hunt.

Facebook friends of mine have seen these already, but they're too funny not to share here as well.

Last week, I was seeing a little girl for the first time after a very long winter break. I gave her a bunch of words that I expected to be difficult (we were using my iPad) and she was saying everything beautifully. I asked her if she had been practicing at home over break, because she was doing such a great job.

She got all excited, and told me, "I've been working, and working, and I don't need you at all anymore!" Then, after a pause to think about that, she added, "I still need your iPad, though."

This week, I was working with the same student and she was showing me a wall in her classroom with Martin Luther King, Jr. activities. Her teacher had hung up photos of each student, and of them was holding a sign that said, "I have a dream." When she showed me her picture, so proud, I said, "You have a dream? What's your dream?"

"I don't have a dream."

(Maybe I need to introduce her to Paige!)
    Me (40) DH (47) & furbabies * m/c 7/08 4/12 11/12

I'm sure I have posted this story before, but it is one of my favorites.
    DD1 was 4 when my SIL got pregnant. She followed my mother around forever asking where the baby came out. My mom beat around the bush for awhile; she wasn't sure how I wanted to answer that question, and finally she told her "the baby comes out of her haha." (That's what we call a vagina in my family.)
    Anyway, fast forward a couple months and my 6 month pregnant cousin comes down for a visit. Savannah looks at her belly and asks her if she is pregnant. My cousin says yes, she's having a little boy. Savannah looks her in the eye and very seriously asks her "You know that baby is going to come out of your haha, right?"

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

If she doesn't watch out, we're all going to fall in love with her. That is so sweet. Did everyone just melt?

These are all from my 3-year-old:

"Today is all about a party for Dr. Martin Luther King, but he is dead. He got shooted. Maybe he will come back to life in three days?"

(Not quite sure what they were talking about in preschool today, but he also said dentists give you a gas and it makes you go to sleep and feel nothing right before that.)

"What day is it today?" "Friday?" "I don't think so. It's dark out. I think it should be called FriNIGHT."

"If we are going to the beach tomorrow, it will end up being sunny. It always gets sunny when we go to the beach." I told him it's because we go to the beach more when it's warm and sunny, but he seemed to think that going to the beach actually caused the sunny weather.

He was talking to my mom about the lack of an angel on our Christmas tree the other day: "I don't know much about angels, but I do know a lot about robots."

This was already on my facebook, but it made me laugh!

Despite the fact that I am a mother, occasionally nature calls. Today, Maiya followed me in the bathroom and brought Quincy with her. Closing the door, she told me "This way you will have privacy!" Considering the fact that all 3 beings in the house were now in the bathroom with me, I asked her "Privacy from what?"

"I don't know. Maybe from zombies!"

One day, a long, long time ago, before I was in your uterus, and before you were even in Grandma JJ's uterus, I had a horse.

Maiya: Do you remember, a long time ago, when I had the bladder infection when I was 3?
    Me: You mean the one last week?

For some reason, she has decide that, what others might call "kneading" (when a cat kneads), she calls "mudging". She knows the correct word, she just likes "mudging" / "to mudge" better.

That's all I can remember at the moment!

DD: And when you're in the shower, daddy and I will sneak off and go to the store.
    Me: Whatever will I do, home all by myself?
    DD: You will clean the house, of course.

I didn't say this to her, but Not.Bloody.Likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post
    DD: And when you're in the shower, daddy and I will sneak off and go to the store.

Lol! Of course, Suja!

Today I asked Nicholas a question and he "shooshed" me because he was on his pretend phone with his cousin. Then when he hung up his pretend phone and looks at me then said, "Now you can tell me, Momma. What is it that you wanted to tell me?" 😳

Quote Originally Posted by Suja View Post

That's great!
    *** Lindsay ***

Quote Originally Posted by angmichelle View Post
    Lol! Of course, Suja!

Today I asked Nicholas a question and he "shooshed" me because he was on his pretend phone with his cousin. Then when he hung up his pretend phone and looks at me then said, "Now you can tell me, Momma. What is it that you wanted to tell me?" ��
    Funny stuff.
    *** Lindsay ***

We took DD (6) and DS (5) to ice hockey last night. DS told us he wanted to catch a " hockey rock" so he could throw it back to the team.
    DD:" the boalie dropped his glove". I hated having to correct her to goalie.