Sorry if this isn't the right place to post this.

How do you deal with talking to people that are opposed to beast feeding? My MIL never even attempted to breastfeed and tends to bash anyone that does breastfeed and has a colicky baby. She says colick is because the baby is having trouble digesting and needs formula. And that her sister needed to supplement breast feeding with formula. I try to educate her and explain that breast feeding takes work and time and that it is a supply and demand system. And her response is that that is not true for everyone. Really? I'm pretty sure that if babies needed formula the human race would have died out long ago.

Now, I do understand that there are some circumstances that mothers cannot nurse, and i thnk it is wonderful that there are good formulas available. I don't have anything against women who have to supplement or use formula. It just drives me crazy that she really seems to think that formula is better than breast milk and is necessary. She said I am the only person she knows that did not have to supplement and was able to exclusively breastfeed.

Sorry, I guess that really turned out to be more of a rant/vent. But I would appreciate any tips you may have on dealing with ths. I try to avoid the conversation with her cause it just makes me mad and we generally have a good relationship. I don't want to mess that up, but I also wish she would take the time to listen and understand. Thanks!