Thread: Really Confused, need help!

Question Really Confused, need help!

Hi every, I am really confused. Lately my fiance has been waking up with an upset stomach and nausea. She doesn't throw up but just doesn't feel like eating sometimes and generally this feeling goes away within a few hours. Sometimes it's almost all day. She also has started feeling like gagging when she brushes her teeth. I know these symptoms are a symptom of being pregnant. Morning sickness, also she feels thirsty a lot. I don't know if that is a symptom or not, I have read that but not sure how reliable. The thing is, just last week she had her period. It was a little different than normal. It came a day later and usually its heavy for 4 days light for 2. This time it was heavy the first 2 and light the last 4. We have had a couple scares before when her period decided to become abnormal and bought pregnancy tests twice. So we are like, we don't want to get one unless there is a big reason, like missing a period. But the way she has been feeling is really confusing. I have read about how stress can make someone feel like that, but it's been going on since right around when her period started which would be 12 days ago. She works 2 jobs and is a full time college student. Plus we both live with my mom because she recently lost her job and needed help. So what I'm asking is should we be worried and get a test? Should we wait until the next time she should get her period? I'm confused as to if this sounds more like stress related or pregnancy related. Thank You.

Unfortunatly, the 2 can have similar symptoms. with her schedule, it could be a very big possibility that it is stress. Stress could also make her period different. I would assume if she had a period, right around the same time as she always does, she is probably not pregnant. However, if there is doubt in your mind at all, buy a test. Even a cheap dollar store one from the dollar tree will be good enough. That way you don't have to spend too much money on something you don't really want to buy. Good luck, I hope you get whatever you're wishing for.
    Me (28) DH (32) DSD (9) DD (born 12/22/13)

How likely is it that she could be pregnant? Did you two have unprotected intercourse around the time she ovulated?

You can get dollar store pregnancy tests, to set your mind at ease. They aren't the most accurate, but work pretty well under most circumstances.

We had unprotected sex like the first 3 days after her last period ended. Then stopped for like 10 days. Then we did a couple of times after that. I know the pull out method is not very good. But if we do have sex around her ovulation time I always put a condom on.
    Thanks for the help.

I really thought it was stress too. But it it's seemed to be going on for a long time. Some days are better than others and when she said brushing her teeth makes her gag. It's really confusing. I really don't understand women's bodies. lol. Also, i have read so many different things about women can or cannot have a period, or there are differences in her period if she is preg or not. Does anyone know about that?

A recent development is now she feels like she is getting her PMS symptoms 12 days into this "cycle" which was kind of lacking that feeling before her last period started. This is just bizarre to me.

midgetlb6 Guest

I would go to the dollar store to get a dollar test, pms and pregnancy symptoms mimick each other closely so there is no way to know for sure, if she is only 12 days into this cycle she may be getting ready to ovulate which can be painful for sine, lower back pain, and pain in one side if her ovary more then the other, it's not uncommon for cycles to change up, it happens to all of us. Pms symptoms can cause a woman to have headaches, nausea and even throw up as progesterone levels rise and then by CD 21 drop drastically and that's what can cause the nausea and throwing up. Been there done that. I should for CD 21 in most woman but not all depending in how long their cycle is. If she is only 12 days in to this cycle I'd say its unlikely that she's pregnant. GL but if your still doubtful but a TEST for a buck.

Bleeding can occur in early pregnancy I had bleeding with both pregnancies which was spotting. Some other cases of women having more bleeding with but, that is rare. The dollar store tests are accurate and you could pick up a few to have on hand. It sounds unlikely she is pregnant but, not impossible.

I don't think she is ovulating, well maybe now, but this feeling has been going on for 2 weeks. She said it wasn't as bad during her period though. There doesn't seem to be much relief throughout the day. She said she feels heaviness in her stomach sometimes. Kind of acidic too. I know usually if someone does bleed, its the implantation bleeding which from what I understand is noticably different than a normal period. And usually a little earlier than a normal period. Just wondering if this sounds like she could be pregnant or maybe stress, or possibly some stomach ailment that may need to be checked out or something. We don't want to wait around and see if it gets better if its something that needs to be treated. But we also don't want to waste going to the doctor or pregnancy tests if it's nothing. Thanks for all the help.

A pg test is 88cents at Walmart or $1 at the dollar store...definitely test so you can both know for sure (((hugs)))!

Thinking of you both and praying for a good outcome !!!!

Keep us posted!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

I don't think I have ever seen an 88 cent preg test at walmart. Cheepest is like 6 bucks. I know it's not a lot. Just spending it on it again and coming out neg and feeling like a waste, you know? guess it would put the mind at ease. But also, idk how I would react if the results came back the other way. I'm like, I would rather hold on to the hope that it's stress related or something. She is gonna make a dr. appointment and get it all checked out i guess. If it's not preg then there is something else seriously wrong it seems. Just the fact of her not missing a period, but has these "symptoms" and feelings. It's really throwing us both off.

I totally get that . If waiting it out to see the dr is what you'd both like to do then definitely go with it...that's a perfectly legit option!

At her appt it may be a good idea for her to talk with the dr about a better form of birth control if she's not pregnant. It would ease both of your minds I would think to not have this kind of added stress .

As a side note...have them check her thyroid...it can cause all sorts of crazy symptoms if her levels are abnormal.
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels

she was on 2 forms of birth control. Both really made her feel sick and bloating was unbearable for her. Thats why she is not on it anymore. Im just telling myself she didnt miss a period. that is usually the tell all sign. It's most likely something else. I want her to be preg, just not yet. Just wanted to see what others thought if it was to them a sign to take a preg test. Or a sign of stress or something more serious and needing a doctor.