Thread: Pre-conception visit

Default Pre-conception visit

Hey Ladies!! I know I'm in and out all the time. Well we are officially trying now but I haven't had a period since May. I'm so upset because my body is screwed up. My appt isn't until July 30th. So I was wanting to ask what do I need to expect at this visit? Any questions I should ask?

Great to see you...how exciting to be officially ttc !!!

Is your appt with an ob, midwife, or RE?

I would ask:
    *what supplements/meds you should and shouldn't be taking
    *if you are under or over weight you could request a referral to see a nutritionist to help you get on the healthiest track possible before and during pg
    *when s/he would like you to contact them (at af, ovulation, positive pg test, or at some point during pg)
    *if you are charting bring a copy of your charts to see if they want to review them...if you're not charting I totally recommend it
    *ask to have them do a cbc, thyroid panel, and vit D level now so you have time to correct any deficiencies that may come up
    *write all of your questions down and bring them with you, make sure they acknowledge and address any concerns you have, call if you remember something you forgot to ask or if you think of something else

My experience with pre-pg consultations is that it's primarily to gather info...to get you established if you haven't been a patient with them before or to update info and labwork if you've been a patient with them previously. They will most likely establish baseline vitals (weight, blood pressure, heartrate, temp, etc...) and ask a lot of health history questions.

Praying it goes well!! (((Hugs)))...I'm so sorry your body isn't cooperating right now but hopefully it's just a one time glitch and your cycles will straighten up and behave like they're supposed to so you can get a sticky bfp super fast !!!.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

Great list Kelly!

I would add one more depending on if you were using any preventative measures like bcp. Just ask what you should expect in your body adjusting to not using those methods anymore. Some birth control takes a but of time to leave your system so you can conceive!
    Natalie [31] DH [40] 9/01, 1/06 NaturallyNatalie's Hair Accessories!

I'd add asking whether any genetic testing would be advised based on any existing health issues with you or DH. Also ask about the safety of any medications you're currently taking.

Thank you ladies so much for the question. I picked up some evening primrose oil will they help with conception?